Need to lose 10 stone at the very least!

Try not to worry about it too much. Although steroids are generally known for inducing weight gain. Getting yourself well again is the most important thing.

I had a nasty chest infection a couple of months ago and dropped 24lbs in just over two weeks. Sometimes the infections and the treatment burn up large amounts of cals.

Losing all that weight so quickly was a bit scary though.

My problem was I couldnt drink properly and I had thyroid cancer a few years back so i have to take these pills so they gave me loads of synthoid and glucose both not good for the diet. I have to take the synethtic thyroid for the rest of my life as they removed it but unlike a underactive one, literally no thyroid production and I just gain weight so quick :( The doctor said with the steroids, glucose and thyroid medication lapse it was likely there would be a small weight gain. I actually tried to get out of the glucose stuff at the time as I have PCOS so a bit inslin resistant but he was having none of it. Weight is Wednesday ie tomorrow not today like I said in the previous post. I am dreading it.
I hope you are doing better. Thanks for the support this forum and users like you have been really helpful on the days my mood gets really low.

Well done on your loss, and dond glad you seem to be on the mend, don't worry about a little gain if you have one atm just get yourself 100% again.

So it was the moment of truth. I am guessing because I have been pretty good post this I have pretty much STS. So no loss this week and .2 of a gain. Better than I expected but still upset to see it on the scales. Dr was impressed as they thought I would have had a small gain. Seeing my endocrinologist, hopefully my blood test results will mean I do not need to go back to my oncologist. I am not expecting a huge loss next week as my meds and counts are still a bit off but, a small loss would be nice. I am actually starting to feel much better physical wise too.

You shouldn't feel depressed, you know, in the grand scheme of things a .2lb gain will barely show up as a bump on the road. Just get back to training when you can.

Looks like I did too much. I felt terrible yesterday and when I went to the doctor he upped my meds. And he said if I get worse I am going back to the hospital. So on the sofa feeling like rubbish :(

Just had my weigh in and feeling lots better as I am -4lbs. I was exactly on 20 but now I have definatly left them :)

I have had a funny few days. Very stressful and yet this time probably the first time in my life it has not encouraged me to over eat at all. Now I am getting well enough after that awful infection to exercise more, I am sure it has helped my mood. I think this weight loss journey has not just been good to my phyiscal but my mental health too. As it has made me thnk more about things and dimish the cycle of feeling low = eating lots of unhealthy food.

Woke up this morning in a good mood which is rare. And turns out I had every reason to be just had weight -7.5. I am so pleased. Part of it was coming off the steroids from the infection I am sure but all the same I am very happy bunny. I had very little to eat 2 days in the week hope that wont haunt me come next weigh in. There I go again looking for a problem when there is not one. 2.5lbs away from 19 dead on :)

I lost 3lbs this week. I just left the 19s. Only by .5lbs but I still left them. Been a not so good week as my ex has turned up at the pool I swim at and basically, I have to now drive to another which further out so I do not see him. As hes not a very nice person.

Well done on your loss this week hun! :) That sucks about your ex. It's best to avoid them ex partners, they aren't worth it. x

Well done on your loss this week hun! :) That sucks about your ex. It's best to avoid them ex partners, they aren't worth it. x
Yeah we had a very nasty history. The pool further out is having refurbs grr. So glad my cross trainer is arriving beginning of next week. For the next couple of months I will just use that and and walk. With the weather getting hotter it will be easier to do that instead anyway. Then when the refurb is done I will add swimming back in.

Hi there just read through your post, you are doing fantastic and you should be so proud of yourself, you are an inspiration for me, I started weight watchers last Monday weighing in at 23st 4lb my heaviest ever, managed to lose 10lbs in my first week which has boosted me to get this weight off once and for all. I look forward to reading how you get on with the rest of your journey xx

Hi there just read through your post, you are doing fantastic and you should be so proud of yourself, you are an inspiration for me, I started weight watchers last Monday weighing in at 23st 4lb my heaviest ever, managed to lose 10lbs in my first week which has boosted me to get this weight off once and for all. I look forward to reading how you get on with the rest of your journey xx

Thanks. 10lbs is an amazing weight loss to kick you off on your journey. I know what you mean by starting when you are at your heaviest weight. I was at mine when I started. I got into the habit of comfort eating and resigning myself to being big. I did not get on scales because I was terrified. So when I did once, I realised I had enough. Be nice to shrink with you :)

xMariex said:
Thanks. 10lbs is an amazing weight loss to kick you off on your journey. I know what you mean by starting when you are at your heaviest weight. I was at mine when I started. I got into the habit of comfort eating and resigning myself to being big. I did not get on scales because I was terrified. So when I did once, I realised I had enough. Be nice to shrink with you :)

That would be really good we can spur each other on!! Xx

Hi girls - been reading this thread and it's totally inspired me!!! It's great to hear how others have been at that beginning stage and have survived to tell the tale and are positively thriving. Keep at it :D

Back