NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hoping you're feeling at least a bit better Doreen? xx

Last edited:
As you know I'm back here Doreen - I enjoyed reading thro the recent posts on your thread - here's to a good Feb weight loss for us all! Hello to CrafterMary, unconcerned and Mini!

I've not been able to get to Slimming World class today cos of the snow - I live at the top of a steep one mile hill 1 mile from town - the council keep the hill clear but you can't expect them to snowplough/grit every side road :) but I don't feel as if I've lost anything this week - which is annoying cos I've been strictly on plan :(

I've already eaten too much this morning and off to the pub for lunch - I won't go mad but it won't all be free food either ;) I'l try to be careful for the rest of the week. Hope everyone has a good day

I need to update my stats below when I remember how to! xx

Hi CrafterMary! Glad your snow didn't stick - although ours was thick on the ground this morning - by the afternoon it'd all gone and it turned bright & sunny yet flipping freezing & windy!

The pub lunch was very naughty - a child's portion (started off well eh - then went down hill) of fish, chips and peas and an adult's size choc brownie, choc sauce & ice cream and a Bacardi & diet coke - well I am dieting after all!

I agree with CrafterMary - Come out, come out Doreen wherever you are!! xx

No snow here and no sign of it at the moment according to the forecast. Just as well I am going up to Haverhill on Friday to look after Nik's dog. He is going to visit my sister. The dog was left for 3hrs today and had wet around the kitchen. Being a male dog he has cocked his leg at the fridge and table etc. Unusual, hope he is not getting a bladder problem, I know that they do not have pet insurance.

Anyway enough about that. I have come out Mary with the help of Upndown.

I am going to put my food on again starting last Friday. Yes I kept a note of it. Only cause I put on 2.1/2 last week. Shame I only needed half a pound for the 4 Stone . Will do food tomorrow as am tired now.

Did a puzzle for a couple of hours in the library this morning then to the cafe this pm.

Yay Doreen's back! Mary and I have 'winkled you out' o_O sometimes a gain spurns us on to have a good week doesn't it - I hope you have a loss this week and can get back into the zone - you've been doing so well lately but Xmas, New Year, the short days & the long nights don't help do they?

Can either of you help me - I want to update my 'Progress' section (the bit below our posts with our awards/weights etc) but I don't know how to edit it?

By the way Mary - my name's Linda! xx

Account details... Go to your name at the top of the page .....where you go to log out. Try account details.

Morning - a bright one here but v cold brrr... just taken Poppy to school - I'm off for a walk at 10 with a friend along the prom - so I'll wrap up well :) Hoping to have a strict day after my naughty one yesterday - here's to a good one for us all! xx

Tuesday.6th Feb.

B. 3 eggs scrambled. Coffee. Diet drink
L. 5 scan bran 2 bananas 2 Muller's
D. Chilli and rice. Lots onion, carrot, passatta.
Eve. 3 yogurts

No syns

Enjoy your walk Linda. Nice and bright here too. Housework first then off to the cafe.

When I left yesterday Phil (a lady) asked me if I was going back today. I said. "yes, why do you ask?". She said that if I don't turn up at some point during the day it gets mentioned. They ask Mia, the waitress, has she heard from me.
I mentioned this to the ladies in the little cabin shops and in unison they said we all notice when you don't turn up and one of us will say hope I am ok.

Souds a bit bland when reading it , but it was so nice. I sometimes wondered if I was a nuisance.

I am going to Haverhill to look after dog. Going Friday pm, back maybe Mon. As it is half term I may stay til Tuesday. So I may disappear for a couple of days but I will be back.😂

Enjoy your walk Linda. Nice and bright here too. Housework first then off to the cafe.

When I left yesterday Phil (a lady) asked me if I was going back today. I said. "yes, why do you ask?". She said that if I don't turn up at some point during the day it gets mentioned. They ask Mia, the waitress, has she heard from me.
I mentioned this to the ladies in the little cabin shops and in unison they said we all notice when you don't turn up and one of us will say hope I am ok.

Souds a bit bland when reading it , but it was so nice. I sometimes wondered if I was a nuisance.

Ah that's lovely of the cafe/cabin girls to look out for you - I don't think it sounds bland at all - lovely for you and others to hear that there are caring people still around!! Enjoy your time with the family and hope you're able to stick to the plan cos it's harder when we're away from home sometimes isn't it?

I did enjoy the walk thanks - one of the girls has a fitbit and she said we did 10,000 steps - so I was pleased with that! My food's been ok so far - fingers crossed I can keep it up! xx

Last edited:
Tuesday.6th Feb.

B. 3 eggs scrambled. Coffee. Diet drink
L. 5 scan bran 2 bananas 2 Muller's
D. Chilli and rice. Lots onion, carrot, passatta.
Eve. 3 yogurts

No syns

Go you Doreen - an angelic day and no syns :eek:o_O :nananana: :whistle: :bolt: :king2: :airquote: :banana_dancer: :0icanfly: :0clapper:

Food for today Wed 7/2

B. 2 eggs scrambled.
L. 5 scan bran heb. 1 Muller and a banana.
D. Spaghetti Bolognese with speedy carrots and onions with passatta. Pasta plus 25g parmesan. Hea.

Need to syn milk. 50ml at cafe and 3 coffee at home. Probably 100ml.

It's nice that people notice when your not around @Nanny Doreen
Glad you enjoyed your walk @upndown

I'm away next week but I know I will be good as staying with eldest son and he watches over me.:classic_roll_eyes: But he doesn't know what I store in the bedroom.:classic_big_grin:
Well we can't have our sons interfering with our nutritional requirements can we - presume you're talking about a food stash in that bedroom?! :whistle:Enjoy your time away!

Back