Need advice - slimfast on a long shift - help?

charleyx

Hi everyone,I've been doing Slim Fast for a few days now, and I'm really feeling the benefit. I'm a uni student so usually I'm just sitting around not doing much so the plan is perfect for me.However, I've been offered a job today and have my first shift tomorrow - it's a 6 hour shift from 11 - 5 doing bar work / waitressing. I'm just worried that the Slim Fast diet won't be able to sustain me for 6 hours when I'm on my feet all day?

Also, I'm pretty sure I won't get a lunch break or anything, Probably won't get even any time to have a snack. So if I just have a shake for breakfast, that's definitely not going to be enough until 5pm? :/ What do you guys think I should do? Any advice?
:confused:

Hi,

Legally speaking you should get at least 15 minutes to rest during a 6 hour shift. So if you get that, why not take a 100, or 200 calorie snack with you to eat then, or you could take a shake (either bottled or powder in your own bottle). Then if you take a large bottle of water, you should be full during the shift.

And personally, I would eat something before going to work. Some days when I'm in university all day I'll eat a bowl of porridge before going in. I know it's not within "the rules", but make the plan work for you. You'll be a lot more successful that way.

I agree with the above poster, I believe it would be against the law not to give you a break for 6hrs work.

I work 12 hour days and slim fast fits in perfectly (although im able to snack during the day). I have a shke for breakfast at about 5.30am a banana at aroung 9.30am I have my main 600cal meal at lunch during my break (normally something I can shove in the microwave) 1 or 2 snacks in the afternoon and then a shake or bar before I leave work at 7.30pm.

It shouldnt be too hard to carry on the diet for a 6hr day
Good luck

You could have both shakes before work? Even a snack too if you feel like it? I have 2 shakes and snacks before work, works well for me.

Back