Need some info pls!

princess.85

Hello,

I first heard about the dukan diet last year but didn't really look into it. Went on Cambridge diet and lost just over a stone, worked brilliantly but I stopped for a holiday and can't get back to it!! So I told my CDC I wanted a break from it. I was reading my magazine today n read a bit about J Lo n the dukan diet.

I did Atkins a couple of years bk which made me ill and from what I've been reading this is quite similar?(pls correct me if I'm wrong) I'm looking to lose just under a stone for my wedding. I also wanted to know if I can do the diet myself without joining the website as I have to save money for my expensive wedding!!

Thanks in advance for any info xx

Hello,

I first heard about the dukan diet last year but didn't really look into it. Went on Cambridge diet and lost just over a stone, worked brilliantly but I stopped for a holiday and can't get back to it!! So I told my CDC I wanted a break from it. I was reading my magazine today n read a bit about J Lo n the dukan diet.

I did Atkins a couple of years bk which made me ill and from what I've been reading this is quite similar?(pls correct me if I'm wrong) I'm looking to lose just under a stone for my wedding. I also wanted to know if I can do the diet myself without joining the website as I have to save money for my expensive wedding!!

Thanks in advance for any info xx

hi ...the difference between dukan and atkins is dukan is low fat as well as low carb.....buying the book is a definate...... as for the website we all go on get our true weight off there but rarely has anyone joined , i got all my info on here
make sure you are prepared before you start though thats the biggest problem not having everything including oatbran ready
with this you can feel a bit rough for the first few days then its fine , lots of water and protien and a good weight loss on attack

Nothing to add to the above... If you need any other info, let us know :D

- I had a Dukan break for a month in Jan and didn't lose a bean on Atkins!!

I really don't know whether I should be jumping from one diet to another. I just feel so depressed n down :( I'm so self conscious its a joke I'm not even big but it's become an obsession for me. I can't even eat without feeling guilty n I know that's not normal. I'm gonna think about it n either go bk to cambridge or start this by beginning of next week, I'm just so scared of putting on weight n getting further away from the target.

Does anyone else feel like dieting is taken over their life or am I just a freak for feeling like this?

Hi where can I buy Konjac Noodles here in the UK?? I live in Darlington, Durham!!

Thanks ladies..great info on here...=D

hi google ..japanese kitchen and you can get them delivered from there

I really don't know whether I should be jumping from one diet to another. I just feel so depressed n down :( I'm so self conscious its a joke I'm not even big but it's become an obsession for me. I can't even eat without feeling guilty n I know that's not normal. I'm gonna think about it n either go bk to cambridge or start this by beginning of next week, I'm just so scared of putting on weight n getting further away from the target.

Does anyone else feel like dieting is taken over their life or am I just a freak for feeling like this?
what are your stats ?
i think to do any diet your head has to be ready .....
dukan becomes a way of life its not a quick fix though the attack stage can shift a good amount
im the type of person who hates not to lose on a diet but with dukan its been steady and ive coped with any stalls as its a diet im not starving myself on

No honestly Nas - with your stats, I'd not touch this sort of a diet with a barge pole...

Perhaps have a look at your normal food intake and see where you can make "better choices"... add in some exercise...

Maybe we can help

That's the thing I don't eat unhealthy at all, I've cut down my drinking to once a week as well.
Even on a drastic diet I struggle to lose more then a couple of pounds a week if that! Diets like WW really frustrate me as I would lose only half a pound or 1 pound a week and gain it the following week. It was like torture and i'd be in tears after WI all the time so not doing that again:(

Perhaps it's exercise then that's going to make a difference... you're not overweight, you know that... :D I bet you look great!

The thing is that the diets are aimed at people who are overweight and you are not and so wont see the same results.

Nas - what is it that bothers you about those last few pounds? Is it just the number on the scales or are you unhappy about the shape of your body?

If it is the latter, then exercise may will be the key. Have you tried pilates? Because pilates changes the posture as well as toning muscles people often drop a whole dress size without losing a single ounce in weight.

Yes I look a lot better then a few months ago when i started at 11 stones so I'm def happier but my belly and hefty legs are the issue. I know I need to exercise I've even got a gym membership but I never use it! Just can't motivate myself to go alone I'm such a lazy cow!!
This is why I chose to diet instead.

Its my body I'm not happy with I just want to look my best for the wedding n be able to be happy on the beach on my honeymoon rather then hiding n being miserable.

Nas - I hear you on the excercise front! Gyms are my idea of hell on earth. I can't imagine anything more brain numbing than walking on a treadmill in a sweaty basement listening to 90s pop (I know some people do enjoy it - I just can't).

Luckily I do enjoy swimming - and that can be good for chunky thighs and tums.

And I love walking - can wander around the city for hours with my ipod on, just looking at stuff (and drinking coffee).

I'm trying pilates on Tuesday with a work friend, it's more money on top of my already existing gym membership near my house but to be honest I don't mind spending a lot more to lose this weight. I have paid for enough useless treatments!!

I bought this treatment off the groupon site for a treatment called velashape. It reduces cellulite n also make u lose some weight. Let's see if it works! Anyone tried it?

I had a gym induction recently (luckily i dont pay for it as still not been back) and the trainer who did it runs outside classes for all abilities which look quite fun/different and at £5 a time no big loss if not enjoyed. Maybe theres something similar where you are.

Back