Nervous of posting a food diary

kaynnate19

I was thinking of trying to start posting a food diary on here but im nervous about posting one maybe its because im scared about facing up to how bad things have been lately. Has posting a food diary helped anyone with emotional eating and binging to help get it under control? Or anyone thats gone off track?

Would love to hear your thoughts :)

Hiya!!

I think food diaries are a good idea as long as your 100% honest about everything. Other peoples input it always good. Plus it helps me to write down everything I eat so I can keep track of syns and healthy extras.

I would start one if I was you. I'm not sure if it will help with emotional eating, like if you feel that way a diary won't stop you. But if you write in your journal why you did it people may be able to offer advice.

Thanks for the advice, just now to pluck up the courage to write it down and post :s

Hey, I think a food diary is a good idea! I don't have one at the minute purely as I am waiting on my broadband to be installed and once I can get on to my laptop that's the first thing I will do.

I read other peoples diaries and I think it seems to keep them focused and honest! We can all have bad days, write it on your diary and what triggered it and hopefully you can see where u may go wrong every once in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd definitely post a diary if I were you hun...my diary is the only thing that keeps me on track, as I'm always completely honest about what I've eaten (or drank!), even if I've gone over my syns for the week. It's also nice to get input from other people, or even just chat randomly with people through your diary :) xx

I no longer post a diary on here however I write down on a syn sheet I've made and printed, everything I eat and any drinks with syns. That way I keep track of my syns and healthy extras.

Thanks ladies for all your advice, I've had my first good day in a while today :D so am very pleased and I think I'll give writing a food diary a go it might be a bit shaky at first but once I get used to it I think it'll help, not only that it'll give me another excuse to come on here lol x

Welcome to SW!
Even though I have followed SW for over 1 year I still write a day by day diary and a weekly menu to follow. It's great to check back if a problem occurs or you have an unusual weight loss one week. always write down everything you have, even any "cheats" as your Consultant or members of this forum can then help you.
Remember we are all here for the same reason.......
Pete

Back