New-bie/chat, & advice anyone...please?

Chicken foo yung + ribs = immensely satisfying, it is true. Even when my OH has rice AND chips, after a bit of chip envy at the beginning of the meal, it is impossible to feel deprived once your tummy is full of all that yummy.

Do you eat the peas? I do, and feel all decadent. Over peas! Mad, isn't it?

Can't have peas on my one, and my chinese doesn't put peas in it. Are we allowed bean sprouts? cos I love them in a stir fry! and i had 6 MASSIVE ribs. they were huge! My OH had 2! They were lovely though, loads of flavour - never had them before.

Food Item: Bean Sprouts
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 1.5g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
Net Carbs: 1g

Jim you should be renamed 'The Atkins Oracle', lol!
I might jst try those ribs on Friday along with foo yung, I will see what varieties they do. Has anyone had fried seaweed? I was told that it has 'hidden' carbs-such a sauces/additives si it isn't low-carb friendly.
xxxxxsharon

I don't think the seaweed can be that bad, I have difficulty getting enough in my mouth Sharon. LOL

I love seaweed - it's just fried cabbage. Or bok choi. Apparently they toss sugar in when cooked - propbably why it's so moreish!

As for the bean sprouts, I've worked out that means there's about 4.5g of carbs per 100g.

ouch! so glad I didn't order that the other night in the mistaken belief it would be ok!

Bloody hell, That is a huge amount of carbs. Just goes to show, I thought it was probably OK.

Wow, I would never have guessed that about crispy seaweed. It always tastes more salty to me...

It never ceases to amaze me just how many foods THEY can find ways of adding sugar to! Pre-cooked meat in supermarkets is my main bugbear. I understand it being part of the curing process in cured meats, but why do you need sugar in cooked chicken or turkey? Exasperating.

Well as I labelled it a chat thread here's my news....
I should have gone riding yesterday & have a refresher in tacking up (horse has a Kimblewick bit which I've never put on a horse before:confused:) as my friend is going away & I'm looking after her horse. Before anyone rings the RSPCA:eek: he's part draught horse & carries me as though I'm ten stone (I SO wish I was, lol!!!;))!!!!!
Well as you all know it p*ssed it down yesterday so we went to get him to just tack him up & pick his hooves......guess what?? normally he trots up, this time he was as far away from the gate as possible and we had to avoid the HUGE & deep puddles by the gate, I got electrocuted by the fence:eek:&:raincloud: we both were totally soaked by the time we'd done. Still it was exercise (striding round horse poos; millions it seemed; and puddles) & fresh air I hope the weather is better next week, not just for me but for her as she's camping in Scotland.
Anyone got any plans, doing anything?
xxxxxxxsharon

Sounds like an interesting day Sharon. :)

Hi VOODOO
Just started myself 3 days ago gettin on ok at the moment but a bit confused about what you can and cant eat on induction,is it just whats in the book or other low carb foods e.g pork sausages?
How are you getting on ?:D:D

Belle, basically you should be aiming at getting the majority of your carbs from good leafy green veggies, I'd also advise where possible to eat unprocessed meats, especially on induction love.

Back