NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I forgot to tell you. I met a friend on Facebook who I have not seen for 55years.
We had tried to meet up but things got in the way.
Yesterday whilst I was in Harlow she phoned and said she was local to me in a garden centre and could we meet up.
I was visiting my brother but excused myself and left. Met Maureen at my café.
It was so !lovely. She knows most of my family from years ago and of course mutual friends.
We were talking for about four hours including cake and coffee.

It was so lovely to meet after all these years. We are going to do it again in about two weeks.
Funny

Ooh lovely to see all your new posts! How lovely to meet your friend & even better than you got on so well & you're meeting up again - doesn't life bring nice surprises sometimes - so nice to read that esp after the funeral - nothing like a good natter about the good times eh? Lovely you're meeting up again!

Funny I said about drinking and driving on my last post.
Well done for ringing. Good you are not having cream 🙄.. Be careful though sometimes there is cream under the fruit.
You might be able to ask them not to use oil. You can only try.

Your burger sounds good. I cooked some SW chips etc yesterday the found there was a small amount of mince in f ridge that needed using.
I flattened it out with salt and put it on tray with chips. I was surprised how nice it was. It was well done!

Yes drinking's the only way to not drink eh? I'm really hoping for a good loss this week - so I rang to make sure I chose the best SW friendly food I could! Luckily no hidden cream and it was meringue/fruit was so lovely that I didn't miss the cream altho I wd have enjoyed it!!

Your chips/mince sounds tasty - must try that - I love mince and easy to cook meals :classic_tongue:

I am very pleased I lost 3.1/2lb this week. Now need 4lbs to get the rest off.

Got a party tomorrow . I am going to drive so I will not drink !!

Ooh a party - yes - driving's a good way to reduce the syns - although I was tempted to have one drink but resisted ;)

Food for Friday

B. 3eggs scrambled with mushrooms. 10g parmesan 2 syns
L. Coffee
D. 2 chicken thighs, mash spud with carrots.

Later. Can cider 9.1/2 syns

Total 11.1/2 syns.
Ok for weigh in day

I'd say that's excellent for a WI day - I need to copy you!!

Brilliant day Hun can I ask pls do u have the thighs with the skin of x

I do take the skin off 99% of the time. I usually put them in a casserole lid. Yes lid. When cooked I tip any liquid off, put a little cabbage or spud water on it whilst hot, then I add 2/3 Tsps chicken granules and stir. It does thicken up in the hot lid. Just enough for one. Worth 2/3 syns.

I updated my food a little this morning for yesterday.

Not sure about today. I am just going to make a couple of corned beef and onion pies for the party.

I will eat before I go ,.......No not the pies!.....I would like not to eat too much there.

Gonna take some diet drinks with me. Catch up later xx

I can't remember saying well done with your loss - so Well Done Doreen!!

Hope you have a lovely time at the party - those pies sound lovely - I know I wouldn't be able to resist them!

I like chicken thighs too - tastiest part of the chicken I think and we can do lots with them!

Last edited:
Hope Doreen's having a good time!

Lovely weather but rain forecast tonight here :classic_err_what:

Went for a walk today along the coast for about an hour then was supposed to have lunch with a friend but I wasn't hungry - not like me at all - so just had a fruit tea (a very nice one!) of course I had lunch later on!

B: 1 egg omelette, apple and a pear
Late lunch: mini corn on the cob, 30g cheese, 1 crumpet 5 syns, peanut butter 4 syns - bit naughty but that's what I fancied!
D: bacon, 1 egg omelette, SF jelly with sweetened quark - not that hungry again :classic_eek:
Perhaps a bit more fruit if I need more.
Drinks: lots of fruit teas

Last edited:
Lovely weather but rain forecast tonight here :classic_err_what:

Went for a walk today along the coast for about an hour then was supposed to have lunch with a friend but I wasn't hungry - not like me at all - so just had a fruit tea (a very nice one!) of course I had lunch later on!

B: 1 egg omelette, apple and a pear
Late lunch: mini corn on the cob, 30g cheese, 1 crumpet 5 syns, peanut butter 4 syns - bit naughty but that's what I fancied!
D: bacon, 1 egg omelette, SF jelly with sweetened quark - not that hungry again :classic_eek:
Perhaps a bit more fruit if I need more.
Drinks: lots of fruit teas
What a nice yumi food day sweetened quark sounds nice I love crumpets with banana and syrup hope u have had a nice day xx

Thanks - I like quark and it fills me but I could eat a crumpet with banana and syrup right now! x

Thanks - I like quark and it fills me but I could eat a crumpet with banana and syrup right now! x
Oops sorry to mention crumpet with banana lol I was meant to get some for the banana chips I went Tesco spent 29 pound so dear I think am of to Aldi Tuesday we're do u find is better for are money xx

Yes I need to learn the difference between fancying something and being genuinely hungry! That said I've behaved today!

That is hard for all of us eh?

I enjoyed the party. No alcohol just diet drinks and coffee.

BUT I had a slice of my pie .. best I have made. The guys were pleased, they always finish them off.
I did have birthday cake. I had some chicken things like nuggets. Also a bread roll, I put egg slices in ____and butter.
The last thing was a jacket spud which I also put butter.

Am home now as I have night driving. Maybe a coffee but I feel full so nothing else.

Oh! Before I went I had brunch. 2 burgers and basmati rice. 2.1/2 syns

Sounds like a lovely evening Doreen - I'm impressed with you choices and synning the day - hope you have a good day today!

Last edited:
Happy Sunday all!

It was a bit dull/cloudy here today and windy but by 3pm the sun came out :classic_eek:

I dug over part of a border and sowed some veg and salad seeds, will do some exercise too.

BRUNCH: 1 egg omelette, 2 rasher lean bacon, mushrooms, brown sauce 2 syns? SF jelly half syn & sweetened quark
D: beef casserole with lots of speed veg, SF jelly half syn & sweetened quark - for a change :classic_wink:
Drinks: fruit teas, maybe a coffee & drink choc 2 syns

SYNS: 5 syns

I'll try not to have HEA or HEB or any more syns to make up for last Tuesday's binge and WI day's coming up fast!

Last edited:
This was a planning post for my WI day - edited and reposted it now!

Last edited:
Good for you. We can only try can't we.

The annoying thing is that you have been at target and now struggling. It took years for me to get this far only to mess up again.

You make me laugh. "I can't eat the whole cake can I". Yes you could 🤔 but hopefully you won't. 🙄.
I am too frightened to make something unless I can convert got one.

Good luck xxxxx

Is the cake freezable?

You dug over part of a border and sowed some veg and salad seeds and you call that a lazy day.:oops:

No harm in shaking things up a bit.:)

Good for you. We can only try can't we.

The annoying thing is that you have been at target and now struggling. It took years for me to get this far only to mess up again.

You make me laugh. "I can't eat the whole cake can I". Yes you could 🤔 but hopefully you won't. 🙄.
I am too frightened to make something unless I can convert got one.

Good luck xxxxx

Thanks - yes I'm a bit bothered about the cake now but determined to stick to my plan! x

Is the cake freezable?

You dug over part of a border and sowed some veg and salad seeds and you call that a lazy day.:oops:

No harm in shaking things up a bit.:)

Yes I think the cake would freeze - without the quark topping - that's a good idea thank you - I'll do that and cut it up into low/manageable portions!!

Hee Hee about the gardening - I suppose it'a labour of love & I didn't spend long in the garden that day!

Would you believe the salad seeds and runner beans have started to grow already - they're on a windowsill in the house just to start them off but even so - I love growing veg! I'll start sowing outside now the weather's warming up.

Salad leaves are so expensive in the shops and so simple to grow in the ground or in pots- I don't let them grow into lettuces just cut them as leaves think I bought 2 packets of seeds last summer for about 40p each from Lidl and they lasted all summer and still have some seeds left!

How are you doing - you don't seem to have posted much in the last few days - I expect you're busy.

Last edited:
Oops sorry to mention crumpet with banana lol I was meant to get some for the banana chips I went Tesco spent 29 pound so dear I think am of to Aldi Tuesday we're do u find is better for are money xx

Just noticed this post sorry - I think Tesco's expensive too - I do my weekly shop at Aldi - I like Lidl too but the local one's not very big - those shops don't have everything I need - so about once a month I go to Morrison's or Asda - when I go to Tesco I'm always surprised at the bill! I find Home Bargains is cheap too but I usually buy things we don't need so end up spending more :classic_wink: xx

Just noticed this post sorry - I think Tesco's expensive too - I do my weekly shop at Aldi - I like Lidl too but the local one's not very big - those shops don't have everything I need - so about once a month I go to Morrison's or Asda - when I go to Tesco I'm always surprised at the bill! I find Home Bargains is cheap too but I usually buy things we don't need so end up spending more :classic_wink: xx

Ditto x

Back