Nelly's Progress

Humph! Fell of the wagon spectacularly this weekend and as a result I put on 5.5lbs! Eek! I'm also retaining water as I can hardly get my rings on this morning. So back to counting carbs and a lesson learnt.

Oh no - what did you have?

Honestly, you don't want to know. Have to fight off the carb cravings again now, but I can and will. Sigh! I'm such a silly sausage at times.

Its all a learning curve.. the quicker you jump back on the easier to conquer those carb cravings will be.

We all do it... its how we deal with it afterwards that makes the difference. xx

It happens Nic, at least it's proven it, and you'll have learned by it.

I'm sure you'll soon be in the swing of things again and those few extra pounds will drop right off.

I'm feeling slimmer already but not been on the scales yet. Thursday is weigh in day so I'll hold out until then.

Started the day off with a yummy omelette. Still got a migraine though (damn that chocolate - that'll teach me) and feeling a bit fuzzy. I can feel a nap coming on this morning!

oh no hope you are feeling better soon x

does Cheese have the same effect Nic? I'd heard cheese was a real no no for migraine sufferers

Hmm, I wonder what chemical indicator changes once it's heated then.

Got a sore throat and feel sick this morning which is making me feel a bit low. Battling my inner demons now not to comfort eat.

Had scrambled egg for breakfast and was going to walk the dogs for an hour but it's been raining all morning so far and it won't be long before I have to pick up my DD from pre-school. Oh well.

Had my first MIM this morning. Early for me as DH had to leave the house at 5.20 am to get a train to London for a conference for work so our DD decided it was time to get up as Daddy was moving around. Fair enough really but I'm tired already!

So I did a savoury one with a few mixed herbs in it. I had half with butter on and half with some cream cheese on. I preferred it with cream cheese but I can definitely see me making one of these for a homemade burger or put some pizza toppings on.

My outlaws were supposed to be coming down tomorrow but the FIL phoned last night to say he is full of cold and will confirm this morning for definite if they are coming or not (doubtful I think). DD is naturally upset. I'm packing her off to a friends house overnight tonight as our baby sitter let us down. DH won't be back from London until about 9pm and I have my first am dram meeting tonight of the year and as I'm putting myself forward to direct this year I really need to be there. It's all a bit of faff today. And at some point during the day the dogs need walking, I need to have a pre-meeting conflab with the other half of the new (hopefully) directoral time, the house needs hoovering, floors need mopping and I need to go shopping. Anyone want to come and give me a hand?

Phew! I'm worn out just reading your schedule for today!

Is the directing something you've done before?

Nope, never done it. Been reading about it and have been the other side for years (on stage). Our current director isn't the directorial type, doesn't like telling people what to do and didn't set any of the scenes before rehearsals so no-one knew if they were coming or going! She doesn't want to direct or at least take the helm in directing so I think she'll be pretty happy that someone else wants to do it. She seemed so when I spoke to her about it anyway. I'm pretty sure I've found us a Musical Director too.

LOL, now that's an active day Nic, should keep you busy. LOL

so how much for lying on the couch Laura :)

wow laura so as im planning my (pre) spring clean this weekend I should definately have lost some weight by weigh in!

Back