New and looking for a team of support!

angelj

Job well done by everyone who has posted - even if you have "failed" after a few days, at least you're trying. Sometimes it takes a while to get in the right mindset.

I have had a yo-yo of dieting for years. I am 28 years old and I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and a very underactive thyroid/hypothyroid. This has caused a lot of frustration in my life with weight gain and loss - or lack there of. I am 5'6" and started at 177.6 lbs.

I just started The Dukan Diet 1 week ago and so far, so good! I survived the Attack phase (5 days) effortlessly! I lost 6.4 lbs. To see the number 171 was a nice change - I previously maintained 167 (which was no great goal but at least I was wearing a size 8/10 and nothing bigger) for a year and then my thyroid took a plunge. I woke up this morning however and noticed I put back on a 1.2 gain! I was so mad I doubled my cardio workout!

The only way I could have screwed things up was by the half of a half of a half of a banana choc muffin I had yesterday and 5 semi-sweet choc chips. Do you really think that + the fact that I am ovulating and feeling really bloated effected my loss?

It is sad that I am so worked up over such a small gain - however I think we can compare weight struggles with struggles of drug or alcohol addiction. Once an addict is in recovery, they know down to the second how many days they are sober. For those of us trying to shed the pounds - we know daily down to the ounce!

Glad I joined - Can't wait to hear more from everyone :D

I can totally understand! Every lil gain puts me in a foul mood. But more often than not it's water weight or some other type of blip and we really shouldn't stress ourselves about it :)

Despite all my ups and downs when I stand on the scales I've only had one gain and that was only 0.6 of a pound after Valentines Day! Every other week has been losses :D

So try not to worry too much. As long as you stick to the diet you'll be shedding weight like nobodies business :D

Thanks!

I just saw your loss so far - way to goooo! That is very fantastic. I know, you're right. It is just so disheartening but I will get over it. I really need to start weighing every few days versus every single day!

Only 30 or so more to go.... boy I can't wait until that day..

I like how you made goals for yourself every month, I think I will do that too!

That is a good idea, I will make a weigh in day as well. This forum is so awesome - it is almost more helpful to read posts and encouragement from strangers than friends and family - they get annoying, lol. especially my surfer, athletic boyfriend who can eat ANYTHING constantly says, "just have a bite, just have a little it wont hurt!" he gets frustrated at my neurotic behavior over what I eat recently and I get frustrated at his lack of support! Even though he is trying to be nice...

AHHH! Look forward to my posts, lol I'll be sounding off to you!

I have a few friends like your BF, trying to get me to "have just 1 drink, it won't make a difference". Pffft! It will! And I am more than happy to be out chatting to people while sober, thank you very much.

Just think in a few months you'll be the size you want to be and in a few more after that you'll have reset your metabolism and be able to eat what you like for the rest of your life, as long as you follow some simple rules :D
In my opinion this is the best diet ever and one of the best decisions I've made in my life :D

Stick with it! :bliss:

It's true that several factors can affect our weight, such as times of month, eating to salty foods leading to water retention, often not eating enough on this diet can cause an issue. Try to keep away from half of half of halfs of chocolate muffins and sweets though as they will bring you out of ketosis and completely undo the good work of getting there in the first place! If you are craving sweet things, check out our recipe thread and make yourself something (or have a sugar free jelly).

Welcome and good luck!
x

It's true that several factors can affect our weight, such as times of month, eating to salty foods leading to water retention, often not eating enough on this diet can cause an issue. Try to keep away from half of half of halfs of chocolate muffins and sweets though as they will bring you out of ketosis and completely undo the good work of getting there in the first place! If you are craving sweet things, check out our recipe thread and make yourself something (or have a sugar free jelly).

Welcome and good luck!
x

Thank you!

Yes, I know I should not have done that! I baked them for my boyfriend's family and his co-workers and of course, I had to ensure they turned out right. I read that one little slip up is like puncturing the balloon! I'll have to get my bod back to it.

Has anyone here had a slip up as small as that?

I LOVE sugar free jello - they save my life when I have a sweet tooth craving.

I like that you said we will reset our metabolism. That will really help and I cannot wait until that day! Thanks everyone!!!!

PS - I enjoy reading your stats - it is good to hear from some "veteran" dukan "losers" because it shows that this plan really works!

I have a few friends like your BF, trying to get me to "have just 1 drink, it won't make a difference". Pffft! It will! And I am more than happy to be out chatting to people while sober, thank you very much.

Just think in a few months you'll be the size you want to be and in a few more after that you'll have reset your metabolism and be able to eat what you like for the rest of your life, as long as you follow some simple rules :D
In my opinion this is the best diet ever and one of the best decisions I've made in my life :D

Stick with it! :bliss:

Yes - my girlfriends are like your friends, "just one drink!"

drives me crazy. thats what we are here for!

I am glad I am starting this now, I'll be 29 in April and it will be nice to get a handle on things before the next chapter of life - and marriage/children, etc. especially because for the time being I am unemployed and seeking new employment so I am making this my "job" :)

btw - how do you guys edit your signature? i love those little emoticons with your success.

Welcome to dukan :D you have found the right place for support

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello! I am new to Dukan and new to this site as well. I have enjoyed reading the posts so far. They're very motivating and make me realize that there are people who are just like me that have the same struggles! I'll be visiting daily (maybe multiple times!) to get inspiration and see what others have to say about the diet. I started the diet Thursday, and by Sunday, I've lost 4.8 pounds. Yay! :D

welcome and good luck to you also :)

Back