NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hee Hee - I am quite a busy person but we must be telepathic cos I've been mega busy today and only had my main meal a few mins ago but changed it to a hard boiled egg and some salad leaves from the garden with Asda's loving light salad dressing 2 syns I think - will check in the morning.

Poppy stayed overnight so we took her to school - then took car for a service - did some food shopping - loads of boring housework and washing - ironing - then picked up the car.

I met Poppy after school cos I said I'd take her shopping (not Phil's thing!) and treated her to a few clothes - just from Primark - didn't spend much but she was really pleased with her choices! She's a tiny build but lately she's had a growth spurt so grown out of most of her clothes - she's almost as tall as me now - I'm only 5' 2 but she's only 12 - glad she's likely to be taller than me!

Came home - Phil had made the meal but I wasn't hungry then so had the snack above later - after doing gardening jobs - this weather is great for the veg/salad/fruits! Came on here to wind down - it's worked so off to bed now!

Think my body's adjusting to the diet now - fingers crossed that carries on!

Last edited:
You were busy.:)

I hate shopping. I need some news clothes but just can't bring myself to go. I do order online sometimes but I like to see it.
Weather looks good for this weekend so you will be able to keep busy in the garden.:)

You were busy.:)

I hate shopping. I need some news clothes but just can't bring myself to go. I do order online sometimes but I like to see it.
Weather looks good for this weekend so you will be able to keep busy in the garden.:)

I need some new summer clothes too but like you I'm avoiding that job! Know what you mean about online shopping too - it's great when you like the stuff but a pain when we dont' - those pics online can be deceiving sometimes!

Yes did some garden stuff but I'm still not feeling right so not not done much else other than housework - I've been feeling really tired lately and felt I was going to faint several times this week and it's taken several minutes for that feeling to go away - today each time it happened I had a hot flush too - so I looked it up on the web and found out that it can be menopausal - a nuisance but glad I know now!

No Doreen again - hope she's ok - never known her to not post how she did on WI day.

I'm thankful that I have gone through the menopause. :)

By the time I get clothes Summer will be over. 32 school working days left then a week of 30 hours and then it will be Summer holiday for me.So I will be in shorts and t shirts then so do I need new clothes.:classic_err_what:

Hope @Nanny Doreen is alright.

Oooh bet you're looking forward to your summer break! From what you're saying there - think it's a no for buying summer clothes - if you run short (no pun intended!) you could always buy an outfit or 2 :)

Did I say b4 - I've had an easy time with the menopause - know lots of women have much worse but had this feeling faint thing all day Sunday and yesterday but on the up side I felt full of beans & I didn't get into bed on Sunday night - don't know what that was all about - I don't usually have probs sleeping!

I ended up doing all sorts of jobs - sorted all of my clothes/shoes/accessories - it took hours - filled a few bags for the charity shop - wardrobe/drawers all organised (for how long?) I've been putting it off for ages & I've got a short list of things buy online.

Had a very early night yest so didn't come on here. Days went ok foodwise - from memory - here's Monday:

B: bacon on toast HEB ketchup 1 syn, fruit salad
L: cheese HEA on toast 6 syns, salad, dressing 1 syn
D: ate at 4pm - was hungry/tired 1 sausage 3 syns & a big herby salad from the garden, salad dressing 1 syn
Usual drinks

Total syns: 12 syns - on plan but high syns but just ate what I fancied

Today's plan:

Did I say I've decided to clear a drawer or cupboard a day - need to get rid of things that we'll never use again and tons of books!

Brunch: omelette, mushrooms, big salad, dressing, 1 syn, berries and yog
D: chicken wrapped in bacon with more salad, dressing 1 syn, low syn pud?
Drinks: fruit teas - have a new weird flavour - loving it - rhubarb and custard! 1 coffee with almond milk 1 syn? diet drinks, water

I do want to buy some new clothes but as I live in shorts and t shirts during Summer I don't know if I want to waste the money.:classic_roll_eyes:
I do have clothes in the wardrobe I haven't worn and they are at least 2 or 3 years old. I always seem to put on what I've just washed and packed away on top.

I think I may start rotating clothes. So when I pack it away it goes to the bottom of the pile.:classic_smile:

What no sleep Sunday night.:classic_eek:

Good idea to switch your clothes around - I do the same
I do want to buy some new clothes but as I live in shorts and t shirts during Summer I don't know if I want to waste the money.:classic_roll_eyes:
I do have clothes in the wardrobe I haven't worn and they are at least 2 or 3 years old. I always seem to put on what I've just washed and packed away on top.

I think I may start rotating clothes. So when I pack it away it goes to the bottom of the pile.:classic_smile:

Good idea to rotate your clothes - I often grab the same things too but hoping ring the changes now I've had a clearout - pity not to wear your new stuff!

I've also put my house/everyday clothes in wardrobe in the spare room and kept the rest in our bedroom - so more room to see/choose stuff - it's early days but hope it works - it's ages since I had a clearout - I'll try to do it as soon as it gets messy or too full in future! I took 4 carrier bags to the charity shop today!

Not a wink of sleep on Sunday night - didn't even get into bed - weird! I was feeling tired on Monday around 7pm so had a very early night and slept through.

I had a good day today foodwise up to about 4pm - I was out with Poppy (granddaughter) and she wanted a snack - restricted choice as she's vegan - so she chose KFC - so I had a medium serving of chips - of course then when we got home it didn't stop there WHY? WHY? OH WHY?

Clean slate 2moro - Phil's booked a plane so we should have a nice day out & I'm determined to stick to the plan!

Another rubbish day for me - I need to go in the Dunce's corner - will try harder in the morning!

I need to be more selective about my food for sure! Will be trying hard to be on plan today - Phil wants to go to the flying club - too windy to fly but he can't stay away ;) my problem is we'll have lunch there - the homemade cakes are amazing but they have lovely salads too - I'll be on the green stuff :classic_smile:

B: Omelette, orange
L: ? but on plan
D: beef and veg, ff yog and fruit
Usual drinks

From 15 June: 1 day on plan

Been out all day - for lunch, a good walk in the country and working on MiL's garden - plenty of exercise

Skipped b'fast cos I wasn't hungry
L: baked potato and cheese - probably more than a HEA so say 4 syns
D: veg soup and an apple
Drinks: 1 coffee 2 syns, water, diet drink

Hopefully nothing/much more - will allow myself speed fruit and/or low syn food

Last edited:
Hee Hee - you have faith that my good days will grow!

Hee Hee - no I haven't run away - my MiL has been very poorly and died last week - think you know she's been seriously ill for a long time - she was 88 and must have had a strong constitution but she's at peace now.

As you'll know it's a busy and sad time - I'll pop in when I can.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Dieting and here will be the last thing on your mind now.

Like you say she is at peace now and was a good age. Nothing worse then seeing a love one suffer.:classic_frown:

Back