Nandos - Is it diet suicide?

Claireabella86

Promised my Dad I'd take him to Nandos for Fathers Day (he's never been) Due to go next Friday.

Is this absolutely mental? Or are there options they have that are Cambridge friendly?

If I need to cancel he will have to make do with socks and a card =]

Nandos is fine to visit id say.. yummy chicken without skin and green salad (no dressing) glass of large water.. there you go :) fathers day is once a year.

Thanks Shanny! If its a once a year treat its allowed!

I have the willpower to resist the usual goodies of Nandos and stick to the healthy option. He on the other hand will have everything on the menu. I'm paying afterall! =P

Bring on the Nandos!

I've been to Nandos twice during the 14 weeks on Cambridge, both times i had a chicken ceaser salad with no croutons, no dressing and no extras, just very plain and a little balsamic vinigar, both times i had losses of over 2lb (never lost less than 2lb any week!) :)

xSinead said:
I've been to Nandos twice during the 14 weeks on Cambridge, both times i had a chicken ceaser salad with no croutons, no dressing and no extras, just very plain and a little balsamic vinigar, both times i had losses of over 2lb (never lost less than 2lb any week!) :)

That sounds like a good choice as it's SS+ :)

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10

I had nandos today. Half a chicken (no skin) and mixed leaf salas and come zero. I am step2 mind but tbh this is the kind of meal i eat at hone anyway. I found a cd friendly nandos sauce to buy too :)

I had Nando's the other day with my family! I had mixed leaf chicken salad (gave the cherry tomatoes to my dad) and chicken breast. I had the hot marinade on the chicken, which was very spicy, but tasted lovely and with no extra dressing on the salad. Washed it down with a mineral water! Still lost 5lbs that week :) yummy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Caroline_Louise said:
I had nandos today. Half a chicken (no skin) and mixed leaf salas and come zero. I am step2 mind but tbh this is the kind of meal i eat at hone anyway. I found a cd friendly nandos sauce to buy too :)

Oooooh - which sauce is it that's CD friendly?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Caroline_Louise said:

What is the sauce!?? I'm on edge here!! Haha

Officially you shouldn't be eating the sauce, but my CDC has always said its not going to affect you much if you do have some.

When I first did CD we used to go to nandos often, and I'd have chicken salad. It was lovely as a treat. I think they do balsamic too so you don't just have to have plain salad.

Thanks "Thats-So-Fetch"!

Feel like I can actually look forward to it now knowing that I wont be guilt ridden for days on end after it! Chicken and salad will be a welcome treat even if it doesnt have all the skin and chips that Id normally wolf down!

Guys, baaad bad news! My cd friendly nandos sauce is not to be! My oh brought it home with the shopping and it contains lemon, onion and salt!!! I did want to hit him over the head with it as i was sooo disappointed but he was only trying to be nice. He just saw the low cab content and nothing else, booo :-(

Back