New and Improved Bee's Diary on SW

Hi lovely,

Just came to your thread so sub and returning the favor :) It's been amazing reading through your journey and watching you in the 12's wanting to get into the 11's and then watching you smash the 11's into the 10's... it's inspirational and it's your journey and it's been a pleasure to get to read it. I think we all have to find our path to get to our goal and sadly, they aren't always straight. As you know from reading mine I started at 24 stone and got down to 19 and then came off plan for almost 6 months and went back upto 22 stone and I've still got a long way to go to even get down to what I was before BUT beyond that is another road which I can't wait to take which will take me to the 18's and then the 17's and then uphil to the 16's and I'm not sure where else my journey will take my while I'm on route but I'm going to keep going anyway :)

I don't know alot about eating disorders but the very fact you are here, signed up and posting means you're trying and that's a start right? :)

Looking forward to taking this journey with you beautiful :) xxx

Hi lovely,

Just came to your thread so sub and returning the favor :) It's been amazing reading through your journey and watching you in the 12's wanting to get into the 11's and then watching you smash the 11's into the 10's... it's inspirational and it's your journey and it's been a pleasure to get to read it. I think we all have to find our path to get to our goal and sadly, they aren't always straight. As you know from reading mine I started at 24 stone and got down to 19 and then came off plan for almost 6 months and went back upto 22 stone and I've still got a long way to go to even get down to what I was before BUT beyond that is another road which I can't wait to take which will take me to the 18's and then the 17's and then uphil to the 16's and I'm not sure where else my journey will take my while I'm on route but I'm going to keep going anyway :)

I don't know alot about eating disorders but the very fact you are here, signed up and posting means you're trying and that's a start right? :)

Looking forward to taking this journey with you beautiful :) xxx

Hey! And welcome, lovely :) thanks so much for the help with finding my threads, I'm not amazing with technology and end up all in a twist. Very helpful xx

And thank you for your post. It's so true that the attitude and "stickability" (one of my favourite words that don't exist) are the key here. When I started SW I didn't have high hopes because of so many failed diets and such a messed up head with all the wrong ideas about food due to eating disorders since my childhood. And I tried it despite my doubts and it took a long time despite my losses to believe that this was truly working. And with every slip up and every rough patch that has taken me off the path I realise that stickability is the answer. Someone once told me that it didn't matter how many times I would fall over so long as it would be one time less than getting up. If that makes sense. I think there comes that point on a weight loss journey when you truly see that your goal is reachable. I had never experienced that before SW. So I'm a believer hehe!

Today's food:

BF:
2 carrots
1 green pepper
1 wholewheat sandwich thin (HexB) with Marmite
1 apple
1 tangerine

Lunch:
Jacket potato with light cheese triangle 1.5
1 red pepper
1 pear
1 carrot

snack:
1 Aldi's fat free cherry yog 1.5 (thought they were syn free, very odd, they have fewer calories than Mullerlight FF Greek yog and those are only 0.5)
1 apple

three coffees with milk during the day, counting milk as HexA

Dinner:
Steamed celery with chopped onion & kidney beans and tinned tomatoes, all nice and spicy and syn free I believe :)

Evening Snack coz mega peckish:
1 pear
1 orange
1 Aldi's FF peach yog 1.5
Aldi's fruit & grain bar 6.5

I can't believe I used that many syns today...11

My food until dinner is as follows:

BF:
coffee with milk (HexA)
two boiled eggs
apple
pear
1 red pepper

Lunch:
jacket potato
1 lighter cheese triangle 1.5 syns
fresh leafy spinach
two carrots, raw
1 tangerine

Dinner: not planned yet

Hiya hun - that's really weird about the Aldi yoghurts? I sometimes wonder if Slimming World gets commission from certain brands such as Muller and Alpen!! xxx

Hiya hun - that's really weird about the Aldi yoghurts? I sometimes wonder if Slimming World gets commission from certain brands such as Muller and Alpen!! xxx
Wouldn't surprise me...super weird though, I looked up the Aldi Brooklea FF cherry yogurt which is the Muller imitation in size, 175g. and that's 0.5. The ones I've been eating and counting as 1.5 syns is 120g. So bizarre, I might email them about it.

Ok, my dinner last night was good although quite carby. Lots of steamed veg with a tomato purée based spicy sauce and pasta. Very filling though. Finished the evening on half a jar of silverskin onions (I know....weird) and a yoghurt, another 1.5 syns.

I'm definitely due on my totm.... I'm craving food, it's not even pretty anymore Had a massive breakfast and have not really stopped eating since.

So far my food has been:
2 boiled eggs
2 raw carrots
1 yellow pepper
1 wholewheat bread thin (hexB) with marmite

Mid morning: caramel wafer bar 6 syns

Lunch:
1 pear
1 plum
300g turkey breast (so much food!)
Bowl of raw spinach leaves
Muller light yog, peanut and caramel 0.5 syns

Milk so far: estimating 3 syns. Have had three big mugs of coffee and thought what with a all the yoghurt I tend to eat I shouldn't count milk as healthy extra...?

So it's 9.5 syns so far. I really should get a good exercise session in now and play badminton tonight and my motivation is sub zero....

So I did do a load of exercise yesterday although my heart wasn't really in it. But felt better for it. For dinner afterwards I had a massive bowl of pasta and carrots and a bowl of hot/sweet curry yogurt dip plus a whole red pepper, I love them.
After that I had two plums and a peach yoghurt 1.5 syns so finished yesterday on 11 syns.

Today...I'm feeling so fat :( I'm sure it's just the looming totm that makes me feel all big but I swear my jeans are tighter today and I feel generally very blobby. Very hungry too. Haven't had my breakfast yet and realised that I forgot my marmite at home to put on my crispbread this morning. That in itself was major disaster already....I'm definitely due.

don't feel defalted hun - totm is a cow bag and makes us all feel gross - I swear that I gain about a stone when I'm on (I haven't but in my head it feels like I have!!) Regardless of how much you've eaten if you look back on it about 85% of it is fruit or veg so in the grand scheme of things you haven’t eaten a massive amount at all! Well done on exercising – that’s the last thing I feel like doing when I’m on – I just want my sofa, onesie and hot water bottle!

don't feel defalted hun - totm is a cow bag and makes us all feel gross - I swear that I gain about a stone when I'm on (I haven't but in my head it feels like I have!!) Regardless of how much you've eaten if you look back on it about 85% of it is fruit or veg so in the grand scheme of things you haven’t eaten a massive amount at all! Well done on exercising – that’s the last thing I feel like doing when I’m on – I just want my sofa, onesie and hot water bottle!

Thank you! You'd think I know this but for some reason it comes as a surprise every month including the side effects, I'm such a terror to be around, really emotional but also on the brink of enormous anger.And I haven't even started yet, it's just the build up. Ah well....

I tend to cheat a bit and carry my pill over so that I don't have a period which I know I shouldn't but I just feel like I want to shower 24/7 when it's totm

Hey everyone, sorry for the radio silence, I have had such a crash! It started Thursday night and I basically binged until Sunday, re-started Monday only to fall off the wagon again Monday eve. I have been back on plan now since but I feel so rubbish about myself, it's almost like goal is within sight now but I slammed in reverse and keep moving away from it. And my hormones are going crazy, I'm so overdue on my totm, still haven't come on but I cannot think about anything but food, it's hideous. I hope you're all doing better than me :confused:

Oh hun - draw a line under it and start again. We all have "slips" - wouldn't be human otherwise!
Thank you...so true. And why can we say all the right things (and mean them!) to other people who have slipped...but when it comes to ourselves we can be so hard. I blame the hormones! I have had a lot of trouble over the years with them including PCOS and when I go overdue as much as I have this time, I'm not even myself anymore. Yesterday I got so frustrated with an awkward person on the phone that I nearly burst into tears. Thank goodness I have my own office, I'm sure depending on where I am in the month, our staff feels like they're entering the dragon's den hehe. Naaaw I try and be nice to people in my office I promise.

Good day, y'all :)

Oh my goodness, it's blowing an absolute gale out there, I'm getting so sick of this storm and rain and the constant noise. I've come here to confess another weekend of doom :( I can't seem to get back into my steady routine. I've restarted again today. Again! But I'm full of coldy flu and still no totm in sight although I have the hideous belly ache and toxic temper to go with it...So that's been my excuse although bingeing on really unhealthy food is the exact opposite of what I ought to be doing. And I've decided I need to go back to my group. I used to attend group pretty much every week since I started SW with the occasional absence here and there. But because I did a bit of travelling in Nov / Dec I stopped going and haven't gone back. I was kind of hoping to get back to the weight I was when I last attended, about 9st12lb which I'm way beyond at the moment, I reckon I'm about a stone heavier...But I can't get a grip. So I think going back to basics and back to group is the way forward. My big issue is that I don't cope well with "failure". I know it's what it is, I know why I have gained, it's just a number on the scales, move on. But I don't deal well with actually seeing it in black and white...I might give my consultant a ring and have a chat just to take the edge of it.

Here to sub as I've seen you about (on other threads etc!) and thought i would come and say hi! Looks like SW is the lifestyle change that is really suiting you - its such a wonderful plan and really is easy once you get your head around it. You are smashing it!

Looking forward to getting to know you a bit better xxx

Here to sub as I've seen you about (on other threads etc!) and thought i would come and say hi! Looks like SW is the lifestyle change that is really suiting you - its such a wonderful plan and really is easy once you get your head around it. You are smashing it!

Looking forward to getting to know you a bit better xxx

Hey! Thank you for subscribing :) I have sort of lost my way a little and need to get back on to the plan properly because it really does work for me and suits me well. Funny how your mind can deceive you into thinking that you've undone all your hard work with some time off. So I did a before/after collage of me last night with pics from when I started SW and then about 15 months on and it nearly blew me away. So I just spoke to my consultant on the phone, got a new one, she sounds super nice. And I'm going back next week and actually looking forward to it!

Back