NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

An early night for you then or perhaps that's you're routine? Hope you had a good night's sleep.

I do it about 8pm just before I'm settling down to watch tv. Then I just have to go for a pee before jumping into bed.:)
I did it tonight and now no more food

An early night for you then or perhaps that's you're routine? Hope you had a good night's sleep.

I had planned to have an early night but an ambulance turned up for next door.
They took Karen off on a stretcher. Don't know why . Her daughter was outside crying.
She was awake and spoke. Hope she is ok.

I will go shortly. I did have dinner tonight. Ate chop and spuds then coffee. Tummy feels like I have been eating all day and my back is aching so a couple of painkillers and a buscapan.

Won't be leaving too early tomorrow.

Phew! This page is fast moving! I only had a few days off and there’s LOADS to catch up on! 😂

Well I think I’m all up to date here now ladies! Have a good evening xx

I had planned to have an early night but an ambulance turned up for next door.
They took Karen off on a stretcher. Don't know why . Her daughter was outside crying.
She was awake and spoke. Hope she is ok.

I will go shortly. I did have dinner tonight. Ate chop and spuds then coffee. Tummy feels like I have been eating all day and my back is aching so a couple of painkillers and a buscapan.

Won't be leaving too early tomorrow.

Ah sorry to hear about your neighbour - hope she's ok - let us know how she gets on.

Hope your tum settles with the Buscapan and you have a good journey and enjoy your time away. xx

Phew! This page is fast moving! I only had a few days off and there’s LOADS to catch up on! 😂

Well I think I’m all up to date here now ladies! Have a good evening xx

Lovely to see you here - we're both retired now and have struggled with our weight/diets for years but now we have time to keep one another in check - hee hee!

Didn't come on yesterday - I was busy & had an early night - hope Doreen's having a good time?! I had an on plan day and did my exercise.

Woke up to snow again today but it's very wet so maybe it won't stick but Poppy's school was closed so she's coming flying with us today - did I say that Phil's pilot licence lapsed - he's renewed it now - so he's having lessons to get current again. There's a lovely clear blue sky - odd with the snow;)

I don't think I mentioned that I joined the 'Soroptomists' recently and should be going tonight but don't fancy driving in case it freezes cos it can be tricky getting back up the one mile hill where we live - I'll see how it goes.

Foodwise not sure as we're going out but the airfield has a small friendly cafe and are happy to do things the Slimming World way - like doing extra salad, serving cheese separate, no butter on baked potato etc

Not hungry this morning so not had b'fast - might have it as a snack later. Not sure about evening meal yet either I'll sort it now.

Did exercise earlier too! Hope everyone has a good day. xx

Doreen is having a nice time. The play Faye was in was very funny.

I got weighed this morning and have lost 3.1/2lb. Needless to say I am very pleased.

I am at my sister's house. We have spent the afternoon and evening doing a very hard puzzle. Very enjoyable.

Faye/Flynn have a cat named Elfaba. The name of the wicked witch of the west! She was on Flynn's bed at 2am Wednesday starting to give birth. 🐱. Nik to her to her birthing place in the bottom of the wardrobe and she had her babies. 🐈🐈🐈🐈.

Everyone was excited.

Food today !!

Breakfast.
Good size piece of cake made by Faye and Flynn with butter icing and sprinkles etc. Beautiful.
Banana.

Lunch

Crab sticks and coffee

Dinner

Pork steak, carrots and sprouts. Little gravy

Late night coffee and 1 chocolate digestive.

I will start counting tomorrow. Night x

Hope you're having fun Doreen - snow disappeared here by the afternoon yesterday and we had a lovely good day. My food was horrendous!

I'm meeting a friend in Chester today - not seen her for a long time and looking forward to it - will try my best with food but already eaten too much for breakfast - need to get a grip. No idea what dinner will be!

MiL still very poorly - she's so weak and thin now - sad to see her like that.

Feeling a bit stressed with the bathroom plans - people are coming to start the job on Monday - the shop which delivered the damaged stuff haven't rung us back - we've rung them several times now - so may have to go there which is a pain as it's an hour's round journey. I'm sure it'll be ok in the end.

Will do my exercise before I go out at least I can do that properly!

Well done @Nanny Doreen on your 3 1/2lb off.

My eldest turned up last night so this weekend maybe a bit of cake. I wasn't going to bother for just me and OH but when he comes I always get one. It has to be m&s Gluten free so I only have one slice as it plays havoc with my ibs if I eat more.:)

Not nice watching a love one deteriorate. Is MIL in any pain?

Doreen is having a nice time. The play Faye was in was very funny.

I got weighed this morning and have lost 3.1/2lb. Needless to say I am very pleased.

I am at my sister's house. We have spent the afternoon and evening doing a very hard puzzle. Very enjoyable.

Faye/Flynn have a cat named Elfaba. The name of the wicked witch of the west! She was on Flynn's bed at 2am Wednesday starting to give birth. 🐱. Nik to her to her birthing place in the bottom of the wardrobe and she had her babies. 🐈🐈🐈🐈.

Everyone was excited.

Glad you're enjoying yourself and the play went well and WOWEE! to your fantastic loss - I need to copy your previous week's food to the last morsel!

Hope you had a good journey to Norfolk?

Congratulations on becoming a proud great-grandma to lots of kittens! Enjoy the rest of your time away!! xx

Well done @Nanny Doreen on your 3 1/2lb off.

My eldest turned up last night so this weekend maybe a bit of cake. I wasn't going to bother for just me and OH but when he comes I always get one. It has to be m&s Gluten free so I only have one slice as it plays havoc with my ibs if I eat more.:)

Not nice watching a love one deteriorate. Is MIL in any pain?

Ooh cake :) I'm jealous but hope it didn't set off your ibs?

No very sad to see my MiL fading away but thankfully she's not in any pain.

Go you with your exercise.:)

Weather won't warm up until it's all down.:(

I'm trying with the exercise - finding it easier to do since you started the exercise thread - I need the structure/motivation!

Another not so good food day - must behave 2moro xx

Last edited:
Laying on the bed. Should be going asleep but not tired now.

Breakfast. Banana and coffee.

Lunch

My sister's took me out for a lunchtime treat. We went to a fab pizza restaurant.
I had a good size pizza with everything. A third of a bottle of wine. Lemon cheesecake and ice-cream. Finished with coffee. It was delicious, first time forever that I have had pizza.

Dinner.

Toasted egg sarni. A little ice-cream and a banana.

Syns????? Who knows. I do care but enjoyed my day.

Linda I am pleased your MIL is not suffering. So sad for the family. Sending love to you all.
Doreen xxx

Last edited:
Wow that meal out sounds lovely Doreen - I'm very impressed that you were careful with your other food for the rest of the day - that's the way to do it - enjoy treats but stick to the plan otherwise :classic_smile:

I'm hopeless at doing that - I'm either 100% on the plan or 100% off it :classic_frown:

Going to try hard to get back in control today - will make a soup, Phil's made a slow cooker casserole already - so no excuses - will do an exercise workout dvd shortly - hopefully that'll set me up for a good day!

Yes it's not a good time for the family with MiL being so poorly.

EDITED:

Another not so good day foodwise :( need to get a grip.

Last edited:
Still from Norfolk.

Breakfast

Banana. Then picked car up from other sister ...... Slice of cake

Lunch

2 large slices bread with lovely ham

Dinner. Piece of steak all fat off. 🙄 With oven chips.
Toffee ice team and 1/2 syn jelly

Later, Muller and satsuma

We only really went shopping today .. nice lazy day. Still doing a 1500 piece puzzle

EDITED:

Sounds like you're having a good time and you're being careful with your food - and that puzzle's keeping you out of mischief!! Well done Doreen xx

Last edited:
Back