New Beginnings

The above are the new tweaked core plan, and on top of this, you get 49pp to use weekly. I am loving it. This new plan also allows bread.

The rules for a Filling & Healthy day
  • Choose a Filling & Healthy day as often or a little as you like. You simply decide which approach to counting you want to take, on a day-by-day basis.
  • Focus on eating Filling & Healthy foods throughout the day.
  • Ignore the ProPoints values and portion sizes of any Filling & Healthy foods you eat on this day. Instead use your feelings of satisfaction as your guide to how much to eat.
  • You should include two teaspoons of healthy oil in your meals and recipes for the day (sunflower, olive, flaxseed, safflower or rapeseed oil) without counting them. If you eat more than two teaspoons of healthy oil during the day, deduct the additional ProPoints values from your weekly ProPoints allowance.
  • Use your weekly allowance for any non-Filling & Healthy foods you eat during the day.
  • There are certain drinks, seasonings and condiments you can have in unlimited quantities too such as Coffee and tea, black or with skimmed milk (without sugar), diet fizzy drinks and water.

Mary thats brilliant, well done :) the core plan is defo working for you & you seem happy & focused on it.

Lose the veggies and eat chocolate ... If only ;) lol

Sunday's Menu.

B - Porridge, skimmed milk, berries.
L - 3 ryvita, 2 boiled eggs, wafer thin ham, LF Mayo, Tomato, Cucumber. Yogurt and apple.
D - 2 grilled rashers of bacon, fat removed. 2 quorn sausages. 1 grilled tomato. 1 large grilled mushroom. 2 eggs scrambled. Baked beans. 2 ryvita.

I will probably have a couple of bacardi's tomorrow night as its my last dayshift.

Notice the switch from Vodka to Bacardi?........just felt like a change :D

Edit to food - 2 Thorntons chocolates. I fancied chocolate, so I told myself I could have 2 but no more - it worked, so I am happy with that.

Last edited:
Wow what a lot of info - thanks Mary :)

Hope you enjoy the bacardis tomorrow - a change is as good as a rest eh! :) xx

It's nice to get away from mr Smirnoff now & again :) x

I wont desert him for too long though, he is always my long trusted friend that I keep returning to, I could never end our relationship :)

How is it going Mary? Well done on the loss- glad you have found something that works so well for you :) x

Thank you T, it is working well for me and I dont feel as though I am dieting as such, just a healthy way of life, eating healthy foods and minimum processed foods. Really enjoying it and focused on it at the moment.

Edited to add 2 Thorntons Choccies to yesterdays list. I told myself I could have 2 as I was really fancying some chocolate, but no more than 2, so at least I didnt feel deprived of something and I stuck to the 2. Really pleased with that.

Been a busy day today before my first nightshift, shopping, cleaning, cooking curry, but a pleasant day.

Weather is terrible tonight, and driving to work was quite horrendous really. It seemed darker, with constant drizzle and all the headlights seemed so much brighter than usual. Roll on Summer.

Menu Today.

B - Porridge, skimmed milk/water.
D - Chicken Curry, Brown Rice. LF yogurt.
Snack - 1 apple.
T - 3 ryvita, tuna, onion, mayo. 0% Greek Yogurt and Pineapple Chunk.
Snack - 1 pear and 2 tangerines for during the night.

Weather is v.miserable here too :(
menu is looking fab again and well done for sticking to the two chocolates xx

Your food looks YUMMY Mary :)
I'm well impressed at you stopping at 2 chocs! You MUST be focussed - great stuff, go YOU!! :D xx

Thanks Jan, I gave myself a firm talking to before-hand that I had to stick to just the 2, after my fest of 7 last week!!!

I'm still impressed - I couldn't do it! x

Not fair, just settled to watch Im a celebrity, and work phone keeps ringing, how dare people want recovery services when they break down on the Motroway while I am watching my fave programme ;)

How rude of them!!!!! :p

How very dare they!!!! :eek: xxx

Just over an hour left to go in work, absolutely shattered, my eyes are stinging. At least the weather has dried up a little, allbeit a bit windy.

Food today will be.

B - Porridge, skimmed milk, berries.
L - Bacon omelette, grilled tomato, grilled quorn sausage, beetroot ball. 0% Greek yogurt, 2 pineapple rings.
D - Chicken curry, brown rice.

Snacks - Tangerines, Apple.

Well in the zone , Mary. Once you put your mind to it you do brilliantly on plain old fashioned healthy choices. Here's to another great week.

U look to be doing really well on this plan Mary, meals sound lovely too x

Back