NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Sorry to read that the funeral affected you like that - divisions in the family are difficult to deal with and in my experience when the rift is healed - the relationship's not quite the same ever again.

I think it does take time to come to terms that someone's passed away esp when it's sudden - I think over time we accept it - sad as it is.

Your food today's very low - brilliant compensation for yesterday's feat which sounds lovely! xx

Well I had a bad day yesterday too - with all my good intentions - I ended up having a binge - so mad with myself - I feel rubbish today - serves me right! So like you I'm having a low day - don't feel like eating (no wonder!) so not difficult to do so far.

B: light hifi bar 3 syns or half HEB - fruit tea
L: light hifi bar 3 syns or half HEB - fruit tea
D: crumpet with peanut butter and a banana - fruit tea
No snacks!

Not brilliant but miles better than yesterday and lower than my usual on plan days!

Last edited:
It is good if we can put a low day in after binging. Hope you manage it ok.

Going to see brother Albert tomorrow. He was unable to go yesterday and wants to know how it went.

Let's hope we both have a good day - kind of you to go to see Albert - he was probably with you all in spirit yesterday.

So good Linda. I know we never seem to get what we want do we. You would probably say to me a loss is a loss. 🤔. Good anyway

Hee Hee - yes I would say exactly that to you! Not helped myself for next week with last night's eating :O Off to bed now - feeling tired and not too good - I'm happy with my food today but need to stop bingeing!

Hope your day's gone to plan?

Last edited:
Hope you had a good time with your brother Doreen?

Well I feel rough again today - my sinuses are playing up! Doesn't stop me wanting to eat though :classic_roll_eyes: but won't be doing any exercise till I feel better :classic_oops: hope that doesn't affect my weight loss.

B: 2 egg mushroom omelette, brown sauce 2 syns with chives that I grew - so they tasted better :classic_confused: and a plum, apple
L: veg soup, vanilla skyr from Asda- free and lovely!
D: SW chicken curry, smallish portion of rice ;) SF jelly half syn
Snacks: banana, pear, 2 party ring biscuits 3 syns - not worth it but I fancied something sweet - those 3 syn hifi bars are better but much more expensive!
Drinks: low cal drink choc 2 syns, fruit teas, water
TOTAL SYNS: 7.5

8.00pm - lowish syns so far - Id like to have kept them lower - but I'll be pleased if I can keep it like that - got to 'pay' for my horrendous Tuesday!

Last edited:
I woke up this morning with my sinuses playing up. They didn't feel right last night so I'm guessing it's the weather plus dust from litter picking yesterday.:classic_err_what:

Your food looks good for today.:classic_smile:

Hope all's well with you Doreen?

Last edited:
I woke up this morning with my sinuses playing up. They didn't feel right last night so I'm guessing it's the weather plus dust from litter picking yesterday.:classic_err_what:

Your food looks good for today.:classic_smile:

Hope your sinuses clear soon.

Yes my hubby thought it could be caused by the dust from 'you know which room' here!

I'm really trying this week :classic_roll_eyes:

EDITED AFTER MAIN MEAL!

Hope your WI goes well Doreen!

Right it's Friday - feeling better than I was - I'm meeting a friend at 6 today for a meal - don't like to cancel. So need a careful day. I should find a better way of meeting friends but they all fancy a meal or at least a coffee and a cake and they know all the cheap but good places so I don't resist - now the weather's improving most of them will come for a walk.

B: mushroom omelette, 1 rasher lean bacon, brown sauce 1.5 syns pear & satsuma
L: forgot I was going out and took a butcher's lean beef burger (lovely & cheap too!) out of the freezer last night - don't want to waste it - so I'll have it with salad and a yummy Asda vinaigrette salad dressing I 'won' from SW raffle it's less than half a syn for 3 tsps.
D: I had grilled gammon steak without the yummy stuff as on the menu and asked for a salad with no dressing and used the Asda dressing I took with me in a small bottle and somehow sneakily put it on :classic_roll_eyes: half a syn. Had pavlova/fresh fruit without the cream for pud.
Drinks: fruit teas, water, 1 coffee part HEA, 2 diet cokes

There could well have been hidden syns in the pub food so kept other syns low today and no HEB and part HEA - hope that means today was on plan.

SYNS: 2.5 plus any for the meal out

Last edited:
The funeral went well. We were lucky to have really good weather. Brought up some bad memories but I will get over that.
The funny thing is I still cannot feel that Brenda is no longer with us. Unfortunately I have come home remembering 8 years of bad relations with one of the family. I will get through that although it will never go away.

Anyway, the good stuff.
Food was fantastic. Lots of homemade lasagne, buautiful, of course not SW 😊
Lots of biscuits to go with cheese, I only had a small piece of cheese, but lots of biscuits and some cake.
To top it off I had 6 halves of cider. Thought it would seem more that way.
Of course I never tried to syn anything.
Got a lift home from my nephew Simon.

Possible today !!

L. Grapes.
S. Muller which I have put rice in.
D. 2 chicken thighs, cabbage and broccoli. Swede and carrot mash. Gravy 3 syns.

I would love a can of cider 🙄. But I don't think I will. I would have to go to the shop and that will probably stop me.
Frightened I may buy some bad stuff too. 😀
Hi luv am sorry to hear how ur feeling Hun it is so hard loosing someone praying for strength for u at this sad time x

I am very pleased I lost 3.1/2lb this week. Now need 4lbs to get the rest off.

Got a party tomorrow . I am going to drive so I will not drink !!

Food later

Right it's Friday - feeling better than I was - I'm meeting a friend at 6 today for a meal - don't like to cancel. So need a careful day. I should find a better way of meeting friends but they all fancy a meal or at least a coffee and a cake and they know all the cheap but good places so I don't resist - now the weather's improving most of them will come for a walk.

B: mushroom omelette, 1 rasher lean bacon, brown sauce 1.5 syns Pear & satsuma
L: forgot I was going out and took a butcher's lean beef burger (lovely & cheap too!) out of the freezer last night - don't want to waste it - so I'll have it with salad and a yummy Asda vinaigrette salad dressing I 'won' from SW raffle it's less than half a syn for 3 tsps.
D: looked at the menu online - I'll have the gammon steak (it might be cooked in oil) without the yummy stuff and ask for a salad and take the Asda dressing in a small bottle and somehow sneakily put it on :classic_roll_eyes:half a syn.

Like me - my friend loves puds - I'll feel mean if I don't have one cos she won't have one then & she's not dieting - saw a pavlova/fresh fruit served with cream on the menu - so I phoned to check if the cream was part of the pavlova - it's not so won't have it - I'll miss the it but I'd prefer a loss! I'll have to think of that saying " a moment on the lips - forever on the hips!"

I'll try not to have more food or syns today in case there's hidden syns in the pub food - they might put syns in the pavlova but it's only a home made meringue! xx

SYNS: 2 plus the gammon if it's cooked in oil & the pavlova - I'm driving so won't drink!

Funny

B: mushroom omelette, 1 rasher lean bacon, brown sauce 1.5 syns Pear & satsuma
D: looked at the menu online - I'll have the gammon steak (it might be cooked in oil) without the yummy stuff and ask for a salad and take the Asda dressing in a small bottle and somehow sneakily put it on :classic_roll_eyes:half a syn.

Like me - my friend loves puds - I'll feel mean if I don't have one cos she won't have one then & she's not dieting - saw a pavlova/fresh fruit served with cream on the menu - so I phoned to check if the cream was part of the pavlova - it's not so won't have it - I'll miss the it but I'd prefer a loss! I'll have to think of that saying " a moment on the lips - forever on the hips!"

I'll try not to have more food or syns today in case there's hidden syns in the pub food - they might put syns in the pavlova but it's only a home made meringue! xx

SYNS: 2 plus the gammon if it's cooked in oil & the pavlova - I'm driving so won't drink!

Funny I said about drinking and driving on my last post.
Well done for ringing. Good you are not having cream 🙄.. Be careful though sometimes there is cream under the fruit.
You might be able to ask them not to use oil. You can only try.

Your burger sounds good. I cooked some SW chips etc yesterday the found there was a small amount of mince in f ridge that needed using.
I flattened it out with salt and put it on tray with chips. I was surprised how nice it was. It was well done!

Food for Friday

B. 3eggs scrambled with mushrooms. 10g parmesan 2 syns
L. Coffee
D. 2 chicken thighs, mash spud with carrots.

Later. Can cider 9.1/2 syns

Total 11.1/2 syns.
Ok for weigh in day

Small toms with the of mayo. 1 syn
scan bran cake heb.
only up to 12.1/2 syns. I was hungry!!

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you. I met a friend on Facebook who I have not seen for 55years.
We had tried to meet up but things got in the way.
Yesterday whilst I was in Harlow she phoned and said she was local to me in a garden centre and could we meet up.
I was visiting my brother but excused myself and left. Met Maureen at my café.
It was so !lovely. She knows most of my family from years ago and of course mutual friends.
We were talking for about four hours including cake and coffee.

It was so lovely to meet after all these years. We are going to do it again in about two weeks.

Back