New and Improved Bee's Diary on SW

I'm enjoying ur diary so have subscribed :) x

It varies hon depending on what i have in and money.
I do like my original days tho.
There have been parties and a short break this past month so i have slowed down but back on track now :)
You r doing great :) x x

Good Morning, sorry for the general neglect, I am always busy but lately it seems frantic is the only word to describe it. Things have been very stressful, some good stress, some not so good.
And combined with being so overdue on my totm and hormones raging, I am finding it super hard to stay on track. I have so far managed it but I'm not going to make my weigh in tonight because of a hospital appointment. And the next two Mondays I am away as well so I'm not weighing in for another three weeks. Major discipline alert.

Hi, it's good to see you here again. Sympathy with the less good stress and happy for you for the good stresses.

Wish you well for the hospital appt, is there no chance of going to another group for a WI before you go away? Anyway, do lots of swimming ( ;) ) and do your best to stay on track but enjoy the break.

Hi, it's good to see you here again. Sympathy with the less good stress and happy for you for the good stresses.

Wish you well for the hospital appt, is there no chance of going to another group for a WI before you go away? Anyway, do lots of swimming ( ;) ) and do your best to stay on track but enjoy the break.

Thank you. I have monthly appointments for checkups and renewing prescriptions so that is part of my life at the moment, hopefully only for a few more months. Attending another meeting isn't gonna work sadly, I live at the very end of the middle of nowhere in rural Wales and even for the group that I attend on a Monday night, I have to drive a twenty-mile detour on my way home from work. It's a sacrifice I am willing to make. But once a month I have to miss it. And now I'm away for a week but that's just a holiday. Very much looking forward to it.:)

Wow! Wilderness Lady! 20 miles detour, wow again! Are you Welsh originally?

Wow! Wilderness Lady! 20 miles detour, wow again! Are you Welsh originally?

No, I am actually from Hamburg, Germany :) So it was a bit of an escape to the country moving to Wales. Although I still have a big space in my heart for beautiful cities such as Hamburg and love visiting them, I do like it here in the sticks. I reckon later on in life I would get closer to the more built up areas again, just for amenities etc. And I do a million miles out here :D

This week I have been struggling a lot with my hormones, I am seriously overdue on my totm which is quite irregular with me as it is but it makes my cravings sometimes overpowering. So for the last few days, rather than giving in to junk, I have just upped a bit on the things I eat anyway, or used my syns on things like some maple syrup in my fromage frais etc etc. That has helped a lot. Yesterday, I had to go into Tescos and I so wanted to buy chocolate. But I decided to buy a really nice ripe avocado instead which I later mashed with lemon juice and salt and pepper and had that with wholewheat pasta and lots of other veg. Although I didn't work out the syns and yes, avocado is very rich, I felt like it was a treat but in the true sense of the word. Something really good for me. So I am ok with that. If it had been a bar of chocolate, it would have spiralled into a binge, I know it.

This week I have been struggling a lot with my hormones, I am seriously overdue on my totm which is quite irregular with me as it is but it makes my cravings sometimes overpowering. So for the last few days, rather than giving in to junk, I have just upped a bit on the things I eat anyway, or used my syns on things like some maple syrup in my fromage frais etc etc. That has helped a lot. Yesterday, I had to go into Tescos and I so wanted to buy chocolate. But I decided to buy a really nice ripe avocado instead which I later mashed with lemon juice and salt and pepper and had that with wholewheat pasta and lots of other veg. Although I didn't work out the syns and yes, avocado is very rich, I felt like it was a treat but in the true sense of the word. Something really good for me. So I am ok with that. If it had been a bar of chocolate, it would have spiralled into a binge, I know it.

^^^^^ that bit in red italics above. Wow, yes! Applaud yourself for making such a healthy decision, looking after your need for a treat yet finding something that satisfied the need for ... whatever the need was that chocolate at first felt like the answer to.

ps, I haven't dared try this yet but I suspect that the syns in an avocado could be swapped for a b choice of olive oil and just syn the rest. This is I know a teak of the unapproved variety. B U T olive oil is goofd for you and a B choice. Avocados are good for you and very oily, I've swapped other oils over and been OK with my losses generally.

Hi Bee. Good choice - much better avocado than chocolate!

Thanks Lynne and Micci. Yes, I was actually thinking because I hadn't used any syns at all that day that the avocado might well be covered by that.

I'm just quickly checking in and out because I am off on holiday today, driving down to the airport soon and an early flight tomorrow morning. My totm has been pretty rough this week and I have had a shaky two days foodwise. But I am actually just going with it, it is what it is. I'm intending to enjoy myself this coming week, enjoy the company of my friends and the excitement of exploring a new place. Hope you all have a good week ahead of you, looking forward to catching up when I get back :) xx

Hi Bee. Where are you flying too? Hope you have a brilliant time!

Hey, wow it's been so long since I last posted. Although I came back a week ago, the week just went by so quickly having to catch up with a lot of stuff. My week in Stockholm was amazing, loved it so much, I wish I could have stayed longer. I actually really miss it now.
Food wise a bit of a mixed time, I had a very enjoyable time in Sweden and ate whatever everyone else was eating too. I figured that as my friends are all slim and don't gain weight on holiday, if I eat what they eat and do what they do activity wise, I'll stay the same too :) I haven't weighed to find whether there was any truth in that :p

But when I came back from holiday last Tuesday, I basically ended up having a major blow out that lasted three whole days. Felt so horrified and disgusted with myself. But I am back on the SW horse, I have specific, realistic plans of where I want to be weight wise in x amount of months and I want to keep that in mind. It's weigh in tonight and I am very tempted to chicken out. But there is no point really. Got to take the good with the bad and own up to whatever result there is from my actions. I hope you have all been doing well, look forward to catching up.

So I had my weigh in last night and I gained 2 pounds. Ah well. I didn't expect to lose anything and after the holiday I had, I am actually pleased that it wasn't more than 2lb. I feel like I'm eating loads, well I probably am. But I don't want to fall into the trap again of thinking that the way to undo my gain is to eat as little as possible. I know SW works for me so I'm just going to keep going on plan. Going to group last night did help me, I faced my gain and know the reasons why and I can carry on from here now.
I felt so sorry for another lady in my group who had just come back from a super active holiday with miles of daily walking and strict SW eating. And she lost 0.5lbs. How crazy is that. She was quite disappointed as you would imagine. I wonder whether she actually ate enough with all that activity and in the heat. But there we are. Just goes to show that the body isn't a machine where you would always expect a specific outcome. Sometimes the success we have (and should be so proud of) is that we are looking after our bodies. They are so precious.

You are SO RIGHT about not reacting to over eating for a while with a bout of under eating / fasting. Been there, got the too small tee shirt etc. A 2lb gain is pretty good going, from what you wrote on my diary. It will go again soon and far far better to do it with healthy choices.

Hi Bee. How are you doing? Hope you're OK.

Back