New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

I LOVE all Saints! Totally agree it's overpriced but in the sales there can be some great bargains. It was a goal of mine to even go into the shop, as I never had done before LL as it only goes up to a size 14. I was worried i might not like it as much when i finally got up the courage to go through the door but OMG i was like, 'where have you been all my life?' lol. Now have a top, dress and leather gilet from there. Yum!

MagdaX said:
As always you're right my love!
I'm just thinking aloud really. I'm committed to staying on the plan for a while but maybe adding a few lite meals here and there esp before exercise could give me more energy. I need to talk to my LLC about it.
I'm quite worried for her actually. I've just found out she's been in a hospital for 10 days with pneumonia. She hasn't been feeling well for a while now :(

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Wish I was always right lol kids tell me I'm never right lol but that's kids for ya!

I definately understand where you ard coming from though with furling your exercise, not sure I could manage any yet, that might be an excuse though never really liked exercising prob due to being the biggest in the class or gym lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Spangly I have always wanted a classic black gucci trouser suit not even sure they still do it, maybe a cream channel one ooooo I wish xx

Hi. Just caught up on your diary. 10lbs in a month is fine. I can do that in a week :). Anyhow you'll get it off again in no time. I had to speak my llc a few weeks ago as I was scunnered with the program so went on to rtm before my target weight. I didn't think I'd stick rtm but heading into week 9 and although I've not stuck to the program I kept going to class and weigh in ( I've stayed in same group as no one else is on rtm). I've been up and down quite a bit but the class etc still helps. On the bonus side from this week I'll only need to pay for one pack a day. Yippee! I've still got extra at home so if want to be abstinent I can be. Don't know If this helps but doing rtm rather than no LL at all helps me. X

Oh no, I hope your LLC is ok - how scary :( You know, I am petrified of All Saints and loads of clothes shops. I've only ever been in once to pick up a jumper for my dh and it terrified me. Far too cool - makes me feel old lol! Gotta love Dorothy Perkins too though, I think you're a similar height to me and their tall section is a bit of a god send! Hope you're having a good day x

I am soooo bored of this diet! Seriously fed up. I don't want to be on it anymore. I don't want to have to depend on foodpacks to lose weight.
There must be another way. This is not working for me anymore.
I'm in a foul mood and I am seriously considering coming off the plan.
Ive been on it since September and I've not lost any weight in months.
I think I'm done! My body does not want to do it anymore. It's been telling me that for ages now and perhaps I should start listening to it..

Come on magda, you've done fantastically well!!!! Keep up the packs till you go back for your WI and then talk through your options with your counsellor. Don't have a blow out, right now it seems like the only option but if you can wait till your weigh in it will be worth it, and you'll have made an adult decision rather than an emotional one !! Come on girl, you can do it!!!'n

Sheeesh Magda, What's happened today? Hope you are ok? No great answers, you have all them within you anyway, and have the power to make a rational choice once this blue funk has passed.

Is it Saturday night itus , grumpy, tired, not out enjoying and in need of a treat? Or out and about and wanting to join in and feeling cheesed off about it? Sort out what you are feeling first then make a rational choice, cos at the min it sounds all emotion.

Take care and hope you feel better shortly xx

Mags you have been back in the world of food, getting back into total abstinence is really hard. You mindset is so different now to when you started in September.

Take one day at a time until you see your LLC. Total is probably not the way to go now you have so little left to lose.

You enjoy your food and exercise - so why not do lite or RTM? I do Lite my way - 2 packs 2 meals so I have energy for exercise, can eat out, have fresh food and all important for me fibre!!!

I'm learning so much by doing it this way. How much I can eat and still lose healthily, how far I can go off plan before I gain. I'm in a safe place to experiment.

I don't want to be on packs forever either but I like the safety of having them and some spares for now.

You need to learn these things for you too. Or your off plan gain could continue increasing. I know you don't want to go back where you came from either. You have come soooooo far!!!

There are loads of diets you could do and lose weight, it's the support and counselling that brought me back to LL before too much damage was done. And I'm so very glad I did.

I'm leaner & lighter than when I finished RTM last year, but would still like to lose another half a stone. I'm doing it in a way that is right for me.

Do try to take time to work out what is right for you and you will have the way to lose and maintain without having to do full abstinence every time you gain a little :)

Finish what you started in style!! xx

aww mags sorry u feeling like this..... i felt similar to tois the past 2 days and i was ready to go out the door to the local chippy.... im so glad i didnt. you have done so well and you would tell me to do the same and stay on track and ride it out.... talk to ur LLC on ur next WI and discuss lite or RTM... hugs sweetie xxxx

Guys thank you so much for the support and words of advice.
I had a huge wobble last night. Tears and all.
My poor bf must have been thinking I'm a right weirdo to be crying my eyes out over a diet! lol
In fact I'm so upset and stressed about it I was up all night thinking it all through.
I've been going back and forth trying to understand why I feel the way I feel and to decide what is the best solution for me.
At this moment in time no matter how I look at it I think the best option for me is to move on from the program.
I WILL talk to my LLC about it on Tuesday but my mind is pretty much made up.
No it's not an emotional decision, no rebellious child here.
I'm actually making a conscious adult decision to take control of things and I should have done it looong time ago tbh.
I am not losing weight and I haven't for a good while. My body stops at 180lb and that's it. That has been the case since at least February.
What's the point? £72 a week and I can't even stick to it and get results. Counselling is great but I haven't had a session for months for various reasons.
I've been reading lots of CBT related books and learning that way.
In fact I think I've learned heaps because not only did I get back on straight and narrow straight after my hols but I also didn't have a binge last night which I would normally have done.
I am ok but at the moment I'm not in the right frame of mind for LL.
I have always been singing its praises and I still am but I can't be relying on powdered food forever. I also refuse to accept that if I come off I'll put it all back on.
I won't. I know I won't. There is no way I'm going back! Hell to the no!!!!
I also refuse to accept that I can't continue losing weight on a different program.
At the end of the day I think it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there.
We have to find what's right for us and the way things have been going i know my LL journey has come to an end. At least for now.
If I continue with it I'll keep lapsing and won't see desired results. I'll get more and more frustrated and disheartened. Not to mention I'd be throwing £72 a week down the drain..
Most of all though I'm worried about the physiological effect this has on me. I'm starting to see myself developing a slight eating disorder. A fear of food and eating. I get so nervous and anxious around food. I don't like that. I don't want to see it as my enemy. Food is not evil and that's how I've been thinking of it lately.
It's got to stop!

Sooo... The plan is.
I'll move on to a quick rtm from Monday. I've got quite a few packs left so I reckon a couple of weeks of that would do given the fact I have been back in the world of food not so long ago.
After that I'll move on to a program my bf found for me. He's an ex American football player and an athlete so he knows a lot about nutrition etc.
Well he bought me this book by Dr Mike Moreno called The 17 Day Diet.
I read it while I was on hols and I think it makes a lot of sense.
I'll write more about it soon and explain the concept if you are interested but in a nutshell he looks at weight loss in 4 cycles each consisting of 17 days in which your body is constantly pushed to lose weight and prevent plateaus.
Each cycle changes your meal plan to keep your metabolism guessing and burning more fat.
It also will allow me to continue focusing on my fitness and exercise regime without compromising my health.
The first phase is very much like a non food pack version of LL. Almost completely protein based. I should still be in ketosis and I should still lose fat.
Yeah I know what you might be thinking. 'there's no way she'd stick to it on her own'.
Yes I will! I'm equipped in knowledge, will power and determination. That will never leave me again! My lifestyle and my approach to food has changed forever and there is no way I'll ever go back to that tele tubby from my 'before' pic! ;)
I'd love to share my diary with you ladies but I'm not sure if I'll still belong here.
Please let me know if I'm still ok writing on here or if I should ask Pierce to move my diary to a different place.
I'll continue reading your stories and try my best to show you all support and love on here. That won't change :)
Please understand I need to do this for me in order for me to progress and reach my goal.
I'll be ever so grateful if you continue supporting me on here as I know for a fact this would help me but I'll understand if you chose not to and not think of me as part of the group anymore.
Either way I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.
It's funny how people you never met in your life can mean so much to you...

Here's to the next stage of my journey :)

Last edited:
Glad you are thinking it through, and glad you didn''t binge. I think rational choices are the most important things to learn around food. It's when the food starts making the choices for us that the problems begin as we feel disempowered.

Whichever way you decide to go would love to hear about it and offer what limited words of support that I can. So please stick around. You are in the realms of exercise and food so totally out of my area of expertise lol

Keep up the positive life changes. All the best. x

Hey beautiful, I know you have struggled with this plan for a little while now and it must be difficult being on it for so long, I know for me got to the 3 month stage and I was getting bored. I really feel for you but think you are a well grounded, sensible woman who now understands the relationship you should have with food. As you say the fact you didnt cave over the past few days is proof of that.

Personally I believe you and you alone controls your own destiny and also believe in your mind this isn't the end if anything it's a different method of transport to get there!

I would be so sad to see you disappear from this forum and to be honest not sure you need to as Hannah mentioned she is doing her version of light, I am now off the plan for medical reason and there will be many others posting in here that are adapting the diet to suit there needs, so that said would love for you to stick around. The advice you offer is so much more than just about LL, it's life related and we all need that when we get passed LL. SB is another example of this, what an amazing woman always there to support, just like you Mags. There are many others too.

Remember Mags, the power lies within you. Ask, believe & receive , it's yours for the taking!

Hope you have a great day hun xx

Here here Lady T!

Mags, your diary is what spured me on to take the step to do LL. You've been so supportive to so many and I've seen the change in your diary and can tell your not as happy.

You have made your mind up and its obvious you have taken the time to work out what is right for you. I'm behind you 100% hun. Your a special lady and I would love for you to stay on this forum and to support you in your journey.

Big hugs hun xxx

Do pleeeeease keep your diary on here whatever you decide to do!! Its where it belongs!!

The ladies on here encouraged me to stay when I stopped abstinence.

The next stages of your journey are interesting to us all too - we all need to plan what happens next at some stage!!

And ... we will miss you if you leave us!! kisses xx

Hello Magda
What an open and honest post. You have poured your heart out to us. I see many emotions there. Resignation, disappointment and frustration as well as some excitement and looking forward to releasing yourself from LL and allowing yourself to try something different. It seems as though you already have a plan and the support of your bf. Did he suggest the same plan before you did LL? What made you choose LL originally?
Only you can decide what's best for you and your future plans and it's great that you have support. I think you know that you are always welcome to post here. You are one of us hun.
Good luck, Stay strong xxx

Hey Mags... :)

Just to echo what everyone else has said, you're such a fab girl and have inspired so many on here with you frank and honest posts... we have all got to know and luv ya, and want to be here to continue supporting you... the way you do us! So please do continue with your diary, and also tell us more about this new plan you're going on... sounds very interesting... :)

And I also hope you're still up for the 5th June Spa day! We MUST still meet you, been looking forward to it! Anyway, stay positive, you're clearly focused and I have no doubt you will succeed... so am just excited to continue following your journey and celebrating your success! Love ya hunny!...

xxx

Thank you for your lovely posts my darlings.
It means more than you can ever imagine.
I will carry on with my diary no doubt just wasn't sure if here it'll be the right place for it on this forum. But as long as you're happy to have me here I'm good :)
I'll catch up with everyone's diaries real soon I promise I just have a lot going on at the moment mainly work wise. I have my appraisal tomorrow and I'm surprisingly nervous. Been working like a b.i.t.c.h lately currently on my day 6 two more to go.

Starting my rtm tomorrow which will consist of 3 packs and a light meal.
Then we'll take it from there.
I'll try and go to see my LLC on Tuesday to talk to her IF I finish work on time.

Good news is I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I'm 8lbs down!
Fat and water % are going down too!
Good times.

I'll catch up with you soon.

Love you all.

P. S. Yes for June 5th :)

Last edited:
Back