New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

Thats brilliant Magic!!
Well done you :) xx

Day 11 is nearly over and I have been a busy bee today. It was my day off so to keep myself busy (and not think about food).... i painted the bathroom lol
I'm covered in paint but i finished and i feel very proud of myself.
One, because it looks bloody brilliant and two, because normally on my day off i'd 'treat' myself to some comfort food (just becuase it's my day off).
I think this is what i need to explore a bit more. The thought process that leads me to thinking i need to 'reward' myself with food and how to change that into investing that time into doing something productive. A day off is a day off from work.. not from taking charge of my life lol
It's pathetic to think that life should evolve around food. It's JUST food ffs!
Nothing more, nothing less.
And on that note... bring on another day and another lesson to be learned :)

Good for you Mags! I was always the same - a day off work and I'd stock up on all my treats and basically shut the door and eat all day, end up feeling stuffed, sick, guilty and horrible! Some treat!!!
Days off now for me are - set myself 1 or 2 household tasks, do some exercise and allow myself to lounge with a book or magazine for the rest! With coffee/flavoured water. Then I end up feeling relaxed, happy and that I've achieved something too - result!!
Enjoy your weekend :) x

I liked the thai chilli! I made it into a thickish paste, more akin to baby food and enjoyed eating it!

This morning I've had for the first time, the lemon bar and I won't be having it again as it was very cloying. Not so horrible that I couldn't eat it but a strong artificial taste that thankfully once eaten hasn't left an aftertaste.

I've joined in on here as there doesn't seem to be much action on the lighterlife lite posts and I am on day 5 of lighterlife lite.

Hi St.angelo :) and welcome. I thought I'd start writing a diary mainly for myself so I can try and put some of my emotions onto 'paper'. Maybe that'll help. The more support and help we can give each other on here though the better :)
I love all the bars apart from the peanut one. I mean I'll have it maybe once a week but only if I warm it up in a microwave for a few seconds. So far I'm scared of trying the soups as they used to taste vile when I did LL before (2006)
We'll see.
How is everyone doing today? X

Day 13 (!) and it's been pretty full on. Mainly because of work.
It was sooo busy with a few small dramas in between lol
Today at work (I'm a store manager) all the girls went to the food market they set up outside of our shop each Saturday to get their lunches (I used to look forward to that "treat" every week) and because we have a very small back area/staff room, one by one were asking me if I didn't mind them eating there and smelling their yummy food. And I thought aaaaaawwww, how sweet but i said no I absolutely don't mind. I can't run away from food all my life. Also even once i complete LL, I'd still have to face being exposed to things I should avoid. I rather start making a habit of saying no and resisting temptations now so i can have a better chance of successfully maintaining my weight loss (looking forward to that).
Other than that another day ticked off! :D

Good attitude Mags. You're right, it's great preparation for dealing with normal situations when we're back in the land of eating!
I found at the beginning of this that I had to leave the room when someone else's food smelt good. Now I can actually enjoy smelling other people's food and not feel the need to scoff it! Which has made cooking for the kids much easier. I've been baking every week too and loving the smells filling the house, which I never thought I'd be able to do in abstinence.
We actually DO possess self control - what a revelation!
Enjoy your Sunday :D x

Love your new pic Lucy, gorgeous.

Oooh thanks Slenda!! It doesn't seem to look like me :confused: but in a good way I think!!!
I do actually feel ALOT slimmer than when I started. I still want to get to my target, but I think I may find my perfect size/weight is a good half a stone heavier than that. I am prepared to move the goalposts without it feeling like a failure as I just want to be a happy size, not someone else's idea of a perfect weight.
:D:D

Lucy, can I ask why you have changed from LL to Exante? Is it just the cost? How are you finding it?

Jen x

2nd weigh in tonight and I lost 4lbs! I'm very happy with that as its a stone in 2 weeks! :D
Meeting was ok, still waiting for LLC to really sink her teeth into the CBT. So far it's just been more of a general chit chat. To be honest so far I've been getting inspired and learning more from all you guys here than during my meetings. I won't be too harsh though as it's only been 2 weeks.
Other than that it's been a good day. Got lots of TLC from my man today so I'm happy :)

Well done Magic, that's great.
Lucy, I quite agree. I adjusted my weight up by about half a stone, but had to get down to really skinny just tot see and to know that I could do it.
The great thing about LL is that we chose our own goal, no-one tells us what weight we should be.
You'll know instinctively what's right for you.

You're right Slenda. I don't want to be skinny, I do want some curves left!
MuppetGirly - Yes, a change in my circumstances meant I could no longer afford LL, so I decided on a cheaper VLCD. I loved the programme and would have loved to complete it, so I'm continuing the weekly work in the LL foundation book - I still feel "LL" in spirit!
I had made it to the halfway mark at weigh in this morning! V. pleased :D

You know you are "one of us" Lucy x

So i lost a stone in 2 weeks. I'm very happy and proud of that but there's one thing that's bugging me.
I don't look or feel like I lost that much weight! :(
Noone so far has noticed or commented which it's frustrating because it should be noticable!
I know I shouldn't care what others think or say but it bugs me as I kinda can feel lighter but i don't see it.
Does it make sense?
When did you guys start noticing changes in your bodies?

Back