NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I have only just gone back to fruit teas. I tell myself they are a sweet treat. I put a canderel pop in them. Maybe they will help me to lose more. How many cups do you usually have each day?
As for parmesan, I will keep your secret. Sure Mary will too. I do not have a halo as you know. But I was not good with parmesan the week but weighed it and Counted it properly. 😁. It was first day of new week after all.
I was going to make some more BNS carrot soup but have no carrots. Found a red and an orange pepper in the fridge, I used those two with the & onions.
Here's hoping it turns out ok.

Having pork chops tonight, I was looking through some old menus and was reminded how nice they are with stuffing on them. That is my plan for today.

Have a good day all

Last edited:
Food for Saturday
B. Scan bran heb egg yogurt
L. Soup
D. 2 pork chops stuffing 3. Runners cabbage. Fried onions.boiled spud gravy 2

1/2 can cider 4.1/2

Options
Milk Hea. Fruit tea

9.1/2 .

Hope you're all warm and toasty and the weather's not making things difficult for you - it's the same as it has been for the last few days here but our central heating went down last night :classic_frown: but Phil fixed the boiler this morning so all ok now.

I get bored easily with my food so I need to ring the changes - I found this site the other day - I'll let you know if I ever try any of the recipes :classic_roll_eyes::

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/top-15-popular-slimming-world-recipes-2017

Have you ever tried the recipe for SW corned beef pasty? I've been meaning to try it - here it is::character00116:

http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/1-syn-corned-beef-pasties-slimming-world/

But think if I ever made them I'd use the reduced fat corned beef (saving of 2 syns per 100g) and would halve the recipe cos if I liked them - I'd be tempted to eat the lot :teapot:

I like the 'pinch of nom' recipes but not so keen on all the chat running thro the pages :nananana:

Set out for my food for the day early on (after doing my :character00116: ) then decided that I didn't fancy any of it - but couldn't think of anything else I fancied but changed b'fast & lunch for this below but didn't enjoy lunch at all :( so

Did 30 mins exercise before b'fast.
B: 50g of brown bread with seeds toasted part HEB (do I get a :0clapper:for it not being white - don't think I'll ever go back to wholemeal ever!) spread with marmite & HEA cheese then grilled - lovely - I cut the toast into 8 squares & it did seem more than when I cut it in half & I think it took longer to eat then usual so will do that in future.
L: Soup as yest but wanted more so had a Pot Noodle - didn't enjoy it somehow - glad it's syn free - not a lot of speed so will have more for dinner.
Snack: 4 Aldi sweets 2 syns
D: leftover SW chilli and baked potato, frylighted mushrooms. Fruit salad & crumpet 5 syns with level tbsp crunchy peanut butter 4.5 syns

TOTAL SYNS: 11.5 syns

Last edited:
Food for Saturday
B. Scan bran heb egg yogurt
L. Soup
D. 2 pork chops stuffing 3. Runners cabbage. Fried onions.boiled spud gravy 2

1/2 can cider 4.1/2

Options
Milk Hea. Fruit tea

9.1/2 .

EDITED: cos I typed more but it got lost somewhere on the way!

A tasty and excellent day! Hope your soup works out well Doreen - I throw all sorts into mine!

Yes I think fruit teas are a treat too - some days I only have a couple - others I can have 5 or more! I'm not sure if they help weight loss but I driink less coffee since I've drunk them. Also I drink less milk now I have fruit teas & I prefer to use my HEA for cheese ;) Thanks for keeping my cheesy secret safe both of you!

I think stuffing adds flavour/texture to any meal, I love onion gravy but very rarely make it - don't know why - esp as it's extra speed! That looks like a very light day Doreen - well done!

Last edited:
I like the sound of the Spanish chicken. May try that after I have been away.

Those wraps are good. I did buy a pack and are the lot!! Will try again as I didn't put an egg wash on any of them.
The corned beef one appeals to me. I would probably do it with corned beef slices etc.
I wonder if I could freeze the wraps. Could try it with one .... Or make something for the next taster week.

Thanks for those.

It is really cold again today. Hope it warms up soon. Early night for me, I have a headache which does not want to go away.

Enjoy the weekend all 😊

I like the sound of the Spanish chicken. May try that after I have been away.

Those wraps are good. I did buy a pack and are the lot!! Will try again as I didn't put an egg wash on any of them.
The corned beef one appeals to me. I would probably do it with corned beef slices etc.
I wonder if I could freeze the wraps. Could try it with one .... Or make something for the next taster week.

Thanks for those.

It is really cold again today. Hope it warms up soon. Early night for me, I have a headache which does not want to go away.

Enjoy the weekend all 😊

You're welcome Doreen - I'm getting bored of my food so needed to find some new recipes. I've frozen wraps singly in the past - they were fine - like you I'd have eaten the lot otherwise. I also like the Spanish chicken recipe - if I ever make anything new & nice I'll let you know & perhaps you'll do the same - as I typed that I wondered if we shd try tp cook a new recipe once a week for a few weeks to ring the changes - not sure if I'd stick to that but I'll have a go!

As I don't do Slimming World I don't really know what is and is not allowed. So your secret is safe with me. :)

Whew thank goodness for that - I've been worrying about that all day :classic_frown:

Thanks Mary - I'll have a look at that now :classic_smile: need some inspiration :greenapple:

....a short while later....

Just had a quick peep there's a lovely cheesy garlic bread recipe I'm going to have this week - will report back!

Last edited:
Hee Hee I edited it to post my tasty find! Think I'll make that on Tuesday!

Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday? Well had a lazy morning so far but need to do a few boring house jobs in a bit :(

Will do a strength session today - need to check NHS site advice on their website - thinking about yoga and a few exercises with weights - if I can find them - they've been dormant for a while :classic_oops:

Brunch: 80g bread HEB plus 2 syns, 2 rashers bacon - rind/fat removed, frylighted egg, chopped apple/orange
Snack: if I need one - some kind of soup I'll make in a mo
D: Yesterday defrosted a Co-op low fat lasagne then didn't fancy it - still don't but don't like to waste it - not to chuffed about the 7.5syns either :( I bought it cos it was reduced - false economy I reckon :classic_err_what: will have it with lots of speed - maybe have salad with it now the heating's back on! Could have made a lasagne - it'd taste nicer and syn free with quark for the cheese sauce.
Drinks: syn free flavoured water, fruit teas

9.5 syns so far - so pretty much used them up - but if I need a treat later could go up to 15 but don't like doing that too often now I'm closer to target - although it was fine when I had a fair bit to lose.

Edit: Didn't make the soup - for some silly reason I decided to deep clean the kitchen & sort a couple of cupboards - why???? So soup making duties shifted 2 2moro - don't want to spoil my clean hob ha ha!

So my snack's turned into an SF jelly half a syn, yogurt 2 syns, 2 aldi sweets 1 syn and chopped cucumber & 2 cherry toms for speed.

Syns now jumped up to 13 - need to be careful tonight:classic_confused:just thought - I could have some cheese for a HEA and salad later - I'd rather stop there but if I'm truly hungry I cd have a hard boiled egg with it.

Not done my strength exercise yet - unless you count lugging the chairs out of the kitchen to clean :classic_wink: will do it after my snack.

2nd Edit: Full now - had the cheese and 2 more sweets 1 syn but don't need the optional extras :classic_smile: So the day's ended up on 14 syns so I'm just legal!

Last edited:
Morning/afternoon all.
Don't blame you having a lay in. I had arranged to see Albert this morning. He asks me to visit then spends half hour looking at mobile. All I can say it that I do my duty and will not feel guilty when he is no longer with us. It does make me mad though.
It is a lot milder out today.
Hope your lasagne tastes ok Linda. Yea we should try something different😊 if I do will let you know..

Food for Sunday.

B. 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and 1syn cheese

L. Grapes and bananas. Oh dear no speed. Too tired to even sort out the roll I bought. (Later I expect. 8syns).

D. 2 Sainsbury's be good burgers. 2syns. Fried onions and tomatoes. 1/2 pepper. Runners. 300g SW chips. Tomatoes sauce 2 syns

13 syns if I have the roll.

Morning/afternoon all.
Don't blame you having a lay in. I had arranged to see Albert this morning. He asks me to visit then spends half hour looking at mobile. All I can say it that I do my duty and will not feel guilty when he is no longer with us. It does make me mad though.
Hope your lasagne tastes ok Linda. Yea we should try something different😊 if I do will let you know..

Food for Sunday.

B. 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and 1syn cheese

L. Grapes and bananas. Oh dear no speed. Too tired to even sort out the roll I bought. (Later I expect. 8syns).

D. 2 Sainsbury's be good burgers. 2syns. Fried onions and tomatoes. 1/2 pepper. Runners. 300g SW chips. Tomatoes sauce 2 syns

Ooh your cheeky brother messing about with his phone perhaps you shd take your computer next time and browse on this site :classic_tongue: good for you doing your duty!!

Not really looking forward to the lasagne - seems a waste of syns - but if I'm hungry I'm sure I'll eat it all :classic_roll_eyes:

Food looking tasty but sorry to read you were too tired to eat your roll - hope you put your feet up this afternoon?

Ooh your cheeky brother messing about with his phone perhaps you shd take your computer next time and browse on this site :classic_tongue: good for you doing your duty!!

Not really looking forward to the lasagne - seems a waste of syns - but if I'm hungry I'm sure I'll eat it all :classic_roll_eyes:

Food looking tasty but sorry to read you were too tired to eat your roll - hope you put your feet up this afternoon?

I think the driving makes me tired. I have shut the curtains and am snuggled in the armchair!!

Morning/afternoon all.

Food for Sunday.

B. 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and cheese hea. Rest on milk

roll and banana 8syns

Edit

D burgers. 2syns 250g mashed spud . Runner beans.
cheese now part Hea.
roll 8 syns
fat free yogurt
1/2 can cider 4 syns

14 syns for the day. I am legal too .. just. 😎

Well I'm not legal now :classic_frown: found a bag of pecan nuts in a kitchen cupboard ate 6 halves wasn't even hungry grrrrr..... will have to reduce syns 2moro :classic_eek:

Edit

D burgers. 2syns 250g mashed spud . Runner beans.
cheese now part Hea.
roll 8 syns
fat free yogurt
1/2 can cider 4 syns

14 syns for the day. I am legal too .. just. 😎

Well done Doreen - at least one of us has stuck to the plan today!

Back