New Cambridge Dieter

Morning everyone, how are you all??well i weighed in this morning, ive lost 14.5lbs (started at 17st10) so im chuffed to bits :) im terrified of the thought of saggy skin so moving to step 2 so i can have a meal in the evenings so i can start exercising so i think this be less weekly moving forward but wil start shifting those dreaded love handles. Has anyone else been exercising? If so just wondered how youve found it? 8 & a half weeks til my holiday so got to take out all the stops :)

That's a great loss keen!! I've just been weighed and lost 11lb so mi in greAt order too! Start weight 15st 5lb - not don't ny exercise yet another week before I Attempt it!!

Amazing well done kimmy! Cant wait til i reach the 14's, u must be really happy :) Well ive got fitsteps dvd -loved a bit of strictly on my saturdays - so wanted to try it, ill let u know how long i actually manage to do lol

Well done Keen! Get my weigh in tomorrow afternoon.

I have heard doing exercise on SS can actually slow your weight loss down as it sends your body into panic mode saving everything it can.

I have barely managed to walk the dog and do some housework this week!

Good luck for tomorrow!! is that the same with step 2 the weight gain? Its literally because im scared of saggy skin, not everyone gets it to be fair but thought it may be worth giving it a go?

Wow - well done Vee's Girl, Kimmy & Keen2Change! These are awesome losses :) Will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow, Emma. You've worked so hard I'm sure it'll show up on the scales.

I've not had the leg pain thing, but I remember seeing it on the side effects page of the CWP site - it was meant to be about a change in balance of sodium or something when we initially lose lots of water. It's meant to get better along with other side effects, so hope it does. Hope you find the tiredness fades soon too. I guess with SS it just takes a bit more time for your body to get it's head around the change and work out how to burn more fuel.

I've read that intense exercise on the SS plan is a no no (at least for the first couple of weeks, and then only gentle exercise. I read something like you mentioned, Emma - that if you exercise too much it freaks out your body and it jets into the 'hang on to fat' mode. I've had a look at CWP 'Cambridge Active' pages, though, to get guidance as I was exercising pre CWP and really wanted to get back into it asap as I'm also worried about the saggy skin thing. As I'm on Step 2 I start exercising this weekend. I've been using Fitstar app to do short (8-10 minute workouts). Today's was on my core which was really challenging - but felt OK. I know I have less energy available than pre-diet, so am trying to be gentle with myself and listen to my body. Also tried a bit of interval jogging with my hubby today. Just 30s of fast(ish) jogging, and then 90s of resting. I managed 6 reps before getting too tired - and it got my heart rate up. Small attempts at exercise, but hoping that this will be OK on the step I'm on. Definitely felt a bit tired this pm, though :eek:

Cool to think about the non-food treats. Yesterday, I had a massage (with a LUSH bar ... mmm) and got a lovely facemask (again, from LUSH) which left me feeling all smooth and pampered. It felt really nice to do something for my body, seeing as i've been neglecting it for so many years. I figure if I do a little treat each week then it might help with the motivation too. Am trying to think of treats for every stone - I haven't had my hair done in months and months, so might treat myself to a new 'do'. It's really hard to think of non-food treats, though, so any and all inspiration is welcome.

Best wishes, everyone

:happy096:

Good luck for tomorrow!!  is that the same with step 2 the weight gain? Its literally because im scared of saggy skin, not everyone gets it to be fair but thought it may be worth giving it a go?

I think Step 2 is OK to exercise after you're used to it, but check it out with your consultant. I'll let you know how it goes for me at my next WI as I'm on Step 2 and beginning to bring in some exercise. For the saggy skin worry (and I worry quite a bit about this as I've been overweight most of my life) I'm moisturising myself every single day. Apparently this, plus water, is a good way of helping the skin stay more elastic. I think exercise can help too, by toning your muscles, but given the amount I have to lose I don't think it'll fully stop the sag (so I'm putting what effort I can into my skin and overall health to give me the best chance possible). Fingers crossed!

Hiya all!
Brightside, that sounds right actually about the sodium as i love salt on my food so maybe thats why it was happening, found it happened mostly the first few days but eased off as of Friday. i was planning on giving myself pamper treats per stone from 2 stone as well, i love a hot stone massage! As a new years resolution i said to my boyf that we would go out for dinner once a month, as i cant trust myself as id no way order a salad at prezzo ive had to disappoint him already lol, he understands tho so hes happy with a tub of pringles for now haha. i decided to pick up my kettle bell while watching the voice yesturday just because my love handles are dreadful so not done anything intense yet as still on ss til tomorrow but thought i could do with something? But the lack of energy i had this week i just couldnt do anything whichs why im moving to step 2. definately let me know how weigh in goes after exercise!

Hey folks... how are you all doing?

Well done K2C and Kim! Brilliant losses! We are well on our way to Thindom!!! :D

My consultant told me no exercising at all on SS+ because I was not eating enough to burn the energy needed... The water and cutting out salt will help with saggy skin apparently... when I lost the weight before, my stomach was awful, the lose skin hung down like a massive apron - but the rest of me was fine. If I maintain it for a year or so - I will seriously look into getting a tummy tuck!

When I get to level 2 - I'll start walking in the evenings. For now I plan to stay SS+ til end of February (I expect to have at least 3.5 stone gone by then - my halfway point).

I have to go on dates with my partner, we need those nights out for us, we've two kids age 9 and 17, a wedding in June and working full-time... but we've compromised on going for coffee, going to cinema, a show, a meal out once a month - there's a couple of good places where I can get grilled plain chicken or tuna with green salad etc. Maybe you can do same K2C?

I was over in UK for work for 2 days, and managed to stay within the diet... had fresh tuna steak and steamed pak choi for dinner (no sauce, no noodles) then two poached eggs with 3 large grilled mushrooms for breakfast next day. sneaked the shakes and soups in between - no one noticed ;) Shattered today - attended a funeral this morning, but declined the invite to the meal afterwards. My water in-take isn't great - I'll be trying to make up for it over the next few days.

How are you all doing?

Hey all

Vee, it Sounds like youre doing really well!! How are you feeling? Any hunger pangs or tiredness? Well i would order a salad but i know what im like will turn up with good intentions and order the bad stuff coz it tastes toooo goood so just avoiding it for now until ive lost more weight.

Ive started exercising, makes a huge difference with the 1 meal, no carbs in it mainly just chicken breast seasoned with garlic and some broccoli and cabbage but no gravy or spuds or something but coping ok so far, remains to be seen on the scales!!

DAY 11

Well day 11 for me and think my body is finally adjusting to no food!! the last couple of days is the best ive felt since I started although I was pretty hungry last night - no headaches or nothing so I can cope with this now!! im feeling the weight loss is slow this week (this is my 2nd week) and ive stuck to the shakes and bars. ive had a couple of spag bogs which ive really enjoyed - ordered a pile for next week - feel as though ive had a meal afterwards and it filled me up! don't want to have them too often though as think I will scunner myself with them. Tried mix a mousse yesterday for first time and it was not a success but I got some tips to try again!

How did every one else do weight loss on 2nd week - I don't get weighed until sunday (going by my own scales its not great so far but still got a couple of days to go!). managing the water intake - just but still not done exercise - was going to do some next week in SS+ but if that's not a good idea I wont bother?

I thought we can't have bars or the spag bog til our 3rd week? I can't wait to get the bars so I can have a nibble in the evening... some evenings I have the chocolate with hot water to make hot chocolate. That keeps me sane!

I've not felt any hunger since day 5/6 so this week is easy... I have my civil ceremony dress (size 14) hanging up on my bedroom wall as a motivator - I last wore it on my 40th 3 years ago, my consultant said "it'll be falling off you by then" :D I bloody hope so!!!

Oops maybe not allowed it to 3rd week I never got it for. Consultant someone gave me two sachets to try! Got bars off my consultant for second week tho

Hi all, Sounds like you're all doing amazingly well :) Vee's Girl - awesome that you managed to stay on it whilst away from home. I'm up north for some training next week, so I'll be trying to do something similar (fingers crossed). It's my work leaving do in less than 2 weeks, so to help me find a way of saying 'no' to the many offers of drinks I've let everyone know i've given up alcohol for 6 months to raise money for charity (and am getting people to sponsor me instead of give me booze). I'm getting strangely fond of soda water :eek:

I've just had my week 2 WI (i've been on step 2 since the start) and i've lost another 5lb (that's 12lb overall!). I'm really happy with that and can feel the difference already. I feel lighter, and I tried on a pair of trousers that have never fitted me and can actually do them up. I'd prepared myself for little or no weight loss this week, so woop!

I've been doing a bit of exercise - some jogging/circuit training on Saturday and a few short FitStar workouts - so I'm guessing this is helping.

I'm not feeling like going off-plan at all. The closest I came to it was when my hubbie sat down next to me with the most lovely smelling roast potatoes. Aside from that, I've been pretty content with my shakes/bars/soups and my evening protein-heavy meal. Really hoping I can keep up the momentum because - if I lose another couple of pounds, I'll be the lightest I've been for over a decade!?!?

What are you guys doing about the saggy skin worry. I've been moisturising most days, drinking bucketloads of water and getting my hubbie to give me a weekly massage (he's an ex massage therapist, which helps) .... but am still a bit worried. I know it's better than being overweight - but somehow want most of it to magically disappear. Either that or find an awesome cream that does the trick :eek:

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. Nearly week 2 done. Have put in my order ready for Monday and am looking forward to trying some bars. Will be trying to keep busy this weekend :)

Hi all

Brightside, for the saggy skin im exercising now and also doing a dry body scrub and mositurising (apparently that helps?)

Allneedles, week 2 already how have u found it so far?

Im heading to the gym today to use weights and possibly some cardio, depends how much energy i have left lol

I havent lost much this week from jumping on the scales today so guessing its the shock to the system? But have noticed the rolls have reduced so will keep with step 2 for now then probably go back to sole source in a couple of weeks to jump start the loss bigger again me thinks

WI this morning, another 6lb gone! Officially 1st 1lb gone in 13 days!

At first my consultant said 5lb but when I counted it was actually 6lb... whoop!

I'm not going to worry about saggy skin til it happens. But I'll be getting regular massages and will slap on the cream when I can... I'm a wash-n-go gal, ready n out the door in 10 minutes, I put face cream, deo and depending on my work schedule for the day a quick squirt of Jo Malone. No faffing around with creams or make-up (bar odd mascara or lip gloss ) unless I've had a bath etc. I admire those who make time to make themselves up every day...

My friend is on CD step 2 (she cant do SS cos she's on meds) since November and she has lost 2 stone 4lb... it's much slower for her on the scales but the funny thing is she's losing inches-constantly. Her clothes are now falling off her - so don't follow the scales follow the inches too!

That's a really good point Vee's Girl - if the fat is getting lost then it'll show somewhere (scales or inches) ... it's a good idea not to focus purely on the numbers on the scale each week as there are so many factors at play that sometimes they don't reflect what's actually happening (in the short term - I guess it all pans out over time). I was reading up on how much your weight varies during the day when I was worried about my evening weigh in (slightly obsessively, I'm afraid) and it seems like it can vary a huge amount. It made me re-think my weighing worries and focus more on the fact I'm following a solid plan 100% and if I hang in there it'll show on the scales as well as the waistband. Hard to keep in mind, sometimes, though.

Keen2Change - Hope the gym goes well and that the scales catch up with your roll-reduction next time you step on them :)

Allneedles - Hope your weekend is good and busy :) I've been on the bars till the start and they're a really good way (for me) to keep my energy up in the day at work. I tend to have one at lunch and it has really helped me feel a bit more perky in the pm. Feels like a real treat, too. I tried the mix a mousse last night too (with butterscotch shake) which worked out pretty nice. Good to mix it up a little, I think, as I'm in this for a long haul.

Have a great saturday evening all. I'm looking forward to getting home and chilling out (been at work today and am pretty tired)

Morning, weigh-in tomorrow morning :)
i have found the last two weeks ok. I have been having porridge/rice pudding for breakfast & lunch then hot shakes in the evening. Being winter I don't like them cold & helps keep my temp up so I don't feel cold in myself. Will be having a bar for lunch from tomorrow!

i do find it takes me about an hour to pull myself around in the morning enough to walk the dog. Prob because I haven't been drinking water all night.

Morning all

Glad its going well allneedles! I havent had the bars but ive heard theyre quite nice.

So i weighed intoday and lost 5.5lbs this week so thats 20lbs so far! :)

Back