New at all this!

Vignette

I have been advised to do the Cambridge Diet in order to lose weight prior to gastric bypass surgery and I begin tomorrow. As well as being morbidly obese I also suffer with Lymphoadema in my legs and abdomen which doesn't help. If there is anyone out there who has been in the same situation or who is on the journey then it would be good to know. Living alone and in a place that is quite isolated I am really looking forward to having this support network!

I have been advised to do the Cambridge Diet in order to lose weight prior to gastric bypass surgery and I begin tomorrow. As well as being morbidly obese I also suffer with Lymphoadema in my legs and abdomen which doesn't help. If there is anyone out there who has been in the same situation or who is on the journey then it would be good to know. Living alone and in a place that is quite isolated I am really looking forward to having this support network!

Sounds like your starting in the right direction vignette!

Getting through the 1st few days is hard but If you manage them you can manage the rest!

Wish you all the best on your journey.

M x

Good luck... you may find that Cambridge is so good you don't need to Gastric Band. Once you are into it, it is pretty easy (strange but true).

The first few days will be awful, but stick with it by day 4 ketosis will kick in.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'd heard that the first few days are the worst so am prepared! It would be terrific to be able to lose all this weight without surgery, but one day at a time!

If you can hold it together for the first few days it will get easier - promise. My gp offered me gastric band surgery so i went on cd just like you to get the inital loss- and lst 8 stone in 5 1/2 months and didnt need the surgery. Ok i' m back here again repeating the journey- life throws too many curved balls- but i was so pleased to aboid surgery- the dr couldnt believe it! Hope you are doing ok- im 13 days in again so not that far ahead of you.

Youve come to the right place, as the others sed once you get past the first week you will get into the mindset and it will become alot easier for you and hopefully wont need the surgery you can do it on ur own. :D

What plan are u starting on hun??

Best of Luck the days your feeling low just come on here and you will have great support

E x

This site is great, hopefully you won't need the band, after first week you should feel ok. Then it's just old habits to stop creeping in. Eg eating when emotional, bored etc. my sister in law had gastric band few yrs ago. She did really well went from 34st to 11 st. But I didn't know if done on the nhs, when you are at target they won't keep adjusting band anymore, they say it is up to you to maintain yourself. Unfortunately my sister in law started eating huge amounts again and within a year she is now 25 stone. So for her she didn't learn to control her eating habits. This diet will so if you can do it without a band that would be great. Good luck and keep us posted on your journey. X

Hi Vignette!

I am new too...not even started...still another 24hrs plus til 1st appointment. Nervous...excited....among all sorts of other emotions, but like you am looking to this board to find people in similar situations to share this crazy ride with. May we all come out the other end as Mini Us'es!

Like the others I hope CWP means you can avoid bypass surgery, but as 'they' say - one day at a time!

50 x

Hi BessieB!

Wow!

8 st in 5.5 months? Is that a record, I wonder?

May you avoid some of life's curved balls for a while and continue to avoid surgery! You did so well before...you CAN do it again!

Hello & nice to 'meet' you! I am about to start CWP & believe my BMI mid 40's.

Glad to hear everyone's advice for facing those 1st few days!

50 x

Last edited:
Back