Natalie's (broox159) *FINAL* weight loss diary!

Thanks for the advice, i will keep of the scales til weigh in day!

What is classed as leafy greens? Like spinnach??

Hi Natalie. I saw your post about the headaches and generally feeling awful. Please don't give up. Like Kat1e, I went through hell the first week. Muscle cramps, fatigue, headaches, the works. It helped that I took that week off work!

When I look back, it seems obvious to me that it's like withdrawing from a drug. The fact that I had it so bad probably means I was pretty badly "addicted" to and affected by carbs, and therefore REALLY needed to give them up. So in a way you could see it as a sign you're doing the right thing.

Pretty much everyone says that once you get through it, you feel much better and stop craving carbs. It really is a case of grin and bear it. If you cave in and eat some carbs, don't let it derail you, just start again! Best of luck.

Excellent advice there - and do try chicken stock in hot water, it really helps. I use the Knorr Touch of Taste chicken boullion, very low in carbs.

Thanks ladies! I had a really bad headache yesterday, but i didnt cave, im detirmined to get through the first week! I think it helped that i started friday so had the weekend to feel like poop if needed!

I think i have some of those stock cubes so i might have a cup of stock later! I'll be sure to get some cabbage etc too!! :)

Stock is a great idea. Sometimes the symptoms are due to a lack of potassium and sodium, and broth helps with both. Sea salt also contains potassium and magnesium, be liberal with it!

Sounds like you've found your mojo- go for it!

Hi there, I'm a daily weigher and like you my weight went up but I knew that it wasn't possible so managed to keep going.

The headaches are the pits - the first time I did Atkins I didn't know about them! I kept going this time by getting some food that I would never ever have on low fat, calorie controlled stuff and having that along with lots of headache tablets.

Good luck!

You are doing so well - you CAN get through the first week!

I must try the chicken stock "soup" sounds like it might be a goody!
Word of warning though....
Be careful about hidden carbs - Ceasar Salad dressing is sometimes laden with sugar and chipolatas and most run of the mill sausages can contain quite a few carbs!

I checked out the carbs on both caesar dressing and the chipolatas, and made sure i counted them in my daily carb allowance, the chipolatas are quite low i think....for 3 of them they work out to be 2ish grams lf carb....x

P.s thanks for all the encouragment! It really does help! :D

Last edited:
I'm bad about hopping on the scales too. I had a rough first week too. Once you get through it you will feel like a different person. I not only have more energy but it seems like a fog has lifted from my brain. The chicken cubes really helped me too. Hang in there! You can do it! :)

Thank you! :)

Tomorrow is day four...what are the chances ill wake up feeling like a new person? Is it too soon?

Everyone is different but it is possible that you may not have much appetite and maybe have more energy. One thing that was another big change was the bloated feeling was gone and no more gas. ;)

Im already feeling less bloated, which is awesome! :)

I love that feeling of not being bloated - it's the evil carbs do it!

Also love not having to be worried about pharfing every time I bend over :D

Evening Natalie... Sorry it's taken me so long to jump back on your diary! Sounds like the withdrawals have been tough but you've held strong! Well done for keeping with it! Keep posting! Hugs x

Thanks Di! Lucky ive only started to get a headache right now today, so maybe tomorrow they will be gone altogether? Im glugging the water!! X

Water is just the best thing to do right now! Xx

Morning Natalie, I agree water is the best thing for the headaches and atkins flu sysmptoms.

Morning everyone! I woke up this morning feeling slightly less groggy than normal, although i still snoozed my alarm 3 times, much to my OH's dismay, he is on half term and doesnt have to get up! :rolleyes:

Already had 1 litre of water this morning, just about to go fill up my bottle.

B: 3 eggs scrammbled with 2x bacon
L: Salad with Tuna&Mayo
D: Lamb rump (?) with rosemary butter and cabbage (I'm looking forward to dinner!)

I was wondering if there is a limit of eggs we should be having a day? I had 5 yesterday and i dont know if its a myth or not, but i am worried about my cholesterol.... :eek:

Dinner sounds lush!

Re eggs, I asked Jim recently and he said about 6 a week - but I think as long as you don't have five every day, you should be fine?

Back