NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I was with you on not eating meals yesterday and the way I feel right now I could eat junk all day today. :(

Is Success Express just extra super free? 2/3rds of plate? Are there other rules re hex's or anything?
Good Luck with it, you really need another good week this week to get you firmly down in the 10s.
I can't wait to get into the 11s but know I'm probably going to have a gain this week :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hang on .......rushes of to get SW book ........ back now - success express rules:

1. Each meal/snack fill 2/3 plate with super free food and 1/3 with free food
2. Choose 1 or 2 HEX As and 2 HEX Bs
3. 5-15 Syns as usual but u have to choose the higher syn value wherever they differ (on red and green)

I get bored quickly and need to vary things - I've done S Express b4 a couple of times and it's helped me to focus. Not sure how long I can stick to it - it's my b'day this week!

Hope ur feeling better soon xx

Oh thanks, reckon I could manage that, well maybe not this week. I shall eagerly await your food and reports but am willing you success. One of us Linda's needs a good week and I'm nominating you :)

Plans for your birthday? In/out? Visitors or being treated? You can definitely allow yourself a slack day on your birthday! :) xx

Oh thanks, reckon I could manage that, well maybe not this week. I shall eagerly await your food and reports but am willing you success. One of us Linda's needs a good week and I'm nominating you :)

Plans for your birthday? In/out? Visitors or being treated? You can definitely allow yourself a slack day on your birthday! :) xx

oooh responsibility comes with the nomination! Will do my best! Hubby has taken day off to cure creaking floorboards on landing b4 new carpet arrives! Nice to have his company - he's out of the house long hours most days.

Don't want to make foody plans for b'day as u know I've just got back on plan after a long off plan period! I have a voucher for a 3 course meal at a nice restaurant with a view of the Conwy valley but will hang on to it a bit longer I think!

Everyone knows I'm trying to lose weight so don't think I'll have any chocs to tempt me - already had a Monsoon voucher from son and family as he's away - on a biz trip to Las Vegas and extended it to have a short break - his wife's flown over to join him as she's always wanted to go there. Also had flowers from a friend. Hubby just walked in from an early shopping trip with bulging pockets and things stuffed down his coat too!

As for b'day plans - I have a bit of a sore throat and feel a bit yuck so might wait till I'm feeling better and have a day out walking with lunch out in Snowdonia National Park, some nice shops and places of interest around there too.

Not had b'fast yet - better get some before I get so hungry I go on a binge! Hope u feel better as the day goes on.

Morning Doreen - hope you're all set for a good day - very windy here - how is it with you?

It's a while since we've heard from Mo hope she's ok.

oooh responsibility comes with the nomination! Will do my best! Hubby has taken day off to cure creaking floorboards on landing b4 new carpet arrives! Nice to have his company - he's out of the house long hours most days.

Don't want to make foody plans for b'day as u know I've just got back on plan after a long off plan period! I have a voucher for a 3 course meal at a nice restaurant with a view of the Conwy valley but will hang on to it a bit longer I think!

Everyone knows I'm trying to lose weight so don't think I'll have any chocs to tempt me - already had a Monsoon voucher from son and family as he's away - on a biz trip to Las Vegas and extended it to have a short break - his wife's flown over to join him as she's always wanted to go there. Also had flowers from a friend. Hubby just walked in from an early shopping trip with bulging pockets and things stuffed down his coat too!

As for b'day plans - I have a bit of a sore throat and feel a bit yuck so might wait till I'm feeling better and have a day out walking with lunch out in Snowdonia National Park, some nice shops and places of interest around there too.

Not had b'fast yet - better get some before I get so hungry I go on a binge! Hope u feel better as the day goes on.

I hope he finds all the creaky bits, mine did that in the summer before new carpet in our bedroom but yesterday I noticed a new creak had started. Also in our ensuite, there is a dreadful squeak when you sit on the loo, which sounds so loud at night, grr. Hubs is very reluctant to lift the flooring in there but it's driving me mad!

Agree re birthday plans. Your voucher sounds good, maybe a reaching target treat?

Oh no re sore throat! You'd better not be poorly for your b'day, that's just not fair :(
I've heard really good things about Snowdonia NP too, so that sounds a great idea, my kind of day out.

I've not really had breakfast either, just a small banana, which isn't very good plan. Can't really be bothered to get anything but I'm hungry. There is one more portion of soup though, so will have that soon. Xx

I hope he finds all the creaky bits, mine did that in the summer before new carpet in our bedroom but yesterday I noticed a new creak had started. Also in our ensuite, there is a dreadful squeak when you sit on the loo, which sounds so loud at night, grr. Hubs is very reluctant to lift the flooring in there but it's driving me mad!

Agree re birthday plans. Your voucher sounds good, maybe a reaching target treat?

Oh no re sore throat! You'd better not be poorly for your b'day, that's just not fair :(
I've heard really good things about Snowdonia NP too, so that sounds a great idea, my kind of day out.

I've not really had breakfast either, just a small banana, which isn't very good plan. Can't really be bothered to get anything but I'm hungry. There is one more portion of soup though, so will have that soon. Xx

I don't notice the creaks! Have I mentioned b4 that I'm known as Barney Bodger and hubby as Percy Perfectionist!

Yes Snowdonia is a lovely area and only half an hour down the road - once we even stayed there for the weekend after a houseful here over Christmas and New Year - that was when I was working and felt we needed a break b4 going back to work after the so-called holiday!

Pity ur hungry as well as feeling under the weather - hormones grrr!

Last edited:
Even better re Snowdonia, lucky lady!
Hubby and I are both perfectionists in different areas. Sometimes that's good, sometimes we clash lol.

I've had a small banana for breakfast, some soup followed by two wholemeal bread (hex b) with laughing cow lite (hex a) and an apple, so far. Still feel lousy but not doing much x

My day started off well - then bombed when hubby produced a box of my fave chocs (Lindt balls) will try 2 Moro!

Hope u've had a good day Doreen?

Even better re Snowdonia, lucky lady!
Hubby and I are both perfectionists in different areas. Sometimes that's good, sometimes we clash lol.

I've had a small banana for breakfast, some soup followed by two wholemeal bread (hex b) with laughing cow lite (hex a) and an apple, so far. Still feel lousy but not doing much x

Hope u get a decent kip and feel at least a little better in the morning. Xx

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is fine. I don't know where Ive been. Im keeping the swimming up and the low carb diet but my weightloss has stalled. Happy Birthday Upndown!! I hope everyone is well and happy:)

Lovely to hear you're ok Mo. Sometimes life just gets us like that and we need time out. I don't think the time of year helps, going from warm sunshine to facing what 'might' be a long chilly dark winter, it's a hard time for a lot of folk.
Just pop in when you can and say hi, even if you're not losing (or gaining) we just like to hear people are alright. Take care lovely xx

Yoohoooo birthday girl, upndown.... where are you hiding? :D Many happy returns hun xx
Thx for ur b'day wishes! Not hiding - just feeling a bit rough - not eaten yet - just don't fancy anything enough to move to make it!

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is fine. I don't know where Ive been. Im keeping the swimming up and the low carb diet but my weightloss has stalled. Happy Birthday Upndown!! I hope everyone is well and happy:)
Lovely to read ur post - thx for ur b'day wishes and glad to hear ur still swimming on and boo to wl stalling xx

Thx for ur b'day wishes! Not hiding - just feeling a bit rough - not eaten yet - just don't fancy anything enough to move to make it!

Oh Boo to feeling poorly on your birthday, that's just not fair. You need some of my special cold bustin' chicken soup.... wish you weren't about 300 miles away :sigh:

Hope that cold soon goes lovely, and you feel a hundred times better! much love and hugs sent xxx

Oh Boo to feeling poorly on your birthday, that's just not fair. You need some of my special cold bustin' chicken soup.... wish you weren't about 300 miles away :sigh:

Hope that cold soon goes lovely, and you feel a hundred times better! much love and hugs sent xxx

yes ur chicken soup wd certainly perk me up! But ur posts make me feel better too!x

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::bliss::candle1::candle1::candle1:Lol I thought they weren't working. Happy birthday up down. X

Hi all. Happy birthday upndown.

I have been hiding. Not because of food, except for last weekend. Have been really good since Monday. Weighing tomorrow, not confident because of the birthday cake and meal out etc.

AM going to Northampton for Sunday. My DIL`s sister is 50 today and she she is having a do on Sunday. I will go to Haverhill Saturday PM, picking Faye up from dancing on the way and will have dinner before I go and have lunch for my dinner when I am there. Gonna try & be good Sunday evening as the kids are here for a couple of days next week and that is sometimes difficult.:)

It is my birthday next Wed but we are going to celebrate on Sunday too. I don`t want to do anything else nor go to Son the weekend after. Too much travelling.

I have been hiding because I just wanted to relax, eat the correct food and vegetate in front of the tv.

Hope you all ok. Good with the swimming MO.

Back