Nelly's Progress

Exactly, Stormy. This is why Atkins is so different, it is not a standard approach of so many calories and so many 'set' meals. We are individuals and our response to certain foods, even to certain carbs, will differ.

Some people can guzzle cheese and others dare not. Some can slug down diet coke - others find that they stall for weeks if they do, or even gain! They say it can set up cravings.

Atkins is about finding what works for YOU. If I try it and find that it works for me, too, then great. If not, well, I need to try something else.

Fantastic way to eat for health and weight loss and of course - what we all dream of - longterm maintenance. Just ask Jim!

Good posts there. Well done peeps.

Hi everyone

We have guests here, they arrived yesterday and not leaving until Saturday afternoon so haven't been able to get on much. Just snuck out here supposedly for 5 mins and that was 20 mins ago! Oops!

Have a stinking cold and feel lousy but staying on track.

Got a pair of size 16 jeans on Monday morning and done up without having to lie down to do it! Had a small muffin top so I shan't be wearing them in public but I was sooooooo chuffed! Scales aren't being kind to me but the inch loss is! It's made me feel really motivated. They are hanging on the outside of the wardrobe so I can keep trying them on.

Lots to organise about the show etc and I have a long list of things to do tomorrow.

Making the most of our visitors and leaving Layla with them on Friday so I can go to the hairdressers for a colour and cut. I'm really looking forward to it.

Fab news Nelly!! I need to start taking measurements as my scales have halted! You'll be in those 16's & heading into the 14's in no time. x

The tape is better than the scales love. Great stuff.

Hello everyone.

Sorry I've been AWOL but I fell back into carbs BIG TIME. Feel awful and put on weight so been back at induction carb levels all weekend and feeling fab again.

Re-worked my menu plan slightly to accomodate low carbs and done an online shop to be delivered on Wednesday. I can't be trusted in a supermarket at the moment I've decided. Also off to Holland and Barrett in the morning for l-carnitine and chromium supplements.

No more messing about, gonna be fat and 40 in August but I'd like to be less fat and 40 IFKWIM!

Hi nelly, welcome back love.

Welcome back Nic - glad to see you back on track. Yes love your profile piccie x

Thanks everyone for the welcome and compliments on my new avatar. I'd had it done at the hairdressers when the photo was taken. My friend bought me some wet to dry straighteners which work brilliantly - hurrah! I don't straighten every day as I don't want to kill my hair so I'm curly today but it's nice to have a change.

You're saying that just to annoy me aren't you Nelly. ;)

lol @ Jim
Are those straighteners that good? I have very naturally curly hair too it takes me ages to blow dry then straighten!

Vicky, they are brilliant. My hair stayed straight for 3 days even though I'd done it myself. If you remember in my old avatar my hair was quite curly. They are by Remington and cost about £40 I think. My friend treated me as when her husband was in Afghanistan from beginning of November to end of January we had her son every other Saturday while she was at work.

aww bless her. Ooh whats the model number on them? yes yours was very curly too.

Back