Need a kick!

Well done JJJ for getting through the 1st day, good luck with the rest of today, you are sounding really positive.

Thanks guys

Nige - would my glycogen stores be so low even though I have been eating normally for 3 months now? i hope it is what you say as that means i should get those pounds off super quick:D
I don't know what your normal eating habits are, but eating a pile of carbs crams your glycogen stores to the brim.
Also, those pounds have definitely made my clothes more tight so, again, could that just be glycogen? would it bloat me up like that?!
It's the water that is stored alongside glycogen (required for the hydrolysis of glycogen back into glucose) that bloats you. If there was a lot of salt in your naughty meal, that causes even more water retention.

In 3 days, you can lose all that glycogen & water and be back to where you were. It takes 15,750 surplus Calories to gain 4.5lbs of body-fat.

Hi JJ

Definitely no kicks but as the yanks would say "koudos" for your amazing journey and transformation so far. As a CD returner who never completed my journey to goal it is really helpful to see how you cope/adjust back to regular food and you seem to be doing well!

Scarlett

Hi Jo

It sounds like you're doing brilliantly. Hope day 2 goes well for you today. It's a beautiful day here in sunny Sussex, but I'm stuck at work till 6.30pm. Hope you're out enjoying the sunshine and burning off those calories :D

Thanks for the info Nige, very helpful. I sneaked on the scales this morning and I've already dropped 2.5lbs so I feel relieved!

Going to a friend's for dinner tonight which will be testing but hopefully she has cooked something healthy (she usually does).

Felt very hungry this morning and eaten loads of fruit but incorporated it into my allowance. Thinking of having a tetra in a minute as that will stop me eating too much this evening.

Pushed my little boy in his pushchair for 3 miles today - all along the seafront in the sunshine. SG - sorry you're at work today, you're missing all the sunshine! I'm back at work tomorrow but I gather that the weather is going to turn much colder then.

Right, off for another half a litre of water and a hot banana tetra - yum xxx

Knew you could do it hun, proud of you!

Georgie
xx

Wow Georgie! 3.4lbs below target weight! well done to you. Any advice?!!

Yesterday was okay until i went to my friend's for dinner. It always sets me off but I didn't go crazy. I enjoyed a lovely dinner and pudding plus a small treat size bag of magic stars and that was it. I know I was over my allowance but I drank 3 litres of water too and did the long walk so hopefully not too much damage was done.

Today has been a very successful day so far. Worked this morning and doing some work from home this afternoon so plenty to keep me occupied.

Getting back into the swing of things now thanks to you lot:D

Hi JJJ

Unfortunately I haven't entered the scary world of full maintenance yet and am still following the 1200 plan so no real advice. Want to shift another 3lbs or so and will then move up to 1500 and from there will be joining you in the big bad world and hopefully we can help eachother through. You are doing great, keep on battling hun and you will definately win in the end!

Georgie
xx

Well, its the end of the week and I'm still at the same weight - 9st 1 (although i did go up to 9st 4 for a day after my major binge!).

I've eaten totally normally for most of the week with a few treats here and there (Well, most days actually if i'm honest) so not surprised i haven't managed to shift it.

Want to really go for it next week but totm is looming and I am craving comfort food/sweet things big time.

Going to try again this week but I may have to accept that this is where I am going to settle, if it is, then so be it. I can't keep up with the battle forever!

Did my Davina DVD yesterday afternoon and I've woken up with a really stiff back this morning, it must have been too much of a shock to the system:D

Glad to see everyones still going - keep strong
xxx

Back