NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Mmm. Colds are a pain. Always make me tired. Having a problem with sugars. New pills not doing as they should and diabetic nurse on hols. Trouble is that makes me tired too.

I did cut the grass today so that is more exercise than I usually do.
We have been really lucky with the weather. The little rain we have had has been overnight.

Hey, let us know if you you are able to resist chippy chips. I don't know that I could.

Good luck x

That's a nuisance with your sugars - can't anyone else advise or will you have to wait until the nurse is back at work?

You did well to cut the grass when you're feeling tired - that will have burnt lots of calories off - Phil doesn't trust me with the mower - he says I'll cut my toes off!

Phil's just eaten his fish and chips - I resisted cos if I have one I'll want the lot! It's strange that I haven't been hungry today (yet!)

I've been telling myself I need to get back on plan and must only have a main course when we're out 2moro and Monday!

Phil also bought me a small bar of choc - I've eaten half of it and told him to either eat the rest or hide it - luckily he's 'hidden' it in his mouth!

My clothes are feeling tighter after our break :classic_roll_eyes: so must shift off that gain quickly! xx

Last edited:
Don't mention chippy chips. I can smell them now and they are very tempting.:classic_err_what: It's ok I've just eaten so won't be running down the road for any.:classic_smile:

Well done on the 1lb off @Nanny Doreen and sorry to read you have a cold after your days away @upndown :classic_smile:

I won't mention the chips then ;) yes Doreen's done well to lose that pound!

Last edited:
Hope everyone's days have gone to plan? Mine hasn't been too shabby - dinner plan changed to more cheese on toast cos I felt too hot/lazy to cook but resisted Phil's chippy meal - not even one chip passed my lips - had 6 syns worth of choc (half of a bar that Phil bought for me - he's eaten the rest now ;) )

Head cold is clearing - need go get back into exercise soon. xx

You are so good not even having one chip. :)
Since OH has been ill I haven't had too 'cook' and I've enjoyed it. But I must get back to it now. :classic_roll_eyes:

Good to read your head cold is clearing @upndown and Yes to doing some exercising.:classic_big_grin:

Hiya. The tablets need to be sorted with somebody who really knows.
Gonna pop to docs in the morning and put some pressure on.

It didn't take long to cut the grass. It is a bit tough as it was too long really. Will probably go over it again tomorrow.
Gonna pop out in a mo and dead head the roses and maybe a handful of weedy bits.
Not done much else but have made a new rule ............ Not to wait till there is a pile of stuff to take upstairs, but to go up and down more often.

Glad your food is feeling a bit better Linda.

Right, food for today

B. Spaghetti hoops. 2 fried eggs.

L. Fruit is banana, grapes and apricots. That won't help sugars.

D. 3 sausages, fried onions and peppers, mashed spud. 3syns.

No cider tonight, all gone.

You are so good not even having one chip. :)
Since OH has been ill I haven't had too 'cook' and I've enjoyed it. But I must get back to it now. :classic_roll_eyes:

Good to read your head cold is clearing @upndown and Yes to doing some exercising.:classic_big_grin:

Thanks - I did ok with the chip but not so well today - youngest son came over from Manchester with Phil's b'day gift for 2moro - so we went out for lunch - I was very good - grilled salmon with salad with balsamic vinegar and a bacardi and diet coke so that was ok but came home and started picking with bits of things and slices of toast/butter :classic_confused:

Out again for the day 2moro - it's a surprise for Phil - I've booked a meal in a pub where we lived when we were first married (1973) will try to eat sensibly - then get back on plan on Tuesday!

He didn't want a party, no fuss not even a family get together - although we saw our eldest son and his family last week, youngest today and the middle one & his family are coming here 2moro.

Last edited:
Hiya. The tablets need to be sorted with somebody who really knows.
Gonna pop to docs in the morning and put some pressure on.

It didn't take long to cut the grass. It is a bit tough as it was too long really. Will probably go over it again tomorrow.
Gonna pop out in a mo and dead head the roses and maybe a handful of weedy bits.
Not done much else but have made a new rule ............ Not to wait till there is a pile of stuff to take upstairs, but to go up and down more often.

Glad your food is feeling a bit better Linda.

Right, food for today

B. Spaghetti hoops. 2 fried eggs.

L. Fruit is banana, grapes and apricots. That won't help sugars.

D. 3 sausages, fried onions and peppers, mashed spud. 3syns.

No cider tonight, all gone.

Hope the Doc sorts out your tablets swiftly Doreen - a good day again - even though the fruit won't suit your diabetes & no cider in stock :(

Sounds like you've been busy in the garden - do you enjoy it I wonder? I feel that even 10 mins doing something in the garden makes a difference. After our short break lots of things seem to have overgrown as weather was warm & there were a few rain showers here apparently - so I need to tidy it all up - I'll do it a bit at a time ;) The first lot of salad leaves are ready to eat now they're tasty and a few sowing for the price of a pack of seeds should keep us going till the autumn & will help me to keep on track :)

Hope everyone's ok and behaving? :classic_smile:

Well another lovely day - blue skies & sunny - we went out for lunch as it's Phil's 65 th b'day today - wahey he'll get his state pension now!

B: 1 slice toast and butter
L: fish and chips followed by a choc brownie/ice cream ooh and a bacardi and diet coke (oops - I had planned to behave :(

Feeling stuffed now so if I need anything I made a tomato and basil soup yesterday so will have that.

Phil and I have decided we're going to eat healthily from 2moro until the start of the school summer hols - 23 July - so 7 weeks - should be able to shift some blubber by then!

I was just thinking about how quiet this site is these days - I wonder why - it was so busy at one time and Foodfighters went the same way - a pity but hopefully we'll keep plodding along :classic_smile:

I'm going to have a very good on plan day today - feeling positive - it won't be easy but I need to get back to basics - so here's the plan:

B: boiled egg - not hungry after yesterday
L: tomato and basil soup
D: not sure maybe chicken wrapped in bacon and salad and veg and fruit
Snacks: only if I need them & then they will be limited, 'free' and healthy

I'm meeting a friend for coffee later - she has a lot on an feeling a bit low but before that I need to do some housework :(

The forum can only be as busy as the members make it and if members are only going to post now and again then it will just die. I didn't join Foodfighters so can't comment on why that has gone dead.I can't contribute much as I don't do any named diet.

I think FB groups have replaced forums.:)

Hope you got your housework done.

I done day 2 of C25K today and my legs are feeling it. Shows how unfit I have got.:classic_err_what:

Start a daily chat thread and see if they takes off.:classic_smile:

Yes you're right about FB - I'm happy with the few people on here that I chat with - just wondered why the numbers have gone down really.

Didn't get much house stuff done at all :O Phil's jetwashed the flags in the back and generally tidying things up - I have to keep an eye on him around the plants etc cos he's not really interested in anything that grows - he wouldn't do anything on purpose of course but when he starts with the shears or clippers he sometimes gets carried away ;)

No b'fast cos I wasn't hungry then ended up having a naughty lunch with a friend - sausage on french bread with salad - just a diet drink tho - stuffed for now - won't go mad with dinner. Tomorrow will be on plan (I hope)

Hope Doreen's ok? xx

Last edited:
EDITED:

Well another lovely day - took Poppy to school - did a food shop - having chosen on plan meals for the week - poured salt on the weeds on the paths and paving - cheap and eco friendly - need to do housework but ...

... I'll be working (or shd that be playing?) in the garden :classic_smile:

Getting my head back into a dieting frame of mind now - here's today's plan:

B: banana and a fruit tea (wasn't hungry)

L: mushroom omelette with HEA cheese and mixed salad from the garden - first one this year! Mullerlight 'Goodies' Toffee cheesecake yogurt 2.5 syns - first time I tried it - nice but not wonderful - wish Mullers weren't so runny!

D: bacon and a big salad, low cal salad dressing 1.5 syns and Liberte 0% fat mango yogurt 1.5 syns

Drinks: low cal drinking choc 2 syns, water, fruit teas, perhaps coffee/s with almond milk - 1 Syn

Snacks: felt hungry late afteroon onwards - even after my main meal - so had satsuma & 2 more Mullerlights 5 syns,

Hopefully that'll be it!

TOTAL SYNS: 13.5 :O much higher than when I'm on plan usually but I'll put it down to it being the first day and my tum's missing what it's had for a few weeks!

No exercise either - will start 2moro I hope!

Last edited:
EDITED:

Hope you're smiling on the scales again 2moro!

I've been feeling hungry since mid morning - hoping this will ease off soon ;)

Lovely weather again - everything's growing well in the garden too. Nothing special happening here today - so I'll just enjoy the weather!

B: 2 egg omelette, mushrooms, apple and a banana
L: veg soup with a bit of each veg I had in! HEB bread with peanut butter - syns? will guesstimate at 6 syns?? fat free mango yogurt 1.5 syns
D: Veg curry with 2 Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausages free and rice. Muller Toffee Cheesecake yog 2.5 syns

TOTAL: 10 syns

If I'm genuinely hungry I'll have more veg soup, or limited free/speed foods.

Last edited:
Two good days there.:)

EDITED:

Thanks I'm pleased but wish I didn't feel so hungry esp cos I'm eating pretty well for someone my size - I'm hoping I'll adjust back into SW soon!

Wonder how Doreen got on at the scales this morning?

Today's plan:

B: Part HEB 1 slice bread toasted with peanut butter 5 syns

I don't like having HEXs and/or syns for b'fast! So not the best choice to start the day I know - but we were in a rush to take Poppy to school then Phil reminded me we had to take his car to the garage afterwards & I was hungry (again) so had to grab something quickly!

L: leftover veg soup, mango, bread Part HEB + 4 syns, ff yog 1.5 syns SF jelly 1 syn

D: leftover veg curry - not that keen but don't want to waste it - might have half rice - half SW chips, ff yog 1.5 syns, sf jelly 1 syn

Total Syns: 9 - no more syns today - will have speed food if I'm hungry

Still not feeling 100% - took my blood pressure today and it's a bit low - so will keep an eye on it! So no exercise for me again :(

Last edited:
Your not hungry you just think you are.:classic_tongue::classic_big_grin:

Hee Hee - I'm ok at the mo - I'm too busy chanting I'm not hungry over and over - will get some strange looks when I got out!

No you are not hungry. Just keep saying it over and over again.:)

Good advice .....I'm not hungry.....I'm not hungry .....I'm not hungry.....I'm not hungry :classic_roll_eyes: :classic_smile: :classic_cool:

Back