New and Improved Bee's Diary on SW

Hey, sorry for being so quiet on here and so slow in replying. It's one of those things, I am moving soon and am so busy I find it hard to find the brainpower to even come on here and read and process and write something.
Foodwise I have been doing fine although I am eating quite a lot at the moment. And although it's all SW friendly, it makes me feel a bit bad, almost like I'm on some sort of substitute binge. But I am due soon on my totm and I always have the most hideous and overwhelming cravings. So I thought if I try and indulge the cravings but stick to the right foods, maybe that will help a little.
I have stayed the same for a few weeks now with holiday gain and loss so I am essentially the same weight now I was a month ago. And I'm struggling to be patient and see the positive side of things which is that I am eating healthily and being the best I can be for my body's well-fare. It's so hard to be content isn't it :D

I weighed this morning which I know I shouldn't have done. But I have been the same for about a week now. It's so frustrating. I'm having a bit of a low phase at the moment, I seem to see slim people everywhere and it's on my mind every waking minute (and even in my dreams) how much I want to lose weight. This is a battle for being content in the moment as well as being motivated to work towards a goal.
So I have decided to reduce my goal for this year. Originally I thought I could lose 45lb by 31 December but as things are going, it would average about 10lb a month which is a bit too high for me I think. So I'm going to aim for an average of about 7lb which is more manageable and takes things into account such as hormones and off days.

That's a bit frustrating. Do you get enough sleep? I was wondering, what with moving and all the stress that goes with that. Sleep is meant to be essential to weight loss.

Being content is very important, and loving oneself as one is. That old hating our bodies and what we are doing to ourselves usually ends up being so unproductive. Like, maybe a fast for a couple of days then a big rebound with whatever is around and most tempting.

Maybe, as you are comparing yourself so unfavourably with others around you, it would pay dividends to stop and think about good things about yourself. Think about your achievements, qualities you admire in yourself, are there features of your appearance that you do like? Anything to boost your self esteem a bit?

We are not just or weight, there is more to all of us than being a very obese person, a slightly overweight person or a slender person. That, as you already know, is a very one dimensional way of looking at the world.

Will you take a compliment? I see you as a very perceptive person who writes in an amusing way. I'm sure if I knew you better I could say more nice things about you.

That's a bit frustrating. Do you get enough sleep? I was wondering, what with moving and all the stress that goes with that. Sleep is meant to be essential to weight loss.

Being content is very important, and loving oneself as one is. That old hating our bodies and what we are doing to ourselves usually ends up being so unproductive. Like, maybe a fast for a couple of days then a big rebound with whatever is around and most tempting.

Maybe, as you are comparing yourself so unfavourably with others around you, it would pay dividends to stop and think about good things about yourself. Think about your achievements, qualities you admire in yourself, are there features of your appearance that you do like? Anything to boost your self esteem a bit?

We are not just or weight, there is more to all of us than being a very obese person, a slightly overweight person or a slender person. That, as you already know, is a very one dimensional way of looking at the world.

Will you take a compliment? I see you as a very perceptive person who writes in an amusing way. I'm sure if I knew you better I could say more nice things about you.

Hi Micci, thank you so much for your nice comment and shame I only read it today. Just to go through what you wrote, no I don't sleep enough. Unfortunately, I have had fibromyalgia for a number of years now which is closely linked to an abnormal sleeping pattern and very disturbed and patchy sleep. I feel every morning like I've been run over by something. And I heard before that sleep deprivation leads the body to produce cortisone which is the hormone in steroids and you know what steroids can do to you and your weight. So it's definitely a steep uphill struggle to lose weight when your sleep is impaired.

You are quite right about hating ourselves being so terribly unproductive. I would like to think that I'm not so shallow as to judge another person by their appearance. And yet, I a) judge myself by my own appearance and b) suggest that others do too and might do them a great injustice. So I definitely need to work on that.

I struggle to accept compliments which is probably quite a common thing in people. But it's so much easier to be self-deprecating as that is all part of a self-destructive nature especially when struggling with addiction. I do get compliments but I tend to assume that they are paid out of pity rather than sincerity. Another awful assumption about other people. You know the golden rule, to treat others the way you want to be treated? I thought that as someone struggling to love myself I need to learn to treat myself the way I treat others because I have no problem complimenting others or be compassionate/sympathetic. Why are we so much harder on ourselves than we are with others? *tut*

And thanks for your compliment Micci :D

Best of luck for your weigh in tonight. I'm the same with compliments I just can't take them and think people are being nice but I am slowly starting to accept them and be like aw thanks instead of going all defensive!

Right, here I am finally checking in with some rather good news. I lost 4.5lb! It was over two weeks, mind, but still a great loss, I'm chuffed! Especially because it means I have finally dipped into the next stone bracket which in itself is a huge psychological boost. I really want to reach my club 10 goal by the end of this month :)

Right, here I am finally checking in with some rather good news. I lost 4.5lb! It was over two weeks, mind, but still a great loss, I'm chuffed! Especially because it means I have finally dipped into the next stone bracket which in itself is a huge psychological boost. I really want to reach my club 10 goal by the end of this month :)

Great loss hun. I am delighted for you. You will get that club 10 just keep your eyes on the prize xxx :)

Wonderful news :)

Can you believe how time is flying by? It's Monday again which means weigh in for me tonight. Wish me luck :) I have a good feeling but I have often been wrong about that so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But what with the stresses of moving etc I have not felt as hungry these last few days and I hope that it'll show in the results tonight.

Right, weigh in last night showed a 2lb loss. I'm very pleased, this is good and steady weight loss. I'm actually trying not to think so much about the numbers but just to make this plan my new way of life and build up good habits that will keep me strong even when life throws a wobbly. Another 1.5lb to go and I'll have reached my club 10 target.

Well done hun. You are right it is a nice steady loss if I lost 2lbs a week I'd be delighted :).

You could have your club 10 next week :)

Well done hun. You are right it is a nice steady loss if I lost 2lbs a week I'd be delighted :).

You could have your club 10 next week :)

I really hope so :)

Things have been going well foodwise, tbh I have been so busy and distracted, I have often found myself not at all bothered with food these last couple of weeks. Last night though I really needed something sweet and ended up eating a solero and a calippo. But both together only 9 syns so it was still a bargain :D

Looking at your signature, your weight loss has been great! Are you on Extra Easy? Doing anything in particular that you think helps your loss?

hiya hun, I know sometimes you just need something sweet but at least you got a sweet fix and stayed within syns that is great. My weight loss has kind of slowed down with the kids off school I havent been trying my best and I was away on holidays and had a few days off plan. I just stick to plan use my syns nearly all the time and I eat plenty of superfree. I drink 2 litres of water per day also. I won woman of the year at my group too so I was really happy :)
ps I am on extra easy. I have looked at the other plans but extra easy is so in my head now I'm not sure I could switch plans!

Oh wow, Woman of the Year is really cool, I like that it's a recommendation from the group rather than it being all about how much you may have lost in a certain amount of time.

I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 0.5lb. I was quite disappointed, I had had a good week and I have finally started to feel thinner as well. But feeling a bit grotty and looking at the calendar, I'm due this week so that would not have helped. I'm not going to the next couple of meetings because I have appointments so I'm going to try and forget all about scales and groups and all that and just focus on eating well and sticking to plan :)

Right, so this weekend I moved house. And as always, it was a very stressful experience and I totally fell off the wagon, hitting the ground hard. It lasted from Friday to Monday and there were still some biscuits in my car when I drove to work this morning and I threw them out of the window :D
It's quite hard sticking to plan with everything being in limbo, the kitchen is a mess and I'm now living with a friend who eats quite differently from myself. And I ended up lying there awake last night fretting over my weight loss goals. I don't want to be so dominated by my weight. Yes, I want to lose and have lost some. And I will continue to work at it. But it's not all I am. I don't want others to reduce me to my weight or appearance so I shouldn't do that to myself either. It's all about perspective. But whenever bigger things happen in my life, I find myself struggling with a positive, balanced view of myself. Comparing with others is the worst. It's true what has been said that comparing is the end of contentment.

I meant to add to the above. What really shook me back into action was getting dressed this morning. No, not because I'm so big :D But what with a chaos at home after just having moved in, I just grabbed a pair of jeans that I found in one of the clothes bags and put them on and they were quite loose. Turned out they were an old pair and the last time I wore them about a year ago, they were tight. And now they are actually too big. I was so chuffed. And it made me wake up to the fact that a slip up doesn't ruin what you have achieved. But allowing a slip up getting out of hand may well put you back on your climb to goal. And how demoralising that would be.

Gotta fly ... but ... the loose jeans news is fantastic. As for the understanding of not wanting to see yourself as primarily a person who needs to lose weight ... I should post again when I have more time ... but yes, I agree totally with your post. Well done on surviving the move.

Hey, haven't shown my face here in a while, just checking in to say things are going well. I've barely had time to think since moving house and it's resulted in me having just my three meals and some fruit and veg as snacks and nothing else. I feel quite good apart from a bad back that's giving me headaches :( but it is what it is, gotta get on with it.
Other than that, my clothes are looser, I feel good in myself, so I'm now quite looking forward to the next weigh in on Monday, I do hope it'll show a good loss. I haven't weighed myself at home in a little while, what with a slip up and a bad period I didn't want to give myself a false reading. Even if the scales don't say what I'm hoping they will, I know I have lost in size.

Back