Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Sounds like you are doing really well Peachy. I am sure Anna will be back on track when she is feeling well again.

I am hoping to receive my copies of the books to read over the weekend and will then be looking to incorporate some of the recipes into my low carb evening meal routine.

I felt terrible on the first few days of my VLCD, but it soon passed. You will forget about carbs soon. You're doing great. Looking forward to seeing what your first weeks loss is like.

Hey you lot... yeah - crap day yesterday- felt better in the afternoon, but then split up with my OH last night out of the blue (i'm buggering off around the world, so felt like the fairest thing, but I'm not happy about it, and he is gutted. Nightmare.)... oh it's one thing after another, so I'm VERY emotional and lost the plot a bit on the choc front. And food in general if I'm honest.

I. AM. STARTING. TOMORROW! I had a Pig to Twig dinner last night (steak with creamy mushroom sauce and brocolli), but alongside the choc and carbs I'd had in the day, it probably did more harm than good!) Will be with you tomorrow chick... just got to get myself back into a focused frame of mind.

Anna xx

Well well this looks like fun.

I also lost the majority of my weight on a VLCD and have maintained quite nicely, have decided however I want to loose some more. Was going to join the low carb thread anyway but then saw this and I have just ordered my books.

Look forward to joining you girls.

T

Sorry to hear about your traumas Anna. Hope things settle down for you soon. It's tough when a relationship breaks up.

We have a weekly weigh in thread on a Friday, don't forget to join it girls. I have found everyone on the low carb forum really helpful and support!

Well its nice to see that you are all still alive.
Thought I was on my own blub blub...........
Anna, sorry about your news but here's to new beginnings!
managed to forget about the carbs, munched on a few peanuts and a pepperami and the cravings subsided.
off shopping tonight, loads of meat!
yum

Are you allowed to have Soya beans on this diet? A friend of mine soaks then and then toasts them and uses them as a snack. Apparently they taste like peanuts. Not sure what the carbs are like though as haven't looked into them yet myself as not allowed them just yet.

Doesn't look good to me Sarah

Food Item: Soy Beans (dry)
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Net Carbs: 5g

Hi girls,
I got the book from the library the other day and have now ordered it, and the cook book from Amazon (so I can scribble notes all over it and it becomes my best friend!!). I have done SW in the past but this IPD really appeals. I'm a bit worried about no wine... Have you bought all those supplements? Are they expensive?
I am hoping to join you doing it but haven't got the supplements yet and there's still wine to finish in the fridge....
I'll kepp you posted...
Good luck everyone x

Doesn't look good to me Sarah

Food Item: Soy Beans (dry)
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Net Carbs: 5g

Thanks Jim. Will be stearing clear of soya beans then!

Hey Freebird...

Wine is a no go in the first two weeks, but then they make the odd allowance... and the supplements aren't the cheapest - I spent about £80 on mine... but you get what you pay for, and I went for the good brands. Not worth scrimping unless you have to... and they will make you feel so much better etc.

I start tomorrow (although just had another Pig to Twig dinner...) it's just the breakfasts that i can't bear the thought of. Hey ho.

Hope you're all ok xx

I'll wait until I've got the supps and start it then and follow it literally by the book - when it arrives! So I've got a couple of days to make lists and make sure I've got everything i need. And make sure that everything I don't need is no longer in the fridge! i.e. the wine :cry:
Good luck to everyone starting out this week and I'll be back soon
x

Morning all,
Well i Feel really strange today, light headed even.
I made Jims curry last night with turkey and have got the same for tea tonight. Was yummy, thanks Jim.
I boughta slow cooker as well last night from Tesco so who can ive me some tasty recipes to make in it?
Lunch is meatballs and salad and breakfast was meatballs with feta and onion muffins (but I don't know why they don't call it quiche?)
Oh well have a good day y'all.
I am off to find recipes for my slow cooker
peachy
x

I remember the light headed dip from when I did Atkins - and you are absolutely on the right day for it - hang in there... you will switch into ketosis any minute and feel on top of the world!

I started this morning with smoked salmon and scrambled egg... just off out now to stock up on some cold meat and nuts... feeling peckish - but am geared up for this, so hopefully I'll do it this time and avoid any more nasty tummy bugs.

Hope your day is getting better chick xx

Yes I remember that feeling as well Anna.

Peachy I posted a Paprikash recipe that's good in a slow cooker, you'd need a little more liquid though.

Jim - where are these recipes you are posting?

I am just munching through my lunch... chicken and prawns with salad and mayo... soooo scrummy!!

xx

Anna,
They are in the Atkins section under "Just Recipes....."
Jims recipes are on the last page, well they were the last time I looked.
Have had lunch now and even though I feel "full" I still feel like there is something missing and my head is really fuzzy now.
One kit kat or toast???????????????? No , No , I will get through this. Talking of which, what is the phrase for the day? Let me have a look.

"You may be dissapointed if you fail, but you are doomed, DOOMED if you don't try"

peachy
x

Ooh,
did i mention that i have 2 friends popping round tonight for a drink and a catch up?
Well they will be drinking and i will be catching up. Just thought I'd better let you know that we could be in for a disaster email tomorrow morning
p
x

ust thought I'd better let you know that we could be in for a disaster email tomorrow morning

let's hope not love.

Ooh,
did i mention that i have 2 friends popping round tonight for a drink and a catch up?
Well they will be drinking and i will be catching up. Just thought I'd better let you know that we could be in for a disaster email tomorrow morning
p
x

It's the weekly weigh in thread update tomorrow, so that should keep you focussed. When others are drinking, I open a bottle of peligrino (sp?) sparkling water. It sounds silly, but as I only drink still at other times, it feels like a real treat. Got the tip from a friend who did LL.

Stay strong for the Friday weigh in. :)

Back