• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ€βšΎβš½ Emojis and more.. Read more

NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

S: 11st0lb C: 9st6lb BMI: 23.4 Loss: 1st8lb(14.29%)

upndown

Gold Member
S: 12st11lb C: 10st10.5lb G: 10st0.5lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 2st0.5lb(15.92%)
Luckily if didn't. It did set off my sinusitis which is good as I now can add that to my list of things to avoid. Have to avoid M&S Gluten free cake. :classic_frown:
Oh no - it must be difficult when you have avoid certain foods esp tasty ones when they're gluten free. Phil suffers badly from sinusitis - he had an operation many years ago but sadly it barely made a difference.

You're right I can do it but struggling at the mo - it isn't going to be easy this week either - we're having a bathroom refit - a luxury for us - we've lived here for over 30 years and Phil has always done all work on the house but I persuaded him to let someone else do it this time. We have toilet downstairs but no bath/shower so we've decided to stay in a hotel locally for 3 nights this week - we'll have to be here for much of the day to answers the fitters' questions - anyway I need to pull my finger out!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

I had polyps removed end of 2016 and could smell and breath through nose again for 6 months. But then lost sense of smell and difficult breathing again. I think it's sugar that I have to avoid. Haven't had any all week and my nose had almost cleared up.

upndown

Gold Member
It's good that you know what you need to steer clear of - not always easy to avoid some things though - Phil has to avoid all dairy foods and he loves cheese!

upndown

Gold Member
Food:

Brunch: cheese HEA and bread roll HEBwith an apple and an orange
D: Phil's made sausage casserole in the slow cooker but fussy me's not keen on the sausages but there's plenty of veg in it so will just have that.
Drinks: fruit teas, water and a low cal hot choc 2 syns

Feeling a bit flat this weekend although I've had some lovely flowers/Mothers' Day phone calls and my son & his family who live locally are coming up shortly.

Exercise: 30 mins exercise dvd

S: 18st11.0lb C: 14st4lb G: 13st7lb BMI: 31.3 Loss: 4st7lb(23.95%)
EDITED:

Sounds like you're having a good time and you're being careful with your food - and that puzzle's keeping you out of mischief!! Well done Doreen xx
It certainly is. It was finished this afternoon. We were able to chat and have a laugh at the same time. Not much to report though. Going home in the morning via Nik's as I left mother's Day pressies and my scales there.

Food.

Breakfast
5 scan bran. Banana and yogurt. Coffee

Lunch

Ham sarni, tomatoes and a few crisps
2 biscuits.

Dinner
Chicken wrapped in bacon. Mash, carrots and swede. Gravy

Later 3 biscuits .

Not slimming world but don't think I too bad.

Back to normal Mon-Thurs. Will let you know what the scales say tomorrow.

Hope you company helped you to tell better today. I will contact Mon or Tues xxxx

upndown

Gold Member
I'm very impressed with your food during your time away - that's definitely the way to do it Doreen - it should give you confidence for the future for the time you want to lose more and when you'll be maintaining. I need to copy you!!

Sounds like you're having a good time there and it'll be good to see your family on the way home.

We have the bathroom people here today - they've already ripped the bathroom out and started to plaster the walls where they've taken the tiles off the wall - so will be pulling up the floor now cos the other one was wonky!

We bought the new stuff from Bathstore - they were helpful in the shop and we liked lots of their stuff but we had to send 6 things back as they were damaged - the replacements arrived today but wd you believe that the replacement loo is also damaged grrr... so we're going to try to replace it from a local shop that has a toilet in stock!! The men have switched the electric off - so no heating either at the moment - so going to the pub for lunch - I won't go mad tho!

Think you'll know I haven't been to SW class since MiL's been in hospital - well I'm going 2moro :doh: the scales will show a large gain but I hope that'll be enough to shake me in to diet action :whistle:

I've kept up with the exercise though - thanks to the beginner's exercise thread here.

Last edited:
I hate that when stuff turns up damaged. You would think the delivery men would take more care or was it well wrapped so broken when being wrapped?

upndown

Gold Member
All the items were really well packaged and 2 men delivered them and they handled the packages carefully - the problem was that they hadn't been checked properly - particularly annoying because each item had been signed off by an inspector :p eg: the toilet had a wavy pattern rather than a smooth finish as you'd expect - as the one in the showroom was. Plus one of the unit doors had a badly damaged edge etc etc!!

upndown

Gold Member
Well a 9.5lb gain - knew it wasn't going to be good on the scales today - well deserved - need to get back on plan now but staying in a local hotel for 3 nights now so we can have electric, heating and a shower - so it won't be easy - but not going to go mad - we're only in Llandudno - the next coastal town from us - got a good rate cos it's a quiet time of the year esp mid week :classic_big_grin:

Weather's lovely and managed a walk so the picture's not all black :classic_roll_eyes:

Hope everyone has a better day than me :classic_smile:

Well a 9.5lb gain - knew it wasn't going to be good on the scales today - well deserved - need to get back on plan now but staying in a local hotel for 3 nights now so we can have electric, heating and a shower - so it won't be easy - but not going to go mad - we're only in Llandudno - the next coastal town from us - got a good rate cos it's a quiet time of the year esp mid week :classic_big_grin:

Weather's lovely and managed a walk so the picture's not all black :classic_roll_eyes:

Hope everyone has a better day than me :classic_smile:
That's ok Linda. Take your time, don't try and cut right down. Listen to me, we both know what to do don't we.

Last edited:
I got home Monday about 3.30pm. Long journey as I left at 10am. Mind you I missed the turning on the way to Nik's and ended up driving across country along all the lanes. Not too bad though. Spent a bit of time at Nik's with the dog. Picked up Mother's Day pressies and my bathroom scales. Nobody home though as kids at school and Nik and Davina at work. I knew that would be the case though.

Had a good time with my sister's. Just a long way to go.

I stopped and the way home and a lovely bacon roll and coffee. Later I ate the 2 hifi bars from my pressie without sharing with the dog. 😊.

When I got home I had 2 burgers chops and a tin of spaghetti followed by a lot of jelly and yogurt.
Ooh forgot I had 3 ginger nut biscuits and a coffee. I did share the biscuits with the dog. πŸ™„. Naughty me.

Today I have had
B. 3 eggs scrambled with 20g of parmesan cheese. 2 syns

L. Coffee x 2

D. Mince with onions, carrots, Oxo with parsnip mash.
Will follow that with pot of jelly and yogurt. 1/2 syn.

1/2 can cider. 4.1/2 syns

My weight this morning was about the same as Thursday.

upndown

Gold Member
That's ok Linda. Take your time, don't try and cut right down. Listen to me, we both know what to do don't we.
Hee Hee - I will listen to you Doreen - I need someone to show me the way ;) my first reaction to the gain was to starve for at least a month :innocent002::innocent002::innocent002: but we all know how that'd end up!

Well I did ok at b'fast this morning 2 rashers bacon - fat removed with one slice of toast HEB, scraping of butter x syns, fruit salad and a strawberry yogurt 3 syns, fruit teas - will probably stick to something similar whilst I'm away.

Keeping up with the exercise - thanks to the beginners' exercise thread :character00116: xx

Last edited:

upndown

Gold Member
I got home Monday about 3.30pm. Long journey as I left at 10am. Mind you I missed the turning on the way to Nik's and ended up driving across country along all the lanes. Not too bad though. Spent a bit of time at Nik's with the dog. Picked up Mother's Day pressies and my bathroom scales. Nobody home though as kids at school and Nik and Davina at work. I knew that would be the case though.

Had a good time with my sister's. Just a long way to go.

I stopped and the way home and a lovely bacon roll and coffee. Later I ate the 2 hifi bars from my pressie without sharing with the dog. 😊.

When I got home I had 2 burgers chops and a tin of spaghetti followed by a lot of jelly and yogurt.
Ooh forgot I had 3 ginger nut biscuits and a coffee. I did share the biscuits with the dog. πŸ™„. Naughty me.

Today I have had
B. 3 eggs scrambled with 20g of parmesan cheese. 2 syns

L. Coffee x 2

D. Mince with onions, carrots, Oxo with parsnip mash.
Will follow that with pot of jelly and yogurt. 1/2 syn.

1/2 can cider. 4.1/2 syns

My weight this morning was about the same as Thursday.
Well done Doreen - your food's looking good esp as you've been away and glad to read that you've had a good time - I didn't dare to buy any hifi bars last week in case I ate them all before I got home :classic_roll_eyes: but you must have been very careful with them to have at least some leftover for your stop off along the way home :angel:xx

I only had two bars as they were a present. πŸ™„ .
Your day is starting in the right direction. Hope it carries on.

I didn't tell like cooking last night and ended up with

Tin rice 17.1/2 syns.
Grapes. Satsumas X 3.
Pot jelly 1/2 syn and Muller.

Am having the mince etc tonight. Cooked it this morning.

I am still very tired today after my long drive and lack of sleep.

upndown

Gold Member
Hope you're able to put your feet up today and get some rest :classic_smile: xx

I am at this moment lying in bed. I don't want to go to sleep but is a better rest lying down I reckon.

Food.
Breakfast. Scan bran cake
Lunch. 3 eggs, mushrooms and 10g parmesan scrambled 2 syns
Jelly and mullerlight. 1.1/2 syns
Dinner. Mince, onions, carrots, Tom puree and Oxo cubes.
Parsnip and potato mash. Cabbage.
Evening. Probably 1/2 can apple cider. 4.1/2 syns

Total. 8 syns

upndown

Gold Member
Glad you're getting some rest - a good day's food there - with only 8 syns too!