NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hope everyone's well and warmer than here - snow's mostly disappeared - the sun's shining but still cold brrrr... will do last exercise of the week later. House jobs need doing :(

I took Poppy to school and we'll will pick her up later. Not sure what to have for dinner cos Poppy's gone vegan and I (probably stupidly) told her I wdn't eat meat/fish/dairy etc when she's here - I'm defrosting a lamb shank in case she doesn't stay tonight ;) otherwise it'll be a vegetable something which wd be good for a pre WI day & after last night's nuts! It's Phil's Mum b'day today - she's 88 - we'll pop to see her before we pick Poppy up from school - we don't take her now as MiL is so frail & it'd be upsetting for Poppy.

B: bacon, egg and HEB bread
L: cauliflower and horseradish soup - recipe from he
D: lamb shank and veg and oatcake cheese HEA
Drinks: fruit teas, water

Last edited:
Only just stuck to it. Was going to take to bed with me a punnet of toms smothered in salad cream and cubes. I thought I am not hungry. Didn't have any of it. Don't know where that bit of strength came from 🤔.
I will be getting weighed Thursday as I said before, but I have been thinking. Will their scales give me 1lb less than my scales. They seem to vary at other classes. Oh well nothing I can do about it but try and be good.

Going to the library shortly to do some puzzle.

Hope everyone's well and warmer than here - snow's mostly disappeared - the sun's shining but still cold brrrr... will do last exercise of the week later. House jobs need doing :(

I took Poppy to school and we'll will pick her up later. Not sure what to have for dinner cos Poppy's gone vegan and I (probably stupidly) told her I wdn't eat meat/fish/dairy etc when she's here - I'm defrosting a lamb shank in case she doesn't stay tonight ;) otherwise it'll be a vegetable something which wd be good for a pre WI day & after last night's nuts! It's Phil's Mum b'day today - she's 88 - we'll pop to see her before we pick Poppy up from school - we don't take her now as MiL is so frail & wouldn't Poppy and it'd be upsetting for Poppy.

B: bacon, egg and HEB bread
L: cauliflower and horseradish soup - recipe from here :)
D: As above to include cheese HEA
Drinks: fruit teas, water, ???

It would be a shame if it upset Poppy.
It is like a spring day outside today. No big coat needed.

Cauliflower and horseradish soup sounds interesting. Was it nice?

My food for Monday

B. Scan bran heb. Muller. Egg and canderel. 1/2 syn

L. BNS and pepper soup. Lovely. In my portion today I put in some Mayflower curry powder. Very nice, quite spicy. 2 syns

D. 5% mince. Onion. Oxo cubes, Tom puree, tin carrots. With runner beans. Mashed spud about 250g. Milk from Hea.

Satsuma. Fruit tea.

Hoping that will be all. I have not felt hungry all day. Mind you that usually comes after dinner 😋

It's nice not to have the heating on. The house air feels fresh.:)

Oh dear vegan for one meal shouldn't be too hard for you. How old is Poppy?

We needed the heating here today :( Poppy's 12 - an avid animal lover hence veganism! You're right not difficult to make a vegan meal - Poppy regularly stays here so we have a lots of tasty vegan recipe ideas :banana_dancer:but Poppy didn't stay so I had the lamb & very nice it was too!

Last edited:
Only just stuck to it. Was going to take to bed with me a punnet of toms smothered in salad cream and cubes. I thought I am not hungry. Didn't have any of it. Don't know where that bit of strength came from 🤔.
I will be getting weighed Thursday as I said before, but I have been thinking. Will their scales give me 1lb less than my scales. They seem to vary at other classes. Oh well nothing I can do about it but try and be good.

Gold star for resisting your tomatoey snack! Hope the scales show a loss - will u take your scales away with u so you'll get an accurate loss? Some might think that's anal but after a week of strict dieting we deserve to see an accurate reading! Guess I'm anal eh??

I will take my scales so I can weigh before I go to class Thursday.

I enjoyed my dinner tonight. I had a starter of soup with a free curry powder, then had dinner about 20 mins ago.
Beautiful.

I am anal too x

My food for Monday

B. Scan bran heb. Muller. Egg and canderel. 1/2 syn

L. BNS and pepper soup. Lovely. In my portion today I put in some Mayflower curry powder. Very nice, quite spicy. 2 syns

D. 5% mince. Onion. Oxo cubes, Tom puree, tin carrots. With runner beans. Mashed spud about 250g. Milk from Hea.

Satsuma. Fruit tea.

Hoping that will be all. I have not felt hungry all day. Mind you that usually comes after dinner 😋[/QUOTE)

Wow a great day Doreen - love it when I'm not hungry - doesn't happen v often!

I will take my scales so I can weigh before I go to class Thursday.

I enjoyed my dinner tonight. I had a starter of soup with a free curry powder, then had dinner about 20 mins ago.
Beautiful.

I am anal too x
Good idea to take your scales - you'll get an accurate reading then! Glad u enjoyed your dinner - it sounds good - SW suits us well doesn't it?My bargain lamb shank was a frozen one from Aldi and v tasty too.

Last edited:
It would be a shame if it upset Poppy.
It is like a spring day outside today. No big coat needed.

Cauliflower and horseradish soup sounds interesting. Was it nice?

Yes she & her great grandmother are v fond of one another but as you know Alzheimer's is a terrible illness.

Your weather sounds lovely and yes the soup was tasty but I added more horseradish sauce than the recipe called for ti give it a kick.

Good idea to take your scales - you'll get an accurate reading then! Glad u enjoyed your dinner - it sounds good - SW suits us well doesn't it?My bargain lamb shank was a frozen one from Aldi and v tasty too.

I've heard their lamb shanks are good value. What do you think?

Well done to not given in. What about brushing your teeth early then you know you can't eat afterwards.:)

Just thought Doreen - I didn't look at yours & Kathy's recipe thread - silly me - as you know I've been a bit bored with my meals lately and spent ages finding ideas for the week's meals starting from 2moro - I'll use it to plan next week's grub ;)

Last edited:
I remember when lamb shanks were almost given away. Not anymore. I love lamb always had it at least once a week went I went to NZ. My son would get 4or 5 legs and put them in freezer. No Work near me. I do know I can get a cooked one in Lidl. May check that when I come home.

Went to the cafe today as there is a little tailors nearby and I have taken my jeans in to be turned up. Then popped to get hair cut. I had a wc. prom while there. Wondering if I ate too many good size satsumas. Need to keep an eye on that.

I finished my puzzle yesterday so popping down to start another. Buscapan first. The puzzle jam doing next is one of those where the pieces are different shapes. Could be interesting.

I had scan bran cake this morning. Not sure what t to have rest of the day. Feel a little delicate.

Enjoy the rest of the day xxx

Sorry to read that your tum's playing up - hope the Buscapan did the trick?

Mmmm... no meat's not cheap now is it?

A busy day there - hope you found another good puzzle - it's a good idea to keep us away from the cupboards!

Last edited:
Well Phil suggested we went to the pub for lunch - felt full all morning so didn't have any b'fast - then one of the girls from SW rang to see how I was as I haven't been for 3 weeks cos of Phil's Mum - she reminded me that I'd said I'd go for an afternoon tea with her today :O

So at 12.30 I had a child's portion of fish & chips and a diet Pepsi in the pub then at 3.30 the cream tea - luckily I didn't fancy any of the sarnies (cos I'm fussy!) I did enjoy the cake and scone though! Still feel full and we have soup if I need it.

Done my exercise for the day too.

Last edited:
Back