Need some help please

SharonA_1970

Ok here's the thing. Finished foundation on 22 July 3 stone lighter. That was a Sunday and the developers meeting was on the Tuesday night. I didn't go to that one cos it was so close to the foundation meeting, last Tuesday I couldn't go either cos we were away. I am going tomorrow, trouble is I am talking myself out of going and giving up. I just haven't been able to stay in abstinence for the last two weeks. I manage a couple of days then have a binge or lose the plot for about three days. I just can't seem to get my head round it all or get myself back in focus. Does anyone have any tips if they have been through times like this?:(

Hi Sharon!
Just a quick reply as have to dash out in a sec, but please just go to the meeting regardless of what has happened in the last 2 weeks. Crooked thinking galore, that what it sounds like to me. Believe me I had loads of it lately, and I think part of it has to do with having finished the magical "100 days" (which is what I always said I would) and with that I have sort of given myself permission to maybe not carry on afterwards. I did eat yesterday (longer story) and even though I am nervous about weigh in tomorrow I am more determined to crack this and am back on track today.
Is your LLC understanding, i.e. can you just be honest with her about your fears??? Just tell yourself that not going is not an option and that way muster up enough enery to just go. HOpe there will be others there from your group as well who can support you. Sorry, I can't be of more help, haven't got time to think properly at thte moment just wanted to encoruage you!!!!

If I could magically wind back time, I would have advised you to go to the meeting that you thught was too soon after the end of Foundation...

BUT that's done with now.
Number 1 - you need the support of a group to get back on track.

Do you REALLY want to give up? Are you happy at the weight you are at BMI36?

I would guess the answer to those questions is no. If so, you need to get back to group and start afresh with a new attitude. Put those couple of weeks behind you. Return to the green book and go through one or two of the exercises.

You have done this before for 14 weeks. You can do it again!

Hi Sharon

Well done for posting; I think the fact that you did means that you want to get back on track. The absolutely key thing to know is that you are NOT alone! The second thing to know is that the past two weeks can be a fantastic opportunity to learn about why you binged to help you in the future; thought records are fantastic and there's a thread on here about them. They are fantastic tools to help precisely for moments like these. Remember, "failures" are just opportunities to learn and get closer to where you want to be.

And finally, well, you know what I am going to say...get back to the meeting asap. You will, I hope, find the support and encouragement that you also need closer to home ie as an addition to the support from minis. I really hope your LLC will help you get back to where YOU want to be.

Development is a rollercoaster, it really is. Sandra and others (including me) have been struggling ourselves and I am just in the process of writing up a Guide for Development, which I hope will help.

I wish you every success; you can do it, you have done it and you'll do it again. You just need to tap into what worked before.

Don't underestimate the power of crooked thinking; it is lurking EVERYWHERE! So it's time for you to be in charge again.

I wish you every success; please let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxx

I smiled when I read your post Sharon. It is five weeks since I last went to a meeting (due to holidays etc) and I too was somewhat concerned about standing on the scales at my next meetng.

Fortunately, I realised that I had so much to lose if I decided not to go to the meeting tonight.

This time last year I weighed 100lbs more than today. I have been successfully maintaining that loss for five months (until a month ago when the summer holidays began). I knew that if I allowed crooked thinking to persuade me not to attend the meeting, I would be on the slow but steady slide to weight gain and so undo what I had strived to hard to achieve.

So, I went to the meeting and stood on the scales... and guess what, the world did not end. I have gained 10lbs. It could have been worse, it could have been better. So what. What is important is what I do now.

What I do now is think like a slim person (because I am one). Cut back a bit for a few weeks, get back to my routine (it will be easier once I start back at work in a couple of weeks) and KEEP GOING TO THE WEEKLY MEETINGS AGAIN.

Summer holidays have always been deadly for me. No routine, eating out too much, drinking too much al fresco. This time is different.

Let it be different for you too. Don't make the same mistakes you've always made in the past.

If you have missed this weeks meeting, have you thought about phoning your LLC and asking for a pop-in? It will be private (no other members around) and you can chat about your strategies to get back on track. Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses. I am in a better frame of mind today and I WILL go tonight. I made myself feel sick yesterday because of all the rubbish I ate so I have made a note of that and highlighted it in my journal so it stands out like a sore thumb if I ever feel like having another binge, hopefully it will be a reminder as to how ill I felt.

Back