New and Improved Bee's Diary on SW

Hey lovely! so glad you had an amazing time - soooo jealous!

And how on earth did you manage to maintain - that's fab!! I'm sure you will see a loss next week - fingers crossed for you xx

Hi, looks like you are well and truly back into the swing of looking after your health and body. This is so good. Not that it's 'bad' when things fall apart IYSWIM, it's just good to see you in a place where you are looking after yourself again. I'm happy for you that your holiday was so good. Catch up properly later X

Hey....ok so it's been nearly a month since I last posted. Things have really crumbled around me, I hit a rough patch with some stuff in my life, bad end to a relationship that was doomed when it started. And it's like I've fallen down a rabbit hole. Every day I try to restart and end up bingeing on rubbish and it's left me feeling so numb. I can tell I've been gaining weight again and although I have tried to keep up with the exercise, my heart hasn't been in it and I really resent myself for this. I haven't been back to meetings for a while for various reasons but next week I want to go back. And restart. Treat it like I'm joining again for the first time, write food diaries etc etc. I do not want to undo everything I have worked so hard for in the last eighteen months and yet that doesn't seem to hold much persuasion when I'm in that place where I just drown out my demons with food. So I have been looking for more support but it's not that easy really.
What I would really like is a proper buddy, someone to be accountable to and team up with and to be friendly with and motivate each other. I know this forum is handy but I think I could do with a more one on one approach maybe on whatsapp. I really want to get back in the zone with diet and exercise and when I'm in that zone, I'm unstoppable :) So if anyone is interested, please PM me :)

Good Morning, a new week, a fresh start, I'm ready. The most frustrating thing is that I was all geared up for going to the group tonight but now I can't and I live in the middle of nowhere so there aren't many groups readily available. So I have to do the restart on my own this week and go back to group next. Please keep your fingers crossed for me to not take this as an excuse to stay off plan for yet another week.
I've got two weddings to go to this summer, one is only two months away and the other two and a half months. And I have got to lose at least a stone by then and get fitter/trimmer at the same time. I've buddied up with a good friend for exercise so we are going to try and do circuit training once or twice a week on top of my normal routine of long distance walking. So I have to stay motivated. I realise what I struggle with so much is my fatigue. I've been battling fibromyalgia for many years and losing weight has made a tremendous difference but I don't know where my limits are and end up over exercising and then burned out. And I don't sleep well which makes things hard coz I often bumble through my day like one of those drowsy tired flies that keep hitting the window and eating well and exercising are the last things I want to do....

Hello!

Found you!!

It's good that you have a buddy to do your exercise with, keeps you focused and on the straight and narrow and I am also sure that you are also back where you want to be or at least a good chunk of the way by the time that the weddings come round- at least you know that the support network on here is great!
Do you take supplements or anything? I can't imagine what it's like, I'm just trying to think if there's anything natural or herbal for you?

Take care

Ruth
x

Hello!

Found you!!

It's good that you have a buddy to do your exercise with, keeps you focused and on the straight and narrow and I am also sure that you are also back where you want to be or at least a good chunk of the way by the time that the weddings come round- at least you know that the support network on here is great!
Do you take supplements or anything? I can't imagine what it's like, I'm just trying to think if there's anything natural or herbal for you?

Take care

Ruth
x

I haven't really found anything that has made a big difference in terms of supplements. I used to be really into all that and ended up rattling :D So I found for myself what really helps enormously is keeping the food fresh and simple. The more processed, the more inflammatory it is in my case. I actually ache more when I have had a couple of days of junk food. Crazy to think how much it impacts on our well being. I do eat certain "diet" products like FF yogurts but try and keep the processed food to a minimum. I am big on raw vegetables and lots of fruit. Everything else sort of fits around them.
Also, although fibromyalgia and being overweight aren't related there is no doubt that I feel so much better now. When I started introducing exercise it was a learning curve to see how much I could do but I have been building it up over the last year, I take magnesium for the muscles and also learn to listen to my body and not overdo it. But on good days I walk 12-14 miles and can't tell you how proud and strong I feel then. Two years ago I wouldn't have believed this possible. Now my next goal for this summer is to finally climb a mountain in Wales :)

I haven't really found anything that has made a big difference in terms of supplements. I used to be really into all that and ended up rattling :D So I found for myself what really helps enormously is keeping the food fresh and simple. The more processed, the more inflammatory it is in my case. I actually ache more when I have had a couple of days of junk food. Crazy to think how much it impacts on our well being. I do eat certain "diet" products like FF yogurts but try and keep the processed food to a minimum. I am big on raw vegetables and lots of fruit. Everything else sort of fits around them.
Also, although fibromyalgia and being overweight aren't related there is no doubt that I feel so much better now. When I started introducing exercise it was a learning curve to see how much I could do but I have been building it up over the last year, I take magnesium for the muscles and also learn to listen to my body and not overdo it. But on good days I walk 12-14 miles and can't tell you how proud and strong I feel then. Two years ago I wouldn't have believed this possible. Now my next goal for this summer is to finally climb a mountain in Wales :)

Wow 12-14 miles! I'm not surprised you feel proud and strong, I would do too! You sound totally focused when it comes to climbing that mountain in Wales so I am sure you will achieve your goal.
I understand what you mean in terms of supplements and rattling etc, I used to take a lot of medicines for various ailments and I now take my migraine tablets and use a wheatbag or an ice pack for everything else- easier really!

Fresher and simpler food is so much yummier than junk food and processed food. I wonder what makes us do it? It makes us so lethargic :(

I hope that you're having a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Wow 12-14 miles! I'm not surprised you feel proud and strong, I would do too! You sound totally focused when it comes to climbing that mountain in Wales so I am sure you will achieve your goal.
I understand what you mean in terms of supplements and rattling etc, I used to take a lot of medicines for various ailments and I now take my migraine tablets and use a wheatbag or an ice pack for everything else- easier really!

Fresher and simpler food is so much yummier than junk food and processed food. I wonder what makes us do it? It makes us so lethargic :(

I hope that you're having a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Today has been good so far, I feel like I'm fighting something off but I'm dosing up with echinacea and lots of fresh fruit and veg. The processed food just makes us addicted to strong overloaded flavours. Asda delivery tonight with lots of yummy fresh stuff, can't wait to have my random meals with bits of everything :)
What is the biggest frustration for me is that the weight I have gained over the last six months is mostly around my waist and it's doing my head in, in my mind I'm as big as I was before I even started SW. Which based on numbers I know isn't true...but it's hard to see it clearly sometimes. But I'm excited again about proper food and getting a grip. When I'm in a bad place I more or less resent healthy eating and find it a slog which is so counterproductive but sadly true. I wonder what I'll have tonight...I'm thinking tuna salad with FF greek yogurt and celery and chopped apple and black pepper on a jack pot. Yum.

Today's food:
BF: Muller light Greek style strawberry yog (I think they are 1 syn)
coffee with milk HexA
Lunch: some homemade tomato soup, salad of two boiled eggs, cooked beetroot, pickled gerkins
Snacks: punnet of strawberries (yes, a whole one)
Another yogurt (1 syn)
1 coffee with milk HexA
Dinner: Salad of mixed beans, sweetcorn and potato with a mustard dressing
Snack: Chocolate (14 syns)

Actually had no HexB today but no matter. I've had my chocolate today which I decided was absolutely necessary....mega overdue on totm and dangerously hormonal...

Oooo cooked beetroot and pickled gherkins!!! *drools* I absolutely love them!
Chocolate is of course absolutely necessary when TOTM is due!! Hope you're not feeling too bad!

Foods looks fab- hope that the Asda delivery was good too!

Ruth
X

Good morning friends,

I wasn't on here at all yesterday, I don't work Wednesdays so I tend to be all over the place and out and about. But it was a good day, having a fridge full of fresh attractive food is such a strong motivator to do well.

Yesterday's food was:

BF:
2 weetabix HExB with FF strawberry yog
chopped strawberried
chopped pear

Snack:
a few raw carrots (I love carrots!)

Lunch:
leftover salad of mixed beans, sweetcorn and potato

Afternoon snack:
1 pear
1 banana
1/2 raw red pepper

Dinner:
Onion tuna salad with FF greek yogurt dressing with smoked paprika (I eat the oddest combinations, loved this although eye wateringly hot)
Big bowl of baby spinach (raw) and baby plum tomatoes

After dinner snack:
Orange
Activia FF peach yogurt

I came on properly with my totm and have been feeling so ultra weak and headachy. I made myself play an hour of badminton with a friend but I had very little in me and it wasn't my best game. Still enjoyed it though.
I feel rather munchy today so I am armed with mountains of free snacks to have throughout the day :)

Good morning friends,

I wasn't on here at all yesterday, I don't work Wednesdays so I tend to be all over the place and out and about. But it was a good day, having a fridge full of fresh attractive food is such a strong motivator to do well.

Yesterday's food was:

BF:
2 weetabix HExB with FF strawberry yog
chopped strawberried
chopped pear

Snack:
a few raw carrots (I love carrots!)

Lunch:
leftover salad of mixed beans, sweetcorn and potato

Afternoon snack:
1 pear
1 banana
1/2 raw red pepper

Dinner:
Onion tuna salad with FF greek yogurt dressing with smoked paprika (I eat the oddest combinations, loved this although eye wateringly hot)
Big bowl of baby spinach (raw) and baby plum tomatoes

After dinner snack:
Orange
Activia FF peach yogurt

I came on properly with my totm and have been feeling so ultra weak and headachy. I made myself play an hour of badminton with a friend but I had very little in me and it wasn't my best game. Still enjoyed it though.
I feel rather munchy today so I am armed with mountains of free snacks to have throughout the day :)

What lovely food combinations! Definitely the kind of thing that I would eat! That's rubbish about TOTM but at least it's good things to munch on!
Also great for the badminton!

Hope that you're having a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Another good day under my (hopefully soon to be loose) belt hehe.

Today's food was:

BF
Weetabix (HexB) with FF peach yog
chopped pear
Banana

Snack:
few carrots
plum

Lunch:
home made soup of potatoes, onions and carrots with heaps of ginger, chillies and coriander
for dipping: raw celery and red pepper

Afternoon snack:
mugshot (so insanely snacky today)
orange
grapes
strawberries

Dinner:
Potatoes with FF greek yogurt/smoked paprika/onion dip with spinach

Afters:
Plum
Orange
FF yogurt

I'm happy and full now, feeling very satisfied. Totm snack attacks are the worst and I feel quite in control. I figure I rather eat more of the good stuff than give in and have junk and regret it.

Hope you've all had a good day. Night night xx

Good evening all :)

So today has been a massively long day and I've been so tired and hormonal, and I got some proper dizzy spells. But I was also enormously hungry so I started with my treat breakfast I don't have very often, a good old cooked brekkie :)

Today's food so far:

BF:
2 Linda McC rosemary onion sausages
2 eggs
tinned potatoes, all fried in frylight
chopped raw green pepper, handful of cherry tomatoes, carrots
big mug of coffee with milk HexA
snack:
jammy dodger (4) with cup of tea, milk HexA

lunch:
homemade potato soup
coffee with milk, hexA

afternoon snack:
carrots
2 apples

Dinner:
spicy chicken, potato and mixed veg stew with onions and a bowl of raw spinach

So far so good :) I will have a little rummage for a snack and will update.

Ooooo that breakfast sounds totally and completely gorgeous!!!!!
As does the whole day- yum yum yum!!

Hope you're feeling a bit better :( that can't be fun :(

Ruth
x

Oh I'm so bad at posting on the weekend, I'm always out and about. Saturday was such a gorgeous day here so I ended up doing two walks, a 6 mile first thing in the morning and another 10 mile one in the afternoon but ended up burning myself out a bit, silly. I can't remember what exactly I ate that day...but it was a good day foodwise. Yesterday however...oh deary me. Had a good morning and lunch. And in the evening I totally blew it and ended up eating an absolute mountain of biscuits. and two massive almond slices. Very enjoyable at the time hehe. But I do regret that.
And this is the worst....today is my WI day. First time in absolute ages and I'm petrified. I don't do well with seeing it in actual figures, I know I have gained a lot of weight over the last few months and have been on and off steroid treatments which hasn't helped. Although mostly I would have to admit it was my own poor eating. But I know I'm well into the 11s again and I feel so embarrassed. My consultant is really sweet. It's more the people that do the actual weighing. Is it silly? There's one person in particular who is always very nice who has lost something like 7 stone in a year. And there I am, bumbling along, constantly fluctuating and now I'm coming back with probably about a 1st gain :eek: It's so sad but that is my greatest fear today. But without facing it I can't move on really. I need to know as a baseline so I can work from there. Deep breaths.

Oh I'm so bad at posting on the weekend, I'm always out and about. Saturday was such a gorgeous day here so I ended up doing two walks, a 6 mile first thing in the morning and another 10 mile one in the afternoon but ended up burning myself out a bit, silly. I can't remember what exactly I ate that day...but it was a good day foodwise. Yesterday however...oh deary me. Had a good morning and lunch. And in the evening I totally blew it and ended up eating an absolute mountain of biscuits. and two massive almond slices. Very enjoyable at the time hehe. But I do regret that.
And this is the worst....today is my WI day. First time in absolute ages and I'm petrified. I don't do well with seeing it in actual figures, I know I have gained a lot of weight over the last few months and have been on and off steroid treatments which hasn't helped. Although mostly I would have to admit it was my own poor eating. But I know I'm well into the 11s again and I feel so embarrassed. My consultant is really sweet. It's more the people that do the actual weighing. Is it silly? There's one person in particular who is always very nice who has lost something like 7 stone in a year. And there I am, bumbling along, constantly fluctuating and now I'm coming back with probably about a 1st gain :eek: It's so sad but that is my greatest fear today. But without facing it I can't move on really. I need to know as a baseline so I can work from there. Deep breaths.

Right, for starters, your weekend sounds fab. Flexi Syns are there for instances where biscuits and almond slices take over ;)
You have done really well, like ridiculously well. If you are in the 11s will it not make you three times as determined to get out of them as fast as possible?
Like you said, you need to face it, hiding does no good but you've done so great. I too hate seeing those numbers on the scales after a break, but get it over and done with and draw a line under it after tonight, get it out of your head and move the numbers downward.
I have been back to my group about 5/6 times and often couldn't even look the consultant in the face but always felt better after the first night.
Good luck for tonight, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Ruth
X

Right, for starters, your weekend sounds fab. Flexi Syns are there for instances where biscuits and almond slices take over ;)
You have done really well, like ridiculously well. If you are in the 11s will it not make you three times as determined to get out of them as fast as possible?
Like you said, you need to face it, hiding does no good but you've done so great. I too hate seeing those numbers on the scales after a break, but get it over and done with and draw a line under it after tonight, get it out of your head and move the numbers downward.
I have been back to my group about 5/6 times and often couldn't even look the consultant in the face but always felt better after the first night.
Good luck for tonight, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Ruth
X

Oof, I really needed this, thank you :) And yes, whatever the scales say tonight it'll give me added motivation to do extra well. I know it'll be bad. But sometimes I think we define ourselves a little too much by the numbers. I have in the past let the numbers on the scale ruin my day when I had been feeling good about myself and doing well with diet and exercise and it was more than I expected and boom! bad day. How silly. Nothing actually changed other than me knowing my exact weight at that very moment. I need to work on detaching myself a little from that.

Ok, so I went to my weigh in last night, first time in two months after I restarted mid February and immediately threw in the towel again...

I weighed in at 11st9lb. I knew it was going to be high and in the 11s. So I'm ok. I know why and I can work on it. Funnily enough I felt almost relieved to get it over with, be back at group and back on plan and have an actual number to work with. I know I will struggle staying for the group regularly, the consultant changed and the new one is an absolute sweetie but it takes too long! The group is meant to start at 5.30pm but she really takes her time with newbies which is nice of course. But we didn't start the group until 6.10pm and then she talks in so much detail to everyone, the group was mega empty last night and it still took till 7pm. And I can't do that. I go there after a ten hour day in work, hungry, tired, with a sore back. I will try and stay for the first few weeks and then maybe every other week after that.

Also, I have this pet hate....the term Body Magic. Gives me unpleasant shivers hearing it. It's called exercise, people! :p And I don't quite agree that no exercise is needed for weight loss. I know that it can be achieved without it. But to say that exercise has no impact on it is ridiculous but it's been said in group many times by different consultants so I suppose that's the official party line. But surely the higher the ratio of muscle tissue in my body, the more energy my body burns even in a resting state. She said again last night that you would have to do an hour of intense exercise to lose just one lb. Ok. Well, a lot of us do a lot of exercise so if I exercise a few times during the week, whether an hour or less, or whether super intense or not so much, it all contributes to the weight loss surely? And you're not just losing fat. You're replacing it with muscle. And fat is a dead weight (no pun intended) and muscle is an active tissue that uses energy. So it works in two ways really. Argh. I hate that discussion, I try so hard to steer clear of it in group because I know once i open my mouth it'll all come out...:rolleyes:

Ok, so I went to my weigh in last night, first time in two months after I restarted mid February and immediately threw in the towel again...

I weighed in at 11st9lb. I knew it was going to be high and in the 11s. So I'm ok. I know why and I can work on it. Funnily enough I felt almost relieved to get it over with, be back at group and back on plan and have an actual number to work with. I know I will struggle staying for the group regularly, the consultant changed and the new one is an absolute sweetie but it takes too long! The group is meant to start at 5.30pm but she really takes her time with newbies which is nice of course. But we didn't start the group until 6.10pm and then she talks in so much detail to everyone, the group was mega empty last night and it still took till 7pm. And I can't do that. I go there after a ten hour day in work, hungry, tired, with a sore back. I will try and stay for the first few weeks and then maybe every other week after that.

Also, I have this pet hate....the term Body Magic. Gives me unpleasant shivers hearing it. It's called exercise, people! :p And I don't quite agree that no exercise is needed for weight loss. I know that it can be achieved without it. But to say that exercise has no impact on it is ridiculous but it's been said in group many times by different consultants so I suppose that's the official party line. But surely the higher the ratio of muscle tissue in my body, the more energy my body burns even in a resting state. She said again last night that you would have to do an hour of intense exercise to lose just one lb. Ok. Well, a lot of us do a lot of exercise so if I exercise a few times during the week, whether an hour or less, or whether super intense or not so much, it all contributes to the weight loss surely? And you're not just losing fat. You're replacing it with muscle. And fat is a dead weight (no pun intended) and muscle is an active tissue that uses energy. So it works in two ways really. Argh. I hate that discussion, I try so hard to steer clear of it in group because I know once i open my mouth it'll all come out...:rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more with this- having the idea that exercise isn't totally necessary to me doesn't sound right. I sort of tune in and tune out when they start talking about all of that haha!!!

Well done for going to group- I am glad you feel relieved- now you can get those numbers down!!! I also agree with the length of time. I don't stay every week because it's too busy to, and I am far too tired to as well.
I think that every other week is a good plan!!

Ruth
x

Back