Need to lose 6st

Lost 1.5lb so 10.5lb in 7 weeks which I'm so happy with. Today was week 7 and this is my 5th attempt at SW and I usually quite 4-6 weeks so this is the longest I've ever stuck to any diet ever. Really proud of myself.

Jean, you are doing sooooo well! Fantastic and lets see it carry on!! That is so good to see. Wow, 10 1/2 lbs that is a lot of blubber....21 lbs of butter or lard. I always think of it like that. It spurs me on. Hugs. :D

Good result Jean, you're doing great x

So my 12 week countdown ended last week at slimming world and I lost 11.5lb in total. I know 11.5lb is good but I'm not very happy with it. I know I can lose weight quicker than that but my heart just hasn't been in it. Over the past 12 weeks I've dealt with really bad intrusive thoughts and anxiety all over my weight. I know for so many people being weighed every week is motivation for them, but for me it has been hell. I've decided to go to alone. I'm going to see how I do over May. If I don't lose I will rejoin because at least I was losing overall, but for my mental health I will try and do it alone.
So, I have been keeping track of my food in mfp app and my main problem area is definitely snacks. I ate 1000 calories in snacks yesterday! :-0 So my plan now is to eat 5 small meals a day instead of snacking.
My plan for today is:
Breakfast - pear & apple
Mid morning - weetabix (a&b)
Lunch - fruit salad
Dinner - spaghetti bolognaise
Supper - porridge using milk and sweetener (13 syns)
I am also doing a workout at home in a minute for 40 mins, and I will take the kids for a walk and to the park this afternoon.
It's my eldest daughter's birthday this weekend and we are going away for a couple of nights, so my meals may not be on plan those days but with all the extra walking I'm confident I should have a loss this week.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. I too suffer from anxiety and the thoughts that go with it. Most of the time its just worry. It's best to talk about it to friends and family and on here rather than keep it bottled up. My anxiety goes when I have something to look forward to or when I achieve goals. You can set a routine which isnt food related. I tend to think about food if im bored. Planning meals is a good idea like what you've done. Also you should acknowledge your achievements that you've made so far don't say to yourself that you've failed or that you can't do it because you can, its just taking a bit longer. I too kept thinking i couldnt do things because at the moment I havnt got a job but you just have to keep going. Im hoping to go to college in September to broaden my prospects. I also kept saying to myself that I couldnt lose the weight and that I didnt care in the past. It lead to me being a bit overweight and then going in circles, trying diets losing some weight and then giving up and going back to the beginning. I plan my meals now and im a lot happier. Sometimes I fall off the wagon but I try not to tell myself that I cant do it.

Thanks for the reply. You're right it need to concentrate on how well I've done rather than thinking about how long it's taking. I am trying to tell myself that I'm not defined by the number on the scales, but let's face it in the society we live in where being slim as a woman is everything it's hard to accept yourself for who you are.
I'm still meal planning and I've upped my workout to increase strength training as I hate Cardio but really enjoy toning exercises, even though they burn like hell. Lol. And I've been drinking loads of water and eating more fruit and vegetables than I used to. So even though my weight loss is going slowly, I know I am still healthier than I used to be which is a good thing.
I've decided to start again and give myself 2 cheat days per week for this month with the aim to cut it down to 1 by next month. At the moment I am going off plan about 5 days per week!!! So cutting it down to 2 should see a weight loss and I can go from there. Just little steps but I'll still get to my goal one day.
Thanks again for the reply. :)

I'm glad I could help and that your still focused.

Cheat days sounds good to me. I tend to go with the flow and tend to cheat a bit too.

Hi everyone. So I'm back again, 1lb away from my starting weight. :oops:
I'm feeling really determined and motivated though and I'm going to lose this weight now. I'm back on slimming world but following from home. I'm going to concentrate on losing just half a stone to start and am going to reward myself with a pair of shoes once I get to my target. I have my first night out since my youngest was born 3 years ago in October and want to look my best.

These are my before shots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-26-08-27-49-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-26-08-27-49-1.png
    690 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2017-08-26-08-28-03-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-26-08-28-03-1.png
    809.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2017-08-26-08-28-16.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-26-08-28-16.png
    716.4 KB · Views: 12
Day 1 and I've stuck to it all day! Really proud of myself! I've had my full 15 syns, also loads of speed food and my healthy extras. I feel confident in can do the same tomorrow.

Hi Jean, good to see you back .. And how brave are you posting photos of yourself, I wouldn't have the nerve to do that. I have been so totally out of control latelyo_O I'm not far off my start weight last October:confused:i was doing so well and then bam, all haywire! My head's still not in the game properly but hoping to have my positive head back on next week. Good luck x

Thanks for the support everyone. :)
@Tibbs I was the same, my head just wasn't in it for months. I kept saying that myself, I'll start again tomorrow, but by midday I'd already fallen off the wagon and thought, sod it I'll start again tomorrow. It's just impossible to diet whilst your heads not in the game. I really hope you start to feel better soon, that's more important than losing weight. :) Also the reason I posted those pics is because that was like my wake up call. I was on holiday this month and the hotel had full length mirrors everywhere in the room. I couldn't deny to myself how big I'd gotten (at home I only have a small mirror in the bathroom as I got rid of my big mirrors when I gained all the weight). I decided to take pics so if I thought I'm not that big, I had pics to show me otherwise. I also took pics of my face because my neck is really big and I've got sleep apnoea because of it, but I didn't post those for anonymity.​

So this week I went off plan sunday-Tuesday, but then I gave my head a shake and got back on plan since Wednesday. I've lost 3lb this week, which is good considering! I am allowing myself to have a few treats today as I'm going out for lunch with my friend, and will be back on it tomorrow fully committed and I'm hoping for a better losses next week.

Well done on the loss, from reading your diary you seem to be doing something similar to me though I'm limiting the number of treats themselves rather than having cheat days.

Best of luck for next week!

Back