Nefertari's Final Fat Fighting Chance

It's the weekend, wooooo! :bliss:

Had a peek at the scales this morning and I've hit the stone off mark :D official weigh in is Monday so hoping for 2lbs more. Week 2 is always a slow one for me.

I'm really surprised at how focused I am - I work in an office and there is always food being offered round. I've turned down cake, bread rolls, crisps, cake bars, chocolate, nuts, fruit, and biscuits this week and not even minded saying no. Go me!

Day 13 today and the scales are definitely on the move. I'm finding daily weighing is really helping me. It's 3lbs so far which is what I wanted this week so I'm dead chuffed. Will weigh in officially in the morning.

Going back to the gym tomorrow. Not sure how it will go as just walking to the bus stop each morning makes my calves ache and I feel exhausted. Will see how it goes. Won't go mad but if it's too much, I'll freeze my membership and just go for walks as exercise until I feel a bit stronger. I know you shouldn't do too much on this diet. I hate the gym anyway - would rather exercise outside!

How's everyone else getting on? X

Day 13 today and the scales are definitely on the move. I'm finding daily weighing is really helping me. It's 3lbs so far which is what I wanted this week so I'm dead chuffed. Will weigh in officially in the morning. Going back to the gym tomorrow. Not sure how it will go as just walking to the bus stop each morning makes my calves ache and I feel exhausted. Will see how it goes. Won't go mad but if it's too much, I'll freeze my membership and just go for walks as exercise until I feel a bit stronger. I know you shouldn't do too much on this diet. I hate the gym anyway - would rather exercise outside! How's everyone else getting on? X

It's a tricky one re. Exercise as I have seen it slow down losses before!! But obviously in the long run it is a healthy choice. I have put a question mark as to whether to return to my bootcamp classes in November... Maybe go for the day and think it over based on how you feel?

It's a tricky one re. Exercise as I have seen it slow down losses before!! But obviously in the long run it is a healthy choice. I have put a question mark as to whether to return to my bootcamp classes in November... Maybe go for the day and think it over based on how you feel?

Yeah, that's a good idea. If hate it to slow down my losses but I want to get into the habit too. I'll see how I feel after tomorrow. Thinking just 20mins on the bike and then some light weights to tone up

Yeah, that's a good idea. If hate it to slow down my losses but I want to get into the habit too. I'll see how I feel after tomorrow. Thinking just 20mins on the bike and then some light weights to tone up

I read up about it a fair bit a year or so ago... And the info I found seems to show that anything high intensity would actually be far more likely to cause muscle breakdown for energy rather than fat. Because the body needs the energy so quickly and we can break down proteins faster than body fats, and obviously we aren't getting our energy from food to supply high intensity workouts. So basically low intensity is best and weighs would be great to maintain muscle mass. At the moment all I do is 25 squats each time I visit the loo!! But one way to get them in and they probably add up to well over 100 per day!!!!

Wow you hit the stone well done you must be chuffed. Well done !

I always am tempted by the exercise thing but am going to wait a bit always makes me hungry and I really don't want to stall the losses. I walk the dog and work in a cafe on my feet for 9 hrs a day up and down stairs so reckon that's enough at the mo. When I'm further along I might try but don't want to jinx it.

Wow you hit the stone well done you must be chuffed. Well done ! I always am tempted by the exercise thing but am going to wait a bit always makes me hungry and I really don't want to stall the losses. I walk the dog and work in a cafe on my feet for 9 hrs a day up and down stairs so reckon that's enough at the mo. When I'm further along I might try but don't want to jinx it.

Oh yeah I forgot about the hunger!!! I think it's why I kept failing to start this diet before I was exercising and having 3-4 packs a day... So my body rebelled!!

Don't blame it! When you think of the amount of calories we are having and just going about our days then if you exercise as well I think it is quite alot to ask a body!!

Don't blame it! When you think of the amount of calories we are having and just going about our days then if you exercise as well I think it is quite alot to ask a body!!

Very true!

Ahh that's so motivating!! I had a dream that I could suddenly fit into my old size 8 jeans! ...one can dream!!!

Wow it's dropping off! Are you doing daily weighing just for the start or do you always do it?

Just having a nosey through your diary, well done you're doing fab :) x

Back