Nettie's summer musings

You're doing a great job, well done

Thanks ggmac.

Not a bad day. Jacket potato and cheese with salad for lunch out. Sw spaghetti bolognaise for supper. A bit much wine, a bit much cheese, a Jaffa cake and one square of chocolate for syns - nothing major.

Will prob weigh in at the usual time tomorrow in the end so fingers crossed for a sts or a Small loss over the last fortnight.

Managed to weigh in at my usual group this morning and 1.5lb loss in the last fortnight. Think I have been a bit jammy but have had some good days/meals mixed in with the cheating. Have then had a naughtier day today more in line with what I was expecting over the last few days. Just the one though and hopefully backs on plan tomorrow.

20 min body magic today too so not all bad

1.5lbs...well done. I was naughty last night and I'm hoping I haven't mucked up for WI tomorrow, at the moment I'd be happy to sts

Ggmac - just seen this and assuming you were talking about week 4 in which case well done for losing 1.4lb.

I have not done so well at the end of this week as I did at the beginning :(. I seem to do ok until the afternoon and then once I start cheating I don't seem to stop. Baked brownies with the children yesterday and kept on eating them plus some left over crisps, crackers, ice cream etc

However I am drawing a line and going for a 100% day today and tomorrow. I have some good free food in the fridge now and some proper hexb bread in the cupboard at last. So the plan for the weekend -

Afternoon hungry time - use a hexB and A and a ff yogurt and one 5 syn treat.
Chocolate brownie left overs - cut up and Tupperware them. Weigh out a few 5 syn pieces for myself to first of all eat and secondly look at to stop me from just having a little bit more
catch up on the body magic: one 30 min session for a silver week, two would be a bonus

So far so good today, have followed my plan as above. 30 min sliver body magic done so one week to go. Brownies under control. Afternoon munchies as planned. Just have to negotiate supper now. Possible barbeque tonight - will look in the sw magazine for a recipe.

Yay! A 100% day. The jerk chicken from August's magazine was really good.

A 16 syn day

Not bad at all. :)

Lots of Olympics on tv - no extra body magic for me. Never mind.

Off to my target member mother's house for next week. Should be ok although she is a bit of a feeder!

Also Olympic park on Tuesday with the world's biggest McDonald's.

Will weigh in some time during the week at mum's group. Will practice damage limitation.

Definately will qualify for my silver body magic award next week.:)

Well I have managed the silver body magic award by swimming this week so that is one part of my plan complete :D

I didn't make it to an official weigh in but recreated the conditions on mum's bathroom scales and it looks like a half pound gain :(

Easily explained by my eating of pizza, ice cream and cakes :eek: Entirely my doing and unnecessary.

I have had some good sw meals and today has started well. I need to drive home this afternoon. Away again on Monday.

4 100% days ahead of me :D

oh dear I am feeling like a bit of a fraud on here - another bad day yesterday. I just seem to be in bingy mode at the moment and I need to snap myself out of it. At least Thursday was a good day.
I had another baking with the children crisis yesterday. But they like baking it seems a shame not to be able to do it. Maybe we should make marmite cake and then I wouldn't be tempted. Or slimming world half syn cake.

Right well back on the wagon today I suppose.

Also my trip away next week has been cancelled so I can weigh in at my usual group on Wednesday and (try to) get back on track.
:break_diet:

I have four days to turn things around until weigh in - come on girl - A club 10 award awaits me! :):):)

Also I now need to commit to gold standard body magic for the next 8 weeks - feels a bit daunting........

Not a bad day yesterday. No honk as I didn't measure my syns exactly but just some chicken skin, gravey (made with only powder), a few crackers and 3 or 4 small spoonfuls of ice cream. May or may not have even come in under the 15.

Scales looking good this morning :D

No reason why I can't be 100% today and tomorrow (keep saying this I know but that is the only way!)

now to start the gold body magic award - print out my record sheets, update my signature here, do some exercise!

Oh also my test size 14 trousers (quite old so probably smaller than todays size 14s) are fitting this morning - hooray!!!!!!!!

:wee:

Well I have fiddled around printing out fit logs, I have updated the signature but have I done any exercise? I suppose the answer is not yet. I think I am feeling too daunted at keeping it up for 8 whole weeks and always doing the five sessions. Need to think about just this week and in fact just today. Half an hour is not that long......

Good food day today though. :D:D

Day one gold body magic complete! :character00115: :)

A good day today.

Another 30 min body magic towards gold

15 syns :)

Yummy supper of grilled spicy chicken, paprika potato wedges and spicy broccoli

Weigh in tomorrow :cross:

Last edited:
Yay - I got my club ten and in fact am a pound below it. Also got my shiney silver body magic certificate. :D:D

Managed to stay to group with the children today also which has given my motivation a bit of a boost. Stocked up on hifi bars. Tried half a chocolate and orange one today which was yummy. Just the mint and lemon left to try now. Out to lunch but jacket potato, feta and roasted veg. Bit of oil for a hexb and cheese hexa. Resisting pudding in the form of chocolate brownie!

I am sure I can keep up the good work this week till Sunday. Am going away again next mon - fri and then home for the rest of the summer. Will be pleased to maintain the club 10 but will aim for under 10 st 9 lb for the first weigh in of September (10st7lb would be an amazing bonus as I said at the beginning of the diary but not sure I will get there).

3 more half hour session of exercise to do this week.

30 min body magic done :checkmark:
Good day, not 100% due to lunch out with unmeasured cheese and oil.
Estimated syns below 15 :checkmark:

Yay!

Feeling a bit better about the gold body magic now I have started. Just need to get on with it.

Oh dear a few left over pizza crusts today. Comes of taking the children to Pizza Hut. Few other bits and bobs too. On the bright side I have drawn a line this evening and not used it as an excuse to binge more. No body magic yet but I will have a go at my Zumba DVD in a minute. Trying to start getting on top of the house too and thinking about flylady routines - a reasonable day from that point of view :).

A good on plan day today :D

Have made some magic porrage for breakfast tomorrow so feeling organised

Just one more 30 minute cardio session to do this week, might go and get it done now.

Last edited:
Yay - week one gold body magic done. If I get through the 8 weeks I will feel like I have really acheived something. Might have to frame the certificate! Will be harder next week as am going away but still only half an hour x 5. I might try to do 20 - 30 min toning before I go, cardio when away then finish off the toning when I get back.

Back