New Books / weights - positive and negatives

Can anyone help me with a problem...I really am desperate to get hold of the new books as there seem to be quite a lot of changes. However, I can't go to a group as I'm underweight and really can't afford online prices or the crazy prices folk are asking opn Ebay. I really want to go to a class as I know there's offers on which I could afford, but I'm pretty sure they won't allow me to join. Anyone suggest anything??

Thankyou in advance

Lea xx

Can anyone help me with a problem...I really am desperate to get hold of the new books as there seem to be quite a lot of changes. However, I can't go to a group as I'm underweight and really can't afford online prices or the crazy prices folk are asking opn Ebay. I really want to go to a class as I know there's offers on which I could afford, but I'm pretty sure they won't allow me to join. Anyone suggest anything??

Thankyou in advance

Lea xx

Can I ask why you're following sw if you're underweight? Is it a maintenance plan that you follow?

And nope, no ideas about how you can get the packs apart from ebay as if your BMI is underweight you won't be able to join (you don't have a minimum of 7lbs to lose).

I developed an eating disorder this year but have followed SW for past 9 years (maintenence) I'm recovering now and putting on weight but still follow principals of SW, I can't not it's engrained in me. Actually it's what is helping me get better, as I know I can have a healthy balanced diet again without getting big again.

I developed an eating disorder this year but have followed SW for past 9 years (maintenence) I'm recovering now and putting on weight but still follow principals of SW, I can't not it's engrained in me. Actually it's what is helping me get better, as I know I can have a healthy balanced diet again without getting big again.

Well done for beating it - it takes a stong person to do that and start recovering.

Ok patch I didn't know that thought it was new :) my C did say 100g extra light is an A choice but I can't see it in the book. She is normally pretty good with these things..... We will see though :)

Ok patch I didn't know that thought it was new :) my C did say 100g extra light is an A choice but I can't see it in the book. She is normally pretty good with these things..... We will see though :)

I've just had a look on the website and it still only shows as a HEB on green, unless they have only just added it after the printing of the new books etc?

I have found that one of the cheapest packets of oats can be bought in Lidl. I think the pack is 500grms and it cost less than 50p so that's less than 5p per portion. I make mine with water and add fruit when it's cooked.

I always have my porridge with milk and salt - I think it's a Scottish thing! I now live in the US and all the sachets of porridge are sweet here - they have apple and cinnamon, peaches and cream and blueberry etc. Everyone has different tastes I suppose! :) xx

I love mine very milky and sweet. But now only have skimmed milk and am experimenting with a little water milk mix. Must say I do prefer it very milky tho

Yeah but the Oat so Simple are much more convenient. You always pay more for convenience.

I buy OSS for school cause I find prepping lunch and my milk enough of a hassle so having a big box of OSS in school so all I have to do is pour out the oats, fill up the sachet with water and ping just so much easier. I know if I put the effort in and weigh in advance it would be almost as easy, but then I don't wanna put the effort in, lol. So the price for me is worth the saved time. :)

But having worked out the volume once, I don't have to weigh it again. I scoop out the right amount of oats into a bowl, add the water, and microwave. It takes no longer than using OSS.

And in fact I find OSS less convenient - pouring milk into that flimsy paper bag has often been a disaster!!

But hey - each to their own. We all do things differently.

HEA choices new book page 21:
Cheese grab and go section
2*35g tubs of Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese = 1HEA....

Nothing about Extra light in this section :-(

Hope this helps,
nona
x

But having worked out the volume once, I don't have to weigh it again. I scoop out the right amount of oats into a bowl, add the water, and microwave. It takes no longer than using OSS.

And in fact I find OSS less convenient - pouring milk into that flimsy paper bag has often been a disaster!!

But hey - each to their own. We all do things differently.

LOL, See I don't trust volume. I think that sometimes the oats will be slightly smaller or some other variable meaning they are more or less dense so the value wouldn't be accurate. But I KNOW that's my weird brain chaos. :)

OSS are on sale in £1 shop.

Buy them for my MIL every week and she said they are a lot cheaper than Supermarket.

Shrimpy - the one upstairs in Broadmarsh.

Phili extra light cheese spread is 100g =1 Hea or 1 Heb on green, Page 84 Slimmers World Mag March/April 2011, hope that solves the problem!

Cool thanks Pete :) strange how it's not in the book though seen as it was in a mag ages ago. It will be almost a full tub you can have and will go great on extra easy on chicken or pasta I love it so am glad my C was right :D

bilsat said:
Phili extra light cheese spread is 100g =1 Hea or 1 Heb on green, Page 84 Slimmers World Mag March/April 2011, hope that solves the problem!

Fruitybabe said:
Cool thanks Pete :) strange how it's not in the book though seen as it was in a mag ages ago. It will be almost a full tub you can have and will go great on extra easy on chicken or pasta I love it so am glad my C was right :D

I wouldn't be too sure, as it's definitely NOT on the HEa lists on the website! Also bear in mind that mag is nearly 12 month old and Slimming World change HEa and HEb's quite often due to recipe changes! Personally I wouldn't risk it as correct calcium intake levels are so important when losing weight. I'd check with SW first just in case!!

I know it's not on there tigger that's why I brought it up here. I will clarify with my C about this as she definitely said it was a A choice for 100g, maybe the site isn't updated yet. It's like the philli light with flavours was never in the book or on the site but it was a choice so maybe that's the same, I don't know will see what SW says :) Thanks for bringing that up tho

Fruitybabe said:
I know it's not on there tigger that's why I brought it up here. I will clarify with my C about this as she definitely said it was a A choice for 100g, maybe the site isn't updated yet. It's like the philli light with flavours was never in the book or on the site but it was a choice so maybe that's the same, I don't know will see what SW says :) Thanks for bringing that up tho

The flavoured ones are on the website!

Back