Nails

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
My nails are a mess. They've always been weak, split and peel when they get to any decent length.

A few years ago I use to have acrylic nails and then gel and they looked great - but expensive and time consuming to upkeep.

So gone back to my own - tried using nailteeks and sally hanson hard as nails on them ... but they still break, split etc

Anyone any tips for me to have glorious long nails???

No but I could do with some help too. After the house move part 1 my nails are awful! When you say acrylic do you mean nail extensions ? I have heard of these and was considering it but how long do they last ? I would go for a manicure but doubt whether they could be currently improved !
Melissa x

my nails suffer the same way! used to love my mobile manicurist BUT i find my nails are better on CD. dunno whether its all the water or getting proper nutrition tho :confused:

they r better but still kinda rubbish lol

I have very brittle nails, but it's not a problem as I have to keep them short (pianist).

I found they were terrible when I was SSing. Never been worse.

After the diet I started add a multivit and mineral to my healthy diet and couldn't believe the difference it made to my nails. Had to start cutting them:eek:

actually, friend of mine swears by one of those mutlivits for women (wellwoman or skin, hair and nails kinda thing) which i always thought were probably rubbish, for nails and clear skin. maybe worth a go.

I never put nail polish on, I rub the cuticles with cream covering the nail too, and they seem pretty resilient, I find nail polish dries my nail out making them worse......! They are also better since being on LT !

Anyone know the current typical price for nail extensions ? the idea is growing on me ! However 2 weekly maintenance probably adds to the cost I bet ! Thanks

Hi Melissa, I used to pay £40 for a full set of acrylic nails, and then £20 every 2 weeks for infills....they look great but the maintenance is hard work, and they can start to look a bit icky while you are coming up to getting the infills done

I miss my acrylic nails though!! They were my biggest vice, well apart from chocolate!! It was the best hour I spent every fortnight!

Thanks karen, I fancy a bit of a non-food treat. Do they paint them or french manicure or what? Can you have what you like ? :cool:

Also can they come off or drop off ? Sorry to be such a virgin in these matters :D

Well you can get 'natural' or white tips . They have a lovely glossy finish to them and with natural tips they look like a french manicure, but I'm sure if you fancied having them painted it can be done, I always liked the natural looking ones. They can break sometimes, but my nail technician always fixed mine no problem. They only really seem to break if you have them too long. I used to get different color tips on mine as well, like silver glitter mixed into the acrylic to give them a littls sparkle (not mad ott or anything, although I did have tricolor tips for st patricks weekend last year!)

They are fab, but take a couple of days to get used to. I think as well as getting them infilled every 2 weeks, you need to get a full new set every 2 or 3 months, cos they can only fill them so many times before they just look really bad!

You should go for it, I believe acrylics are stronger than gel, but you get a similar look from them both

Hi Bex, when you take them off your nails will probably be softer than they were, but not necessarily weaker because the acrylic or gel has protected them from all the knocks they would usually get.

Mine were really soft for a couple of weeks and then went back to normal....I would love to be able to afford to gt them done again!

Back