Needed somewhere to share...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alex88, 5 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Alex88

Alex88 New Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(13.64%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I've been dieting for nearly 3 weeks now, today is day 19. I'm not following any well known diet, just one I've constructed myself! It's very low calorie but high protein and I don't very often find myself hungry, despite being a huge eater previously.

I know nothing about nutrition but I have been scientific about my food choices.

I do no excercise and work in an office.

My starting weight was 17st 4 (242lbs). Today I weigh 16st 2 (226lbs) so I've lost 16lb in 19 days with the most strenous activity I've done being walking around the supermarket.

My inspiration to start dieting was watch the "Biggest Loser". After seeing the contestants working so hard but getting such poor results I wanted to prove that if you really think carefully about what you're eating, you shouldn't have to sweat, and that your BMR can do the work.

So far, my scientific diet is working :) I just wanted somewhere to share, so will update once a week. Best of luck to everyone else!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Well done . X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. binnybee3

binnybee3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Yeah, congratulations!! That's really good.

5. xnickyfitchx

xnickyfitchx ♥ Bride - to - be ♥

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Wow, that is a fantastic weight loss :) Be proud!! I hope that your diet continues to work well for you and that it may inspire others to try it :)

6. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Member

That's really good! I think high protein is the key... Thats why i started cs... I could have done it with just food but thought id take this easier option for a few days! What sort of calories are you consuming in a typical day?? I can't decide whether I should calorie count my snacks and dinner xxx

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Congratulations. You are doing very well

Irene xx

8. Alex88

Alex88 New Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(13.64%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Better late than never. You're right, protein is definitely key. I have been dieting for 6 weeks and 2 days now and have lost 30lbs. (BMI down to 26.5 from 30) I still haven't really done any proper exercise other than walking. I tend to consume around 1100-1300 calories per day and I'd say around 50% of these calories are from protein rich food. In answer to your question, you should definitely count your calories. Find out what your BMR is and make sure you're well within it each day. Let me know if you want any tips :) Best of luck.

9. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Wow, well done! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.