Needed somewhere to share...

Alex88

I've been dieting for nearly 3 weeks now, today is day 19. I'm not following any well known diet, just one I've constructed myself! It's very low calorie but high protein and I don't very often find myself hungry, despite being a huge eater previously.

I know nothing about nutrition but I have been scientific about my food choices.

I do no excercise and work in an office.

My starting weight was 17st 4 (242lbs). Today I weigh 16st 2 (226lbs) so I've lost 16lb in 19 days with the most strenous activity I've done being walking around the supermarket.

My inspiration to start dieting was watch the "Biggest Loser". After seeing the contestants working so hard but getting such poor results I wanted to prove that if you really think carefully about what you're eating, you shouldn't have to sweat, and that your BMR can do the work.

So far, my scientific diet is working :) I just wanted somewhere to share, so will update once a week. Best of luck to everyone else!

Yeah, congratulations!! That's really good.

Wow, that is a fantastic weight loss :) Be proud!! I hope that your diet continues to work well for you and that it may inspire others to try it :)

That's really good! I think high protein is the key... Thats why i started cs... I could have done it with just food but thought id take this easier option for a few days! What sort of calories are you consuming in a typical day?? I can't decide whether I should calorie count my snacks and dinner xxx

That's really good! I think high protein is the key... Thats why i started cs... I could have done it with just food but thought id take this easier option for a few days! What sort of calories are you consuming in a typical day?? I can't decide whether I should calorie count my snacks and dinner xxx

Better late than never. You're right, protein is definitely key. I have been dieting for 6 weeks and 2 days now and have lost 30lbs. (BMI down to 26.5 from 30) I still haven't really done any proper exercise other than walking. I tend to consume around 1100-1300 calories per day and I'd say around 50% of these calories are from protein rich food. In answer to your question, you should definitely count your calories. Find out what your BMR is and make sure you're well within it each day. Let me know if you want any tips :) Best of luck.

Back