Nats diary

natpot

Hi all, rather excited about starting this diary having read so many inspirational tales from others. Hopefully my diary will be as positive and truthful as those.
I am restarting CD SS tomorrow with a new CDC. She sounded lovely on the phone and I can't wait to meet her and get started again. I would so love to lose the weight that has worn away my confidence over the years and I want (even more!) to enjoy clothes shopping and getting dressed up again!
I did CD in 1991 when there was far less choice and only stuck at it for two weeks! Since then I have been to all the slimming clubs, clerked at WW for 18 months and had 3 kids. My weight has fluctuated between 17.5 stone and 12st but I haven't been able to break that 12st barrier. I am currently at about 14 stone.
I did LL earlier this year for 6-7 weeks but was unwell and had to stop for a short time. Unfortunately once I went back to the plan the packs made me heave and I just couldn't eat them so gave up (so stupid:mad: - imagine where I would be now!!!)
Approx 3 weeks ago I started CDSS and lasted 5 days. I felt awful (much worse than 1st time into ketosis). I had been quite poorly with allergies and asthma a little while previous and don't think my body was fully recovered. I got lots of support on here but just gave up :eek: (AGAIN!!). I didn't particularly feel any connection with my CDC so didn't talk it over with her and have just been completely off the wagon for the last few weeks.
I contacted the nearest CDC on the CD website that had a picture of themself on it (don't ask me why, just thought maybe they'd invested a bit more of themselves into it?) and as I said before she seemed great.
My first meeting is tomorrow morning and I may be doing 790 for the first week or two to see if that eases me into ketosis more gently. Haven't really decided, although I am slightly worried that not being 100% abstinent still leaves me open to 'cheating'. Would prefer to SS but obv want to suceed this time so will take CDC advice on this:) .
I don't see this diet as something to keep going back to - I want to sort out my weight once and for all, so I apologise in advance for possibly being a moaning minnie in the first week!
Anyway, babbled on for far too long. Will post on here tomorrow lunchtime to say how meeting went.

Just wishing you all the very best Nat.
You could break that 12 stone barrier in 2 months or less if you keep on CD-so hopefully with such a positive attitude, a good CDC and, of course, a Minimins diary, you'll be able to do it.
In fact-I think you WILL do it!

Best of luck for tomorrow Nat.

Thanks guys:D
Kate - that is exactly what I am hoping for - 12 stone by Xmas and then a completely new phase in the New Year.
Tracie, well done on your great day 1!

Well... had my meeting this am which went well. We decided I would do SS and if I need to on days 4-7 add a meal. I didn't eat or drink before I went so am now drinking for England and have all my packs to go.

How does everyone else do it I wonder - spread them out or all in one hit? In the past I've done a breakfast lunch and dinner pattern but might split some packs if I'm having lots of hot shakes.

Didn't get any soups as they made me feel bit queasy last time but sure will go back to them eventually. Did get some savoury drink which will feel a bit like soup anyway.

It was suggested I start planning now how to reward myself when I hit first target of 2st loss. DH bought me a silver charm bracelet in anticipation of me starting this diet and for every stone I lose he will buy me a new charm. The champagne glass charm will be for when I hit target! Reckon I might get a few new clothes in the meantime also:D .

All in all I'm feeling very positive about things - new CDC seems great, SOOOO glad to have found this site and determined to overcome the yukky feeling of going into ketosis.

Oh how quickly things change! A couple of hours ago felt really positive, now I am trying to convince myself I don't need to starve to get slim. I drove my DD to dance class and wondered what each of the people we saw walking down the street were going to have for dinner! Just glugged more water and will try not to think about the pizza & garlic bread my boys are currently devouring:p

Day 2 and feeling good!

Woken up today feeling full of beans, hooray. Fell asleep on sofa last night at 8ish and didn't wake up until 1.30am. This meant I only had 1.5 packs yesterday (oops). Not too sure if I ought to eat the extra today or not?:confused:

I had put a choc tetra in freezer to have for supper and obv was asleep so had it for brekkies today. YUM!:D !
I know I 'm not in ketosis yet but my fingers and toes are cold, so must be chilly outside.

Will make sure I have all my packs today as don't want to start feeling ropey. Bit worried about Thurs and Fri as working and won't be able to get on here much. It helps so much knowing other people are suceeding:) .

hiya honey... do try to have all the packs every day cos you need all the vitamins and nutrients from them all!!

Looks like myself and yourself are in a kinda similar boat??? i weighed in this morning at 13st 11lb :eek: :eek: :eek: did get down to 12st 4 in august and will again!!

i re-started cd today and so far so good!!!

you should hop on coley's wagon and we can all support each other!!!

Gen xx

I haven't tried freezing one of my tetras yet ... I may do that tomorrow.
I put half of one in a cup and top it up with hot water and it is yummy :)

It is harder at work. If its anything like my workplace there seems to be none stop snacking going on around me ! :eek: Just try to keep busy and it will soon be hometime and back to minimins :) Good Luck !

Thanks Gen, Lisa and Melissa, Will def make sure I have all my packs - was just sooo sleepy! Must find that wagon to jump on, ta for the heads up Gen. You will definitely be below that 12s4 by Christmas and then into new territory - how exciting is that? I can't wait to be 11 something, a place I haven't been since before baby no1.

Lisa, the frozen tetra was really good - another texture and really creamy. Can't wait to try hot tetra, might do that at work today.

I work in an open plan public office (jobcentre) so no ones allowed to eat which is a real help. I'm very impressed that you survive the snacking Melissa. It used to be piggy runs all the time at mine which I know I couldn't handle.

Anyway, here's to a positive day 3 and roll on ketosis:)

Hi Natpot
Your doing great, well done!:D

I love the way that you keep at it and dont let yourself give up, i've done the same and recently have tried SS'ing about 4 time now im on day 4 and am so positive that this needs to work for me this time!

Keep at it and you'll make that target by xmas!

P.s I love the charm bracelet idea! Brilliant! :D

Hi Nat, well done on giving it another go!:D

You'll shift that weight in no time if you stick to it properly! ;)

You're so lucky to have a hubby who is clearly supportive - charm bracelet sounds a fantastic idea! :D

Looking forward to hearing all about your first charm going on there soon!;)

Hi Natpot
Your doing great, well done!:D

I love the way that you keep at it and dont let yourself give up, i've done the same and recently have tried SS'ing about 4 time now im on day 4 and am so positive that this needs to work for me this time!

Keep at it and you'll make that target by xmas!

Thanks Emmie-Lou, sounds like your head is in the right place for the diet:D These boards really help for support don't they?

Hi Nat, well done on giving it another go!:D

You'll shift that weight in no time if you stick to it properly! ;)

You're so lucky to have a hubby who is clearly supportive - charm bracelet sounds a fantastic idea! :D

Looking forward to hearing all about your first charm going on there soon!;)

Thanks Jennie, The charm bracelet was an idea I picked up on here at start of October when I started before and I kept hold of it knowing I was coming back:)

Sounds like you've had a tough few days, how are you?

Ketosis has arrived...

and I'm feeling really good. Day 3 last time I was feeling very ropey, headachey and nauseous so hoping I will get off lightly this time:confused: :)

I worked today and found it really helped being occupied all day. I managed to drink 1.5lt water while there and had a banana tetra for lunch, so all went according to plan. I did find it a bit tricky to listen to everyone munching on sarnies and crisps in the lunchroom but will just have to get used to it.

I cooked kids and DH bolognese and pasta for dinner and sat watching them whilst they ate. It wasn't too bad really, I sipped my savoury drink and then nearly gagged on the ground black pepper at the bottom!*lol*

Oh, I made a toffee & walnut muffin this morning and have to say it was a bit of struggle to get it all down. Funny chemical taste:p . Do seem to recall from LL that these tasted better with a bit of the pack made into a sauce so might try that tomorrow. Didn't get any soups this week as thought the savoury drink could replace them but not too sure that I like it. The colour is a bit off-putting as it is so pasty looking and it def needs some pepper to liven it up.

At the mo I seem to be thinking more about the foodpacks and what everyone else is eating. I know that once plan is established I will start to think about my own food issues and what makes me overeat. At least I hope I will - I don't want to find myself back in this position after all this hard work.

I had lost 6lbs on my scales this morning so can't wait to weigh in next Tuesday!

Am ok thanks - going to bed now. Heavy week.. the muffins taste better if you crush 3 splenda tablets in first and then add water.. makes them heaps sweeter and more palitable. I can almost guarantee that once you see the weight falling off you won't want to revisit those old feelings!

Night night hun x

Day 4 already...hooray!!!

Can't quite believe I'm halfway through my first week already. It has been pretty plain sailing but I could be speaking too soon. Have woken up today clear headed and energetic after the best nights sleep I've had for ages. I seem to recall this happening before, does anyone else have this good side effect I wonder?

At work again all day so will hopefully work as well as yesterday. Do have to brave Asda after school with the kids, few bits of food so not too bad on the temptation score nut also sliipers for kiddiwinks (also for me, my toes are sooo chilly;) )

Lost another pound on my scales this morning so 7lbs off so far:D :D

Off to try FFFs tip of sweetener in my muffin(Thanks Jennie):) Have a good day all.

Back