Nefertari's Final Fat Fighting Chance

Welcome back Gem and Happy New Year!

Good luck with WI tomorrow and with your future plans of having a baby.

Thank you, Mini!

Day 8 and it's WI day! I 'treated' myself to a Lifestyle day yesterday so had 3 packs and two hard boiled eggs. It felt like a treat but still on plan.

I weighed this morning and lost 12.25lbs! So happy with that and it takes me into the next stone down which is great. Hoping to hit 1st loss this week so that's only 1.75lbs. I can do this!

Another good day under my belt (just kidding - I'm too fat for a belt 😂)! 100% on plan and feeling good!

I'm thinking about switching to a keto diet soon as I need to change the way I deal with food and avoiding it completely is not going to help me do that. A keto diet seems a good option as it will help me cut the sweet stuff and still maintain good losses by being low carb.

I have 3 weeks of packs left so I will reassess when I get through those but I feel positive that this is a good option for me. Unless I fall pregnant in the meantime, that is!

Hi Mini,

I'm okay, how are you?

I'm just reflecting on why I'm at this stage again.

Just read back through my whole diary and I'm so angry at myself for having to go on this stupid diet again! I'm determined this will be the last time.

The big losses attract me but the crux of it is that I need to change my lifestyle. I don't exercise. I rarely do over 3000 steps a day which is disgraceful. I go whole weeks without eating a single vegetable or piece of fruit. How did I end up this way?

I had a really bad time the latter part of 2016 and the beginning of 2017. I was put through a horrible ordeal at work. I caught a bad cold and ended up deaf (blocked eustachian tubes) with a hacking cough for about 4 months. I strained my intercostal muscles by coughing and ended up in A&E with severe pain (I didn't realise what it was at this point). My husband and I were trying for a baby for over a year to no avail. My periods stopped through stress. I've been prodded and pulled about by doctors and no answers or help.

I just gave up for months. I was depressed and super stressed.

After a while, the trouble at work died down, we bought our forever home and started renovating it. I calmed down and my periods came back (albeit it very irregularly!). I'm now happy again.

However, I ended up over 24st. My highest ever weight. Disgusting.

I'm 33 and I need to make a change. After a Christmas of eating everything in sight, I want to use the VLCD as a jump-start. I want to look at how I deal with food and plan an exercise routine. I'm angry that I'm here again but I'm positive that I can make this change.

Just needed to give myself a pep talk! 🙈

Hi there! Here to follow! Im
On a vlcd too, starting tomorrow. Dreading it but excited for change.

If there were forums like this around years ago when I first started dieting I don't think it would of taken me 30 years to find my happy place.

You can do it and one bit of advice from me is do it now otherwise you will spend years yo yo ing and you don't want to be doing that for the rest of your life..:)

If there were forums like this around years ago when I first started dieting I don't think it would of taken me 30 years to find my happy place.

You can do it and one bit of advice from me is do it now otherwise you will spend years yo yo ing and you don't want to be doing that for the rest of your life..:)

Thank you! I'm definitely trying to do it sooner rather than later. I said I would get to 30 fat but that ship has sailed! X

Have you ever done one before? The first time is always the best. Good luck and thank you for following! X
No it’s my first time. I was raring and ready to go today, took my daughter to nursery, was back for 9.15. They had been and gone. When do they ever deliver that early. So been low carb today and ready to begin Monday.

Day 13! Almost time for weigh in again. Yesterday I did a Lifestyle day and had three packs and a low carb meal (100g tuna steak and 200g of asparagus and sprouts). It was nice to eat something solid and savoury! We have a family member coming to stay next week so I may do a week of Lifestyle so we can all eat together in the evenings. If I can manage that without going off plan, then it's a step forward!

Have a good day everyone x

Day 14!

Goodness, I haven't managed two weeks 100% in forever! I really think being able to have a Lifestyle day when I'm struggling has been the key.

Just hopped on the scales (I can't stay off them!) and I'm almost 5lbs down so it's looking like another good week!

I've started saving keto diet recipes and tips ready for when I change over. I'm not sure when I will be ready but I'll just take it week by week. I know I will have to be strong back on regular food but there seem to be so many great options on keto that I don't think it will be too difficult. I've already cut everything bad out of my diet so I won't get the ketosis headache etc as I've already done that.

I found this cool tool online that calculates how many calories you should have and what percentage of protein, healthy fats, and carbs you should have per day. Mine came out as 1450kcals which is definitely doable without much of a struggle.

I also quite fancy taking up yoga. I know it probably won't help with weight loss but I'm hoping it will keep my stress levels down.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough now. Happy Sunday everyone! X

There are some great yoga dvds on Youtube. Worth a go if you have some spare time. I did yoga when I was pregnant, a dvd and some Youtube relaxation ones. I felt great. Actually it might be good during this diet, I don’t think I’ll have the energy for big workouts.

I think throwing a lifestyle day in is a better option than going off plan. I am thinking the day my daughter is off nursery, looking after her and the baby is exhausting. I get to almost 20k steps by the end of the day. I might struggle and would rather have an extra pack or small low carb meal, then binge on junk.

Back