nasty comments

I was at the gym last night, very red face and sweaty.... when two girls walked past and i overheard something nasty they were saying....
The girls were about 20, had full make-up on with really pretty hair (looked like they were about to go clubbing, not a gym workout)... they had very skimpy clothes on, not that i blame them they were about a size 6. But what i heard comming out their mouths shocked me.. The first girls said.."look at all these fat people here, they shouldn't be allowed in" the second added " yeah, they are way passed help, Fat f**k*rs..:eek: I was so shocked!!!

When i look round the gym and see over weight people (including my self in the mirror... hate those mirrors lol) i think well done you for making it here tonight and not staying on the sofa.....

My thoughs on the girls were they did not deserve to be here, simply for been such shallow human beings!!!

It is hard enough been over weight and going to the gym and worrying what people may be thinking, but to here such horrid comment shock me... has anyone else experianced hearing negative comments from people!!!

Some people are so rude hun they are beyond help. What goes around comes around and you can't get away with being nasty all your life without some comeuppance.

You do deserve praise for going and you do deserve to be there. I would put in a complaint to the gym about rude behaviour as there must be some code of conduct in there!

Chin up girl and keep on going. You should be proud of yourself.

Oh dear.

I'm 20 myself, and hardly not thin- but i do have a laugh at times with my friends, rather tasteless jokes etc. Sometimes i'd joke with friends at the gym and say 'us fat people should be in a cake shop, not here' a joke on myself- maybe you heard it in the wrong concept?

I'd ignore girls like that though, the weight will catch up on them in a few years after having kids!

Yes they everywhere.

I wouldnt worry just carry on and take headphones and enjoy your workout.

When i was with friend i heard someone comment about us, and basically i just turned round (being me) Oh at least im doing something and can manage to lose this weight, but not much you can do with your face, well tbh she didnt stay around long, and yes she was a barbie as well and you no what i felt great, though friend was embarrassed and thought might up ended in fight but tbh with my gob im surprised to :)

Like most bad behaviour in the world, this horrible one stems from insecurity. Those girls must have had pretty low opinions of themselves to feel the need to say such horrible things about others.

people who are truly happy with themselves see positivity in things around them........and you have proved you are one of the nice guys by how YOU see other people at the gym- people doing something positive.

I have had many many comments about my size over the years and I know that even when I am thin they will just move on to something else as the problem is that of the person throwing the insult, not the one at the receiving end.

Massive hugs to you mate ((((((massive hugs)))))))
xxx

Argh, I hate those girls who go to the gym in full make up....I sweat loads when I go so I wonder how it all stays in place...

Either way ignore them. They sound shallow and ignorant and a bit vain to be honest, pay no attention.

I started going to the gym when I was over 19 stone, luckily that gym is only small and there's a minimal amount of posers in there, but I still felt so self concious I just used to put my headphones on, keep my head down and get on with it.

Fit people are'nt just born fit, it's something they need to work at, and everybody has to start somewhere. Gyms are for working out and improving your fitness whatever your size/shape. Your bound to get shallow posers in some places but they're talking crap so just ignore them and be happy your there doing yourself some good

x

What immature girls! Well done to everyone there for actually making the effort to get fit & healthy. We can change our size (as you are) but unfortunately it is much harder to change a horrible personality. Looks fade & it sounds like they won't have a beautiful personality to fall back on when that happens.

Don't pay any attention to shallow people like that xx

I am disgusted in what they said. I do take things to heart but I am learning not to. People like this are not worth getting upset over. You know what, I bet they've never had a weight problem by the sounds of it. They are obviously 2 very shallow, vain, immature girls who have a lot of growing up to do. And when they enter the real world they are in for a shock when they find out that not everyone will tollerate that kind of behavior. At the moment I expect they are living in their own little bubble where the world revolves around them, trust me they will soon find out that it doesnt. GYM'S ARE THERE FOR PEOPLE TO LOSE WEIGHT, GET FIT AND KEEP HEALTHY! Thats what they are for! They are not just for fit people for goodness sake. Silly girls. Going by the gym I go to, most people are working towards they're goals they are not already there (no offence meant). So if it wasnt for people like you and me wanting to make ourselves healthier people then the gyms wouldnt have much business and these 2 plonkers wouldnt have a gym to go to.

** The first girls said.."look at all these fat people here, they shouldn't be allowed in" the second added " yeah, they are way passed help.. **

Still cant believe that someone would be stupid enough to say this. Again, do not let them get to you, they are not worth getting upset over. Their opinion does not matter. I agree with Jaylou I would complain to the management, comments like that could upset other people to and put them off. It is hard enough plucking up the courage to go as it is and you dont need muppets like these putting you off.

Sorry to go off one one :D

Well done for sticking to the gym workouts and I know it may be difficult, but just try to ignore these immature comments. I used to answer back whenever I would hear a comment like this, but now I don't even waste my effort on ignorant people like this.

Just because they're skinny, doesn't necessarily mean they're healthy (they certainly aren't in the head lol!). You're probably much fitter than them and they're insecure about the fact they can't spend more than 5 minutes on a treadmill without feeling like they're dying!

You're a much better person than they are, and as Couteaux said, they're not going to have a personality to fall back on when they're wrinkly and "unattractive"!

I have never ever encountered people like this, even when I first joined and I was 21 stone then! I wouldn't listen to a word they say, they have their make up on because they don't think they're pretty enough without it and it stays on because I'll bet they don't actually do much more exercise than posing! They'll soon find out when they get older that almost everyone gains weight at some point and they may become a 'fat person' themselves. It sounds mean but I hope they do and then they'll have to work as hard as we do and know exactly how it feels to be openly ridiculed! *Fumes*

Firstly, good on you for getting off your arse and going to the gym! I know how hard it is to fit in structured exercise when you work shifts like you and I do!! Brilliant positive step!

Secondly, there will always be ignorant, shallow, insecure people like these childish idiots around in society and we'll never ever stop them! Only they can change their attitudes and develop more meaningful lives for themselves! They may be quite nice people deep down but have perhaps been brainwashed by other shallow ignoramouses and have been led down the wrong path in life!! I hope that one day they will look back and be horrified by the sillly things they said!! The only thing that we can do is to let these things go completely over our heads! If you can't let them go in one ear and out the other, you can turn them into positives and use them to fuel your motivation to succeed in your weight loss and fitter, healthier lifestyle! Then one day when you're slim you can confidently walk up to those girls (if they're still going there which I doubt- they'll probably have moved on somewhere else to annoy people) and calmly confront then and ask them to explain why they said what they did! I bet their faces would be a picture!! OK, you probably won't ever get the opportunity to have this conversation but it's a fun one to play out in your mind!!

Just remember that the problem lies with them and you don't have anything to worry about!X

You can lose weight, they'll always be airheads :D x

Yes they everywhere.

I wouldnt worry just carry on and take headphones and enjoy your workout.

When i was with friend i heard someone comment about us, and basically i just turned round (being me) Oh at least im doing something and can manage to lose this weight, but not much you can do with your face, well tbh she didnt stay around long, and yes she was a barbie as well and you no what i felt great, though friend was embarrassed and thought might up ended in fight but tbh with my gob im surprised to :)

I would have said the same - some people need knocking down off their little pedastals! grrrrr!

good for you!

x

Mand, when you get to target you will be thin, gorgeous and have a great personality. They will always be ugly in attitude and complete bitc*es x

If I was you I would mention it to a member of staff. I know at the gym I used to use they would NOT have allowed ANYone to be made feel awkward as a result of another 'member's' arrogance....#

Silly little skrechs.

I have seen girls like this in the gym, silly girls made up to the nines. Let's flip this on its head, they are the ones that look ridiculous in the gym, and maybe they know it. They may be skinny but they are probably not fit, and they do a few delicate steps on the stepper, whilst looking all around at who is watching them,. then jumping off for a chat before even breaking a sweat!! lol let's pity them and their shallowness!! poor dull things!
if you see them doing it again smile at them, that will throw them!! haha

People like this make me so angry! So we have a 'few' pounds to lose but surely the fact that we're doing something about it makes us better people than these. We know what our faults are and we are dealing with them unlike these 2 barbies who clearly think they're perfect. Idiots.

you say they were bout 20? give it a few years and i bet it just piled on for them! I had a similar experience with girls at school and now when i see then on face book years on after theyve had loads of kids i just smile and think " when at least i know im over weight and that im doing something about it"

Back