New Beginnings

Thanks girls.

Slight change to menu today.

B - Porridge, skimmed milk, berries.
L - 3 ryvita, 2 boiled eggs, mayo, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onions, red peppers.
D - Chicken curry, brown rice. 0% Greek yogurt, berries.

Snacks - 2 tangerines and 1 apple if needed.

Stocked up on my strawberry water as well.
I have to work an extra shift tomorrow night, due to staff shortages, so at least that saves a boozy session :)

Edit to add a slice of Birthday Cake - Rude not to participate eh ;)

Last edited:
hi mary hope you are well. just catching up with the threads, and it's great to see you back on track after a difficult time. Sorry we never had the chance to meet up again in icmeler, with tony being ill. Anyway I am still maintaining, in fact I am now actually 7 pounds lighter than I was when I was in icemeler and weigh 9.3 I need to tone up now, so that's my aim next year. At the moment cannot get into the exercise zone, but will try an motivate myself in the coming weeks. Anyway keep well and look after yourself and I wish you all the best, go girl.

I must say your food looks really varied and filling .. ('specially the birthday cake eh! :giggle:) xx

Is your extra night due to the strikes? I should/could (?) have striked? struck? been on strike! tomorrow night but I'm on holiday so fortunately didn't have to make the decision! xx

Would you have striked Jan?

Mary your lunch today sounds delish! Think I'm guna plan something like that for next week. Delish! X

Nope! Not a chance .... though it might not have gone down well .. tough titties eh! :) xx

hi mary hope you are well. just catching up with the threads, and it's great to see you back on track after a difficult time. Sorry we never had the chance to meet up again in icmeler, with tony being ill. Anyway I am still maintaining, in fact I am now actually 7 pounds lighter than I was when I was in icemeler and weigh 9.3 I need to tone up now, so that's my aim next year. At the moment cannot get into the exercise zone, but will try an motivate myself in the coming weeks. Anyway keep well and look after yourself and I wish you all the best, go girl.

OMG Joy, you were already tiny, and you have lost another 7lbs. Well done and good luck on the toning, I too cant get motivated enough to exercise. It was great meeting you both on holiday too, shame about the last night that Tony was ill, but there is always next year :)

I must say your food looks really varied and filling .. ('specially the birthday cake eh! :giggle:) xx

The cake was gorgeous, but I was good and only had a thin slice ;)

Is your extra night due to the strikes? I should/could (?) have striked? struck? been on strike! tomorrow night but I'm on holiday so fortunately didn't have to make the decision! xx

No Jan, its due to sickness, the strike isn't really affecting us, well indirectly it will, because the control rooms in the Police Force etc are on strike, so I dont know where we will get the information from. Already started now with tunnels being closed at midnight, so had to set loads of signage on the Motorway for that.

Mary your lunch today sounds delish! Think I'm guna plan something like that for next week. Delish! X

I always find eggs so good for lunch times, and love them cooked in each and every way. :D

Mary I knew I liked you, thanks for saying I AM TINY!! It's maintaining part that's difficult and although I dont want to lose anymore it's keeping it off that is the challenge. Booked to go to cuba in april and hopefully a week in icmeler end of September. So we may bump into each other again which would be nice.

We go again in May, then sept 17th for two weeks, so will most definitely have to meet up - tell Tony not to forget he owes Phill a beer for the Irish loss to Wales........:)

Oohhh and BTW, you ARE tiny, but very lovely with it, we enjoyed yourself and Tony's company, just a shame Phill had his off day on the boat, but I am sure you seen the difference in him on the meet up night at Tandoori Sizzler ;)

In work now for my extra shift, so far so good, I hope the night goes quick.

Looking forward to Friday to see my Son, I love our meet ups, but it usually involves extra food and LOTS of alcohol :D

Food today

B - Porridge, water, skimmed milk.
D - Lumpy mashed potatoes, 2 quorn sausages, onions, peas, gravy. (worst dinner in months - thanks Phill)
T - 3 ryvita, half a tin of red salmon, cucumber. 0% Greek yogurt, 3 pineapple rings, teaspoon of Thyme Honey (from Turkey).

Snacks - 2 tangerines, 1 apple.

HaHa .. well he tried - and if he did it too well he'd have to do it all the time ;) xx

haha I quite like lumpy mash :eek: especially mixed with a bit of HP sauce :drool: always reminds me of going to bristol every school holiday to see my grandma and grandad and thats how he used to have it!

I don't even try to call anything 'mash' any more. I just can't do it without lumps so I call it 'crush' ;) xx

Well girls, my mash is wonderful, even if I do say so myself. The pots are strained, back on the heat to dry a little, then mashed with a knob of butter and milk, then whisked...........perfection, thats how I just hated those horrible pots today, you just cant get perfection these days ;)

Your mash really sounds nice! I never have it now as OH hates it!!
Foodwise, you are doing fab. Keep it up.

It feels good to be in the zone, long may it continue.

Oh I forgot to add, when I got home this morning, I felt really tired, and a little irritable, so I had an Irish Coffee, well just a nescafe with a dash of whisky. It sure warmed the cockles. I may just have another one in the morning.

I might even treat myself around Xmas and have a real one with cream........ :drool:

Mmm Irish coffee!!! I love it. I love a baileys coffee even more . I have a bottle just for baileys coffees over Christmas !!

Oh it is delicious:
Same measure of black coffee as for an Irish coffee.
A measure of Baileys and stir.
Top with soft whipped cream
No need to add sugar as the baileys will be sweet enough.

Back