Need to lose 6st

I just have no off swith when it comes to eating, pretty much the reason I have 6 st to lose! Lol. So I'm thinking at least with slimming world on my NFD I can eat like a pig and still lose weight. Lol. It's weird how I can stick to a fast but once I eat something I can't stop eating!

Know this has been a problem I developed a few years back! Had a lot of badness going on in life and compensated by stuffing my face. lol. I am now back to 'normal' whatever that is. Just listen to my tummy!! Good luck with it, I think you will be OK once you get used to fasting. :)

Ugh messed up my fast today. What's wrong with me! :-( Anyway I've decided enough is enough and on Tuesday I'm going back to slimming world group which I left a year ago (and now weigh at least 7lb more than I did this time last year). Feel like such a failure.

Hi Jean, just seen that you've joined the Quarterly Challenge :) and here to offer you support and someone to chat to.
For starters, you're not a failure. I put weight on this week and felt exactly like that on Friday, I'd done a fast day followed by a day at under 1,000 and a day just over 1,000 and still put on 2lb. I was straight off to stuff my face as the whole thing seemed pointless.

Have you seen @buffy3256 's diary? It's worth reading as she offers a lot of good advice and has done so well with her weight loss.After some support and advice from buffy3256 I'm now re-focused and ready to face Feb with a new mind set.

When I was doing my fast day I was constantly thinking about food which made it harder to stick to. I also think it's harder to fast at this time of year as it's so cold.
I've started my diary up 3 times as I keep jumping plan to plan and failing each time, I think what I've learnt through support on here is to find a plan you like and stick to it. I started out on CC, jumped to SW (and lost 1st 10lb) weight stalled & then I put on so jumped back to CC then last week did the fast and then spiralled out of control.
I've chosen to do CC to get my portion sizes back under control. I like SW but started eating more than I should as the recipes said free, so I'd eat it all though meant for 4, plus I'd eat way too many "free" snacks, when in fact if you CC them they were around 100cals I was eating. I do like SW though and cook a lot of their recipes.

If SW has worked for you in the past, stick with it and going back to group is a good idea. @Trefoil 's diary is also good, she’ s on SW and posts pics of her daily food, I often followed the type of food she was eating.

You can do it Jean, we can cheer each other on along the way X

Know this has been a problem I developed a few years back! Had a lot of badness going on in life and compensated by stuffing my face. lol. I am now back to 'normal' whatever that is. Just listen to my tummy!! Good luck with it, I think you will be OK once you get used to fasting. :)

Hello Solange x

Thanks so much for your comment @Tibbs it means so much. I just can't believe my life is controlled my food! It's ridiculous. I usually lose weight quite quickly on SW, I usually lose a stone in 6 weeks or thereabouts and then think I can do this alone now and end up falling off plan within a fortnight. This has happened like 5 times! I think now I realise I really do need the support from a group and will keep attending. I like the idea of Fasting but I end up binging the next day so it's counter productive for me.
I'll check out those diaries in a mo :)
Thanks for the support! :)

I get what you say about your life being controlled by food. Same here, mention the word diet and I'm constantly thinking about food! If I'm not thinking of eating it I'm looking for recipes to cook it!
SW sounds perfect for you if you manage to lose weight on it, as you say, you need the support of a group. I toyed with the idea of joining a group when I realised my try at SW was getting a bit out of control but never got around to going. I was also thinking of only doing the online SW but it's sooo expensive and everything they offer is available on here & blog sites anyway. I do like the SW approach to food as think it's easy to eat "normal" food that the whole family can have.
It was a good idea to join the quarterly challenge, it helps to keep you motivated. Each time I've gained I've felt like giving up, but then I look and see that I'm not the only one struggling and at the ones that are losing and it helps to keep me going. Even to only lose a tiny little one pound, it's one pound better off than on. I follow Ruth (trefoil) and she's put on 9lb after being poorly and being off plan, she's always so determined to get to her target weight loss and she's definitely worth following, especially now as it'll help motivate you too.
Any plans for the day? It's lovely and sunny here (Newcastle) and looks like a lush spring day...but freezing cold!
Enjoy your day X

Thanks for the support. I just can't wait to walk back into slimming world on Tuesday now. I tried to stick to SW by myself today and messed up eating burger king and sweets. :-/ I definitely need the group!

So I joined slimming world today for the last time. I'm so glad I did, I feel a million times more motivated than I have for the whole of this month. It's so nice to walk into a room and know every single person there is going through the same thing and there is no judgment. I signed up to a 12 week challenge to keep myself motivated. I reckon I could easily lose 1.5 stone in 12 weeks if I stick to the plan, so that's my first goal.

So I joined slimming world today for the last time. I'm so glad I did, I feel a million times more motivated than I have for the whole of this month. It's so nice to walk into a room and know every single person there is going through the same thing and there is no judgment. I signed up to a 12 week challenge to keep myself motivated. I reckon I could easily lose 1.5 stone in 12 weeks if I stick to the plan, so that's my first goal.

Brilliant, you sound very positive x

Ugh so annoyed at myself today. I did really well and then went and had a Danish pastry my daughter didn't like, rather than throwing it in the bin like I should have! So I've ended up having 20 extra syns today! Well, I've cleaned my teeth and have promised myself just to drink water for the rest of the evening and hopefully no harm done. I've been working towards my bronze award and have planned lots of walking for tomorrow so hopefully this will help me lose weight too.

I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and it looks like I've lost a pound. My weigh in day isn't until Tuesday but I'm feeing hopeful now. I've been going over my syns every day though by about 5...but my meals have been free and I've been walking loads so not beating myself up over it. I've just got to work harder changing my habits. I've already done so well since I have crisps in the cupboard for the kids and I haven't even though about eating a bag. I've also noticed I'm getting fuller eating my normal meals,eg I had weetabix for breakfast this morning and I am so full, whereas this time last week I'd happily carry on eating. So heading in the right direction! Going out for lunch and drinks with my friend tomorrow and have planned a meal for 6 syns from the menu and I'll have vodka with diet coke instead of wine.

Stuck to my syns allowance today, took me 4 days but finally did it. I have also been making more of an effort to have speed foods. It's a real challenge for me as I don't really eat vegetables but I'm going to change all that.

I've had such a rubbish day. My friend spent the whole time we were out for 4 hours talking about how I need to lose weight and how huge I am and if I don't lose weight I can't be a bridesmaid (which was said as a joke but I'm thinking behind every joke is an element of truth). Just came home and had 3 freddos taking me 6 syns over today, basically confirming everything she said about how fat I am. Just feel like rubbish. Trying not to comfort eat because I have weigh in on Tuesday and feel so judged by everyone.

Goodness me Jean, some friend she is! It's certainly not helpful telling someone that they are huge and that you can't be a bridesmaid unless you lose weight. It just seems a very unkind thing for a friend to say, even if she was joking. It's very hurtful and straight away it made you comfort eat.
It hasn't confirmed she's right, it's confirmed you need people around you that will support you, not put you down (even if she thought it said in fun or to help you)
You are doing something about losing weight because you feel the time is right, therefore you shouldn't feel like rubbish. You have been trying hard and you have been doing fine.
Don't beat yourself up over those pesky Freddos, 6 syns aren't too bad. Don't just think of it as a fail. How many syns are you allowed? 15 or 10? Whatever, why not deduct 3 syns each day for next 2 days to get you back in line?
I was doing SW from home before Christmas and had a SYN tin. Each Monday I'd put syns to the value of 70syns in my tin to eat as and when I wanted. I could eat the lot on a Monday if I wanted, but once they were gone that was it for the week.
I've no will power at all if chocolate in the house, but this tin worked for me as I could just dip in it without feeling down on myself. I always seemed to slow down on eating it as well after scoffing 3 on the trot & usually had some left at the end of the week.
Don't feel judged, look back to yesterday and you posted you had lost 1lb on your sneaky WI. You're doing well X

Thanks for your kind reply. :) I suffer with depression and have been dealing with intrusive thoughts all night, and woke up this morning and my 2 year old grabbed me and gave me a big kiss. Even if the rest of the world thinks I'm huge my children love me for just being me. :) I'm going to try and focus on good things about myself and not the number on the scale.
My weigh in is tomorrow, I'm going to stay focused today and am really looking forward to group tomorrow to be around like-minded people.
That's a really good idea about the syns jar. I may do that if I continue going over my syns allowance, hopefully I'll stick to my 15 syns a day next week and can break some of these bad habits.
Thanks for your reply. :)

I understand the depression thing and how bad throw away remarks can make you feel. How lovely to wake up to a morning kiss from your 2yr old :) brilliant start to your day.
Why not set yourself a couple of short term goals instead of one big one.
Example: lose 4lb... Done:), ( btw you have lost the equivalent of a steam iron and a football!); next target lose 2lb.
If you feel like reaching for Freddo number 2, bite the little rascals head off, eat that and snap his body up to share with your kids. (There's something about those Freddos they just scream out Eat Me, I can't have them in the house)
Give yourself nice little achievable baby steps so you can see that you can get there.
On with the I can do it pants, big smile and off to face your I will smash it day :) Have a good one X

Thank you so much for your support. :) Definitely have my I can do it pants on today and not going to let one person's comments throw me off. I'm aiming for 3lb then I'll reward myself with a manicure or something like that. Thanks. :)

Yay, that's the way :) ooo and your manicure treat sounds lush x

Back