NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I had to laugh at the cheese @upndown at least you put some in not like @Mini and her ham.:)

Every time you feel like binging ask yourself if it's worth it. What do I want more to lose weight or spend more years yoyo'ing.:)

Yes I laughed at myself ;)

You're right - I do need to kick that bad habit - what pulled me up sharp last week was that I read on net that binge eating is a mental health problem:classic_err_what:

Thanks girls. I am going to be very low today, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Not sure about Tuesday so many nice things will be there and I will want to drink.

Speak tomorrow xx

I've been following slimlikeaman on Insta. He is a local Slimming World consultant. I look at his plate full of food and then look at mine. Think I need to double my portions up. ;)

Thanks girls. I am going to be very low today, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Not sure about Tuesday so many nice things will be there and I will want to drink.

Good luck Doreen - Tuesday will be a tough day - so I think you should do whatever you need to - to get thro it. xx

Speak tomorrow xx
I've been following slimlikeaman on Insta. He is a local Slimming World consultant. I look at his plate full of food and then look at mine. Think I need to double my portions up. ;)

Lucky man - they usually need more calories than us just to maintain their weight :classic_frown:

When I joined SW many moons ago and when I trained to run a class (to help me stick to my target weight - well that didn't work did it?)

I loved doing it but when my job changed and I had to travel more - I had to give up my class.

All thro the training - we were told to stress that when we were explaining the diet or helping struggling members - to stress that on SW - we should eat as much free food as we need to satisfy our appetites (ie: not to stuff ourselves for the sake of it.)

That message seems to be diluted these days - most members I know - say things like I love SW cos I can eat and much meat, bananas, potatoes etc as I like but I can't see how anyone can eat an unlimited amount of free food in the long term on top of the Healthy Extras and Syns and expect to lose weight. :classic_err_what:

EDITED: COS OF THE CHEESE HICCUP & CHANGE OF PLAN!

Been in the garden already - I love this time of year - lots to do - so it keeps me out of mischief :classic_roll_eyes: Phil's taking today off the bathroom - so will go out at some point - Phil's tired so we decided to stay in - poor thing.

B: omelette, cheese HEA & 5 syns, onion, pear and plum - well I only had a smallish piece of cheese in the fridge so cut a piece off and weighed it - it was 33g so thought I'd have it even if tho it was 3g over my HEA and I'd count 1 syn for it - then I chopped up the cheese & cooked it in the omelette - then I noticed that I'd cooked the wrong piece of cheese - which was bigger than the one I weighed - it tasted better for it :classic_tongue: no idea how many more syns tho - so I'll say 5 plus not have my HEB today :classic_frown: and hope that's enough to compensate!
L: veg soup
D: chilli & brown rice, SF jelly half syn and skyr
Snacks: Fibre One cake - choc brownie 4 syns but well worth it, satsuma, pear, plum - must have a good loss this week :classic_err_what:
Drinks: fruit teas, low cal hot choc - ss milk 2 syns
Total syns: 11.5

Exercise in the garden again - might do some exercise in the house later.
hi Hun the cheese part made me giggle such amazing will power cheese is so delish u have had a really nice food day today big hugs Hun extremely tired hope u have a good nights sleep xx

hi Hun the cheese part made me giggle such amazing will power cheese is so delish u have had a really nice food day today big hugs Hun extremely tired hope u have a good nights sleep xx

Thanks - hope you and Andre sleep well xx

Hope you enjoy your day :) xx

Edited:

Off to have a haircut shortly - then meeting someone I worked with for lunch - must be v careful ;)

Weather doesn't know what to do with itself - one minute sun's shining - next cloudy & windy & we've had a few spots of rain - hope it clears later - want to go for walk then get in the garden :classic_roll_eyes:

Hope your day goes to plan Doreen :classic_smile:

B: omelette with the right piece of cheese HEA (it did look very small compared to the one I had yesterday :classic_eek: ) 2 plums and a pear.
L: I will behave, I will behave, I will behave ...... hopefully a soup or salad or baked potato
Yep I was ok at lunch - baked pot, asked for small amount of cheese 6 syns and no dressing on salad
D: SW chicken curry with lots of veg, SF jelly half syn & sykr for a change! Didn't fancy the curry or the skyr and felt full so had fruit salad and low cal drink choc 2 syns
Snacks: fruit
Drinks: fruit teas, water, coffee with small amount of milk 2 syns

HEA - no HEB
10.5 syns - higher than I wanted but chose the lowest syn thing on the menu

Had a walk for about 45 mins

Last edited:
Looking good. I hope you got your walk. Our weather was similar to yours but we had little rain last night. A cloudy/sunny day for tomorrow. That's good. Funerals are bad enough without rain too.

Nik picking me up in the morning.

Breakfast. Mushroom scrambled eggs. Cheese 2 syns.

Lunch. Frozen berries, 0% Greek yogurt and 5 scan bran.

Dinner. 2 pork loin chops and pkt rice 2 syns

Can cider 8 syns.

12 syns total.

A very light day there Doreen - great willpower!

I'll be thinking of you at the funeral. Take care. x

I was chuffed with my lunch - baked potato & asked for a small amount of cheese with a salad - no dressing (it being pre WI day ;) but it was giant spud so I didn't eat it all - it wasn't difficult tbh cos we were chatting away!

I was chuffed with my lunch - baked potato & asked for a small amount of cheese with a salad - no dressing (it being pre WI day ;) but it was giant spud so I didn't eat it all - it wasn't difficult tbh cos we were chatting away!
What time do u weigh in Hun hope it's a nice number on the scales for u jacket potatoe sounds nice x

Thanks - weigh in's 11.00 am - really hoping I get a good loss :classic_wink:

I feel that a week of dieting's more like a month sometimes - so I need a reward when I step on those scales x :classic_wink:

Thinking of Doreen at the funeral today.

I lost 1.5lbs - bit disappointed as I expected more but at least but if I carry on I know it'll come off.

B: 2 SW bars HEB
Late lunch: went for an afternoon tea with other SW class members - millions of syns I expect ;)
D: bacon and cheese bap HEA and 6 syns
Then all sorts of rubbish :(

30 mins aerobic - exercise dvd

Last edited:
Thinking of Doreen at the funeral today.

I lost 1.5lbs - bit disappointed as I expected more but at least but if I carry on I know it'll come off.

B: 2 SW bars HEB
Late lunch: went for an afternoon tea with other SW class members - millions of syns I expect ;)
D: bacon and cheese bap HEA and 6 syns

30 mins aerobic - exercise dvd
Well done that's great Hun x

Thanks x

So good Linda. I know we never seem to get what we want do we. You would probably say to me a loss is a loss. 🤔. Good anyway

The funeral went well. We were lucky to have really good weather. Brought up some bad memories but I will get over that.
The funny thing is I still cannot feel that Brenda is no longer with us. Unfortunately I have come home remembering 8 years of bad relations with one of the family. I will get through that although it will never go away.

Anyway, the good stuff.
Food was fantastic. Lots of homemade lasagne, buautiful, of course not SW 😊
Lots of biscuits to go with cheese, I only had a small piece of cheese, but lots of biscuits and some cake.
To top it off I had 6 halves of cider. Thought it would seem more that way.
Of course I never tried to syn anything.
Got a lift home from my nephew Simon.

Possible today !!

L. Grapes.
S. Muller which I have put rice in.
D. 2 chicken thighs, cabbage and broccoli. Swede and carrot mash. Gravy 3 syns.

I would love a can of cider 🙄. But I don't think I will. I would have to go to the shop and that will probably stop me.
Frightened I may buy some bad stuff too. 😀

Back