nearly lost it in Asda!

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
It was manic in there today with shoppers, but for heavens sake, the assistants had loads of metal cages out filling up the shelves, blocking the ailes, and some were just abandoned in the ailes clogging it up. Everywhere I turned chaos, got very close to just leaving trolly and comming home. Its just going to get worse form here on in isn't it with crimbo shopping etc. And another thing (rantting now) why do people feel the need to walk round a supermarket on a mobile phone asking the o/h what they want for tea and what they have bought already.....get a flippin life people, and make a bl**dy shopping list. In, out, thats how to shop, its not a sight seeing tour.

Rant over, sorry just got to me today but posting on here rather than having food till moments past.

Thank you peeps. xxx

why do people feel the need to walk round a supermarket on a mobile phone asking the o/h what they want for tea and what they have bought already.....get a flippin life people, and make a bl**dy shopping list. In, out, thats how to shop, its not a sight seeing tour.

It is unbelievable but can at times be funny to listen to the ongoing conversation about what to buy...I myself have only observed men doing this.:rolleyes:

As for all the chaos and need to buy so much seeing how so many supermarkets are open 24/7 leaves me puzzled as to why???

In days gone by:boohoo: shops were closed over the Christmas period for up to four days...so you did have a real need to stock up on food...but now???

I just don't get it:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Its the last Friday of the month - pay day!

I always get caught out with this one! I should make a diary note not to go shopping on last friday of the month and on the 15th as that's also when a lot of people get paid!

Hope you feel better soon CG - internet shopping is the way to go hun!

It's the general rudeness of people shopping that does my head in! You've got the ones who have got all day to stand around leaving their tolleys in the way in the middle of an isle and then you've got those who are in such a rush that they're playing trolley car racing and swearing at people! Add that to staff messing around with cages and you have chaos lol

Tbh, if its not crazy shoppers, its the people on the tills.. now dont get me wrong, serving people all day can be mind-numbingly boring, BUT its not like the shopper wants to be there either, i work in a shop temp atm and no matter how tired i am or how busy, i always try my ahrdest to put a smile on, be super happy and friendly and as helpful as poss. Theres nothing worse than not wanting to shop in the first place to then be confronted with someone who has no interest in helping at all..

im always in and out, i walk so fast theres steam on my feet, and dont think just cos your old i won't push past you if your blocking up the isle! :D

And another thing........

Don't know if they have introduced this at your Asda, but ours is right in the town so people have been parking on Asda car park for free and going into town, hence its impossible to find a car parking space. So, they have installed cameras at the entrance which scan your number plate on entry and exit, and you get 2 hours to do your shopping, over stay and you get a £60 fine. Brilliant, or so you would think........the whinge bag shoppers in Asda are complaining they can't possibly do their shopping in 2 hours! For heavens sakes here's how

Take the cages off the supermarket floor.
People, put your phones away.
Go with a list.
Finally, don't buy so much and end up throwing it away.

See, in, out, 90mins max. Whats their problem?

Sorry, still on a rant obviously lol.

Oh I hear you honey!

My biggest pet peeve (seems worse here than where I lived before) are those who stand in the ailse and natter on with each other, but have their trolleys longways across the ailse and tada - congestion caused. I don't CARE if Mrs Smith and Mrs Jones have not seen each other for a day (!) - go to the coffee shop, but a frickin' coffee and GET. OUT. OF. THE. WAY!!!

I'm like you...get in, get what you need and leave. I make a list and am even sad enough to make the list in the order it will appear in the store. Fruit-veggies-meat-cheese yadda yadda. Up one side, down the other and to the tills. As the merecat would say 'shimples'.

Grrr! xxx

I'm sooooooooooo with you ladies on this one!

My other half starts work early so on days I need the car I drop him off and stop off at Tesco on the way home - just after 6am. Invariably aisles are blocked by 2-3 cages and a bunch of spotty oiks gossiping, who look at you like you're from another planet when you walk past.

Same thing on the very rare occasion I've been in there at 1am-2am.

I'm paying your b***dy wages so a bit of help would be nice!

I'm one of those people who always say please, thank you, excuse me and chat nicely with staff (after all I wouldn't have the patience to do their job) so a bit ov civility in return would be nice!

I know it's not everyone, but it is the ones I seem to encounter.

Oh, and another thing. I HATE it when you haven't finished packing your shopping and the assistant behind the till slams your money down and starts to serve the customer behind. I don't know if Tesco have changed their training but it used to be that you were the till assistants customer until they had put the change IN YOUR HAND.

Totally agree with all of the above but just a few more:-

canvasers in shops, mmmmmmm i'm here to shop not to change phone/electricity etc.

Yes it is nice for the person at the till to be pleasant & smiley, but please DON'T chat to me... I want to go!

Wow I didn't have shop rage but feel much better now.

BTW just been Christmas shopping with my daughter & amonst other things we bought Christmas loo roll in Aldi :p

Gah! I know what you mean about them rushing you to move on. Will it k*ll them to wait until you're finished packing before the push you out the way? Honestly! It's bad enough for me as do the shop on own, and often it's ready to be bagged before finished unloading (tills always seem quiet despite being busy in the store...weird). But I tell you what, those of you who do this with a kid or two (or three or four) with you - RESPECT! It's bad enough alone let alone with kiddies. 'Cause most don't help despite asking if you want help packing (they should say 'want me to break your eggs?') and the fact their name tags proclaim they are 'happy to help'.

Meh!

Oh, and another thing. I HATE it when you haven't finished packing your shopping and the assistant behind the till slams your money down and starts to serve the customer behind. I don't know if Tesco have changed their training but it used to be that you were the till assistants customer until they had put the change IN YOUR HAND.

This is a pet hate of mine:mad:

What I do now is that I pack everything and only when I am ready do I hand over money. This is often enough to get the till assistant to help me with my packing.

I think Tesco staff are poorly trained...I much prefer Asda and have always found them very helpful.

Love Mini xxx

I was in Sainsburys when I was 9 months pregnant with my son. I SWEAR the assistant pushed the stuff to the side furthest from me when she put it through the till as it was a struggle to reach it!

I am the slight crazy person in asda. I work shifts so can avoid the mad time however on tuesday morning I was doing my shopping. I was in such a world of my own thinking about my exams that are coming up. Anyway I mananaged to leave my trolley in the fruit & veg section & got half way round the shop before realising. The other lady who had been looking for me thought I was a little mad!:sign0007:

This is a pet hate of mine:mad:

I think Tesco staff are poorly trained...I much prefer Asda and have always found them very helpful.

Love Mini xxx

I was asked (tongue in cheek!) if I was 18 the other day in Asda by a lovely young man!

Morrisons was vile on wed morning (it's usually deserted) full of pensioners who hadn't a clue what they wanted (apologies to anyone who takes umbrage but I'm nearly one myself tho I mean the older ones!), men just standing around (always in front of what you want!)
Mums with MASSIVE pushchairs who don't look to see if it's clear to manoeuvre round a corner, and I know they pay night staff so WHY are the shelves not full?
Oh and while I'm at it,,,,altho I park miles from the entrance with no one near me am I sandwiched between 2 4x4s when I come out? Rant over!

OK........I agree with a lot of your comments but feel like I have to stick up for Tescos just now. Being the team leader of checkouts at my local Tesco I know exactly how all the staff are trained and they are constantly monitored on their training to ensure they are doing things Tesco way. Here is the basics of what we are told to do:
- Begin to pack the customers shopping whilst they are unloading to help get it through quicker, and then ask if they would lke a hand to pack.
- Chat to the customer throughout the transaction.
- Ask for the clubcard and payment, enter it all through the till and hand change/reciept to customer.
- Serve next customer.

ALL checkout staff are constantly monitored on how many items they put through in a minute, how long they take to process the payment section and how long they are sitting not serving anybody. This is wy they have to keep moving.........if they do not hit these targets then they have to be retrained.

I dont exactly agree with some of this, I believe in treating the customer with respect and give them the time that that person needs. If we give the customer respect then we hope to get some in return (doesnt always happen).

Thats my bit over with I think. :) :) :)

Wow Victoria, you're brave coming on here after all our whinges :-D Good on you!! xxxx

It was a manager at a Tesco store that told my mother that change was to be put in her hand, not just on the counter.

I would think there are probably more good checkout operators than bad, but as with most things it's the bad ones you remember.

And I hate it when you haven't finished unloading your trolley but they start pushing the stuff through anyway and it all piles up at the other end. Drives me mad. The only supermarket that doesn't do this is Waitrose - they are told to wait patiently until you have unloaded and only then start to check the stuff through.

And another thing - I hate it when you get the receipt, notes and small change all stuffed into your hand at once.

Back