Namaste's trek.......talk about the scenic route!

namaste

Silver Member
Well, I've been looking around for a few days now and am very impressed by how lovely and supportive everyone on this site is :D Wish I'd known it was here the first time I tried a VLCD.... would have been sooooo helpful. Anyway, I'm here now ~ hopefully to stay for a bit so HI to everyone!

I'm on day 6 of the lovely Exante... I lost 4 stones 2 years ago on Lipotrim then Exante when it was very expensive. LT was cheap but gawd, the taste was horrid... I needed a bar or something to take out mid day and the LT one's were real life cardboard... so although Exante cost a lot then (double what it is now) I paid it and it paid off. So why the return??

Lots of things have happened since then not least the onset of the dreaded menopause :)mad:) and 20lbs has crept back on. I'm not as big as I was before but I just feel uncomfortable most of the time ~ and not just cos of me tropical moments!

I knew what to expect and days 4 and 5 were pretty tough with an awful weak feeling and a thumper of a migraine but definitely past the worst now. I've had to have 4 packs a couple of times but hopefully that hasn't slowed any losses too much..... we'll see tomorrow!

So like everyone's diary (a few of which I've read from start to finish) this'll be full of ebbs and flows, rants and raves and weigh losses recorded faithfully (or not).

Last edited:
Good luck with your journey sounds like you've got it nailed :)

good luck honey im really struggling this afternoon and i was full of the joys of spring this morning! how the mighty have fallen lol

Good luck with your journey sounds like you've got it nailed :)

Tomorrow is another day as they say but yes, this week's been good, thanks.

good luck honey im really struggling this afternoon and i was full of the joys of spring this morning! how the mighty have fallen lol
Tis tough at first (and at several points inbetween) but you can be strong and turn bad habits into new, better for you habits :)

One thing I'd completely forgotten was the cold............ I'm soooo cold right now which is really odd cos the sun's shining ~ I'm almost wishing for a severe tropical moment...

lol im always too hot even in winter so i think the cold will be good for me lol

im on pins here waiting for your weigh in lol

Yaaaaaaay 7lbs down :) :)

The real test will be the weekend so I'm gonna have to start planning for that properly. I'm staying with my partner in Bristol and he's a fantastic cook.......... usually a big bonus I can tell you but right now I'm not so sure. I've sent him a list of food for the AAM week so lets see if he can make that tasty :) Tis gonna be hard, his breakfasts are to die for :(

This morning I'm blerdy hungry but once I'm at work it'll be better... at least I now have the bars to take with me!

Gotta get on....

Well done on your weigh in Hun! You must be thrilled! I know I would be :)

im on pins here waiting for your weigh in lol

Morning hun, how you doing this morning?? You did really well getting through yesterday ..... just think, you now know how strong you can be :)

Yay well done - you've just lost the weight of a whole newborn baby ;) hehe xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on the 7lbs...half a stone gone, already!
My sympathies for those tropical moments.....don't they get on your nerves ! Though I rarely get them as have been taking Black Cohosh...seems to help.

I'm doing ok today so far :) done my exercises and had half a bar for breakkie! Feeling a bit better today still got headache And you did lose the weight of a baby my eldest was 7.1 lb lol

How you getting on chick?

7lb down - fantastic!

Yay well done - you've just lost the weight of a whole newborn baby ;) hehe

I've lost a whole other person (albeit a very little one) :D

Well done on the 7lbs...half a stone gone, already!
My sympathies for those tropical moments.....don't they get on your nerves ! Though I rarely get them as have been taking Black Cohosh...seems to help.

Not tried that, I'm taking Sage supplements which have helped thank goodness........... tis the red face I hate most gggrrrrr

I'm doing ok today so far :) done my exercises and had half a bar for breakkie! Feeling a bit better today still got headache And you did lose the weight of a baby my eldest was 7.1 lb lol

You'll be over the first week before you know it........

How you getting on chick?

For some reason I've wanted to eat this evening but I've distracted mesself with the arcade......... I forgot how competitive I am! I'll nip over to your diary in a mo and find out how you're doing, see you there.....

7lb down - fantastic!

Thanks, hopefully many more lbs will follow :)

So today's been good till the evening... a bit of a danger point for most of us it seems! I'm fighting the nibbles and I soooo miss my wine.... I just keep telling myself that a few weeks going without will be worth it, what's a few weeks after all? Nothing! Not sure if its working though :)

Had an extra shake again today but think I needed it.... lots and lots of walking now I don't have my little Clio any more :( I miss it ~ so as well as telling myself going without food and wine for a few weeks isn't a sacrifice really I'm also telling myself that not having a car is going to be really really good for me and I'll be soooo healthy with all this walking blah blah blah (I've yet to be convinced)

xx

Well done hunny keep going your doing great :)

How you doing today sweetie?

Thanks guys............... doing good but not without the odd wobble of course (in more ways than one) :)

Today is a lovely, sunny, hot day...... I'm trying to sound pleased about it cos it really does make you feel good seeing blue skies rather than grey! But we all know that feeling of dread don't we? The thought of exposing our flabby flesh to the elements and OTHER PEOPLE eeek

So I stubbornly kept my thick, coverall top on, despite it being about 20C out there grrrrrr ........ In reality I probably looked sillier wearing it than I would've not wearing it, and who cares what I look like anyway at my age? Only me is my guess :( Ah well, tis just as well I have made a start losing weight now or I'd be still the same or even bigger the entire summer.........

I think you're right, people are generally more bothered about themselves to notice what you look like! Down on Brighton beach anything goes :) We'll all be there in our bikinis before long, but then again i wouldn't want to put anyone off their ice cream...

Back