Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

NO chicken!! (Well, chicken - yes... but you know what I mean... I think it bodes well that my pet names for people tend to be protein based... chicken, lamb etc... anyway, I digress...)

You can get through tonight, NO probs... trust me - from what you have said in your posts, you are going through the transition into Ketosis - don't let tonight set you back, or you'll have more of these weird fuzzy days ahead... get into the big K and feel fantastic!! :)

Good luck tonight - you can do it... stay strong!! I'm off to chow down on some prawns... I feel like I've been eating all day! Lol!

Thanks for the info about Jim's recipes - might have to track them down and bookmark them... I think I'm going to get sick of steak with creamy sauce, chicken with creamy sauce etc pretty quick!

A x x x

Morning all! Well, it's day two for me... and to be honest, I am not sure I am doing the right thing... feels identical to Atkins at the moment.. I'm not following the meal plans... but this is what I ate yesterday...

B: Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Egg
L: Prawns & Chicken with salad and mayo
Snacks: Nuts, a Hartley's Sugar Free Jelly, a bit of cheese and a few slices of sliced pork loin.
D: Mince with veggies/tomato sauce served with cauliflower 'rice'.

-----

Today, so far - I've had the same brekkie, some water, and I'm munching on a few nuts at the moment.

Will this work? Should I be being more restrictive? Eating more protein and less nuts etc?

I really need to have a read of the book again I think (I always thought nuts were a no-no?)

Catch you laters alligators! :) x

That looks pretty Atkins friendly to me Anna.

Morning everyone,
No disaster email required this morning.
The girls came round and had wine and nibbles and I sat with fizzy water and a slice of lime. They had nibbles crisps and nuts, I nibbled on some meatballs.
Success.
Sun is shining today and I am really positive. Don't feel fuzzy, in fact I am in a funny, happy mood. Have made everyone in the office laugh this morning by telling various anecdotes and behaving a little silly and now hopefully everyone is in a good mood.
I put the paprikash chicken in my new slow cooker this morning before I left for work so when I get home there should be a lush meal waiting on me.
My lovely boyfriend will be home tonight as well so everything is looking fine. been thinking how much weight I may have lost this week, and am settled that 2lbs would be fine - I would be happy with that because I have done nothing but eat and have been extremely satisfied with what I am eating. If I was on a starvation diet then 2lbs would be really dissapointing for me, but I can't complain can I?
If I lost 2lbs for the next 25 or so weeks then I would be at goal in time to wear skinny clothes in August!
In 4 weeks, I would have lost 8 lbs
In 8 weeks 16 lbs - In time for my first camping weekend of the year
In 12 weeks 24lbs - It'll be May, so hopefully getting warmer, starting to show more flesh?
In 16 weeks 32lbs - Maybe a sleeveless top for summer?
In 20 weeks 40lbs - Definately a sleeveless top for summer
In 24 weeks 48lbs - SUnbathing in the garden - in shorts!!!!!!
And at week 26 I should weigh in at 11.5 stone in time to celebrate our anniversary on August 13th. How exciting
Nothing else to report at the minute.
Signing off
peachy
x

Anna,
I fel exactly the same as I am eating loads, but I have read the book through and through and it says you can eat as much as you want basically as long as you stick to the rules and finish when you are full.
We'll find out on Sunday if it works when I weigh myself
peachy
x

oh and sorry to go on, can't seem to shut up today.
I have been updating my blog if anyone wants to be nosey
peachy
x

Jeez, LOL
Morning Peachy, good news then. :)

I have received the books today so will be having a read over the weekend. I am surprised at how many supplements you have to take. Do you have to take this many on Atkins?

I kind of thought it would be much the same as Atkins, with some good lifestyle friendly recipes thrown in, but will wait to see after I have read through the book. I am drooling over the food that you can eat at the moment and trying to remain focused on my VLCD soup at lunchtime . :D

Do you have to take this many on Atkins?

The only supplements I took on Atkins were some vitamins Sarah. I don't take any now except fish liver oil for my joints.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just because I am eating too much - but I feel a bit sick constantly at the moment... more tummy sick than 'headachey' sick... is that normal in the early days? I can't remember feeling like this on Atkins - it was many years ago!

x

Can't say I ever felt sick Anna.

It's just like I've eaten too much... haha... which means I probably have!! There is a lot less of me than there was before... haha! Will tone it down a bit! x

LOL, maybe you have just eaten to much then Anna.

People in my office had chips.
Not so happy anymore:(

LOL,
Only joking,
I am still really happy. The chips were hard to not sniff especially the vinegar but I got over it. I think I have eaten enough chips anyway to last me a lifetime - hence the reason I am fat.
So am off home to get my chicken paprikash - can't wait.
Have a fab weekend everyone, not sure what I am doing yet? Might go window shopping :)

speak soon - probably in an hour or so via my blackberry.
peachy
x

Are you ready for this:

A good multivitamin without iron
Physllium husks x 2 capsuals - to avoid constipation
Chromium supplement - builds muscle, decreases body fat and can reduce cholestorol
Fish oil supplement
Vitamin B
Vitamin c if you are a smoker
Coenzyme Q10 - boosts energy

It does seem like a lot to me, but they have obviously tried and tested it.

mmmmm, off to the chemist tomorrow to look at the valuepak vitamins and supplements then.
thought this diet was idiot proof ? do they really expect me to take all of those, let alone pay for them LOL

Back