New CDC and STS!!

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
hi Girls and guys.

A bit of a moan, I need to..

B4 left home, jumped on home scales and had lost 3lb since my WI on Sunday. If I've lost on my scales, I've always lost on the CDC's ones.

Anyway, I went to a new CDC as moving area's. She's nice enough, but she moves her scales, ie she brought them in from the other room. I got on them and STS. I was gutted. Have had a great week, on ss+ and felt good about going. Not sure I really want to go back. Old CDC used to leave her scales in the same position every week.

Moan over :mad:.

Will it really make a difference if she's having them in the same place for you each week? While not at all wanting to sound harsh, maybe it was just a STS week for you. Or maybe it's that there's a slight difference between their scales. I don't think her moving them from one place to another will make much of a difference, if anything at all. Scales will read differently, but next week it'll register your loss and that's the more important thing. If you really want to you can just use your scales as your official weight. I'm sure that next week you'll show a loss, you're working hard and I'm sure it's working!!

Hi Caroline,

Yes, I think it does make a difference. She's having work done in her house and they were in a different room, she moved them to the hallway. My old CDC said that she would never move the scales for anyone, she said it was not fair, as they could then be out and to get a true reading, the scales in the same place each week, could not lie. If I would have had a STS week, then my scales at home would not have moved at all and they had, 3.5 loss in fact. So I know, I worked hard this week, more water due to weather too. I'll go along next week and will do the same before I go, and if I have had a loss still and the scales aren't showing it, then I'll change CDC's. Just not happy with them being moved from room to room, and a few other ppl have said the same too. xx

Scales do vary additionally if you weighed first thing in the morning had you had anything to drink before weighing at the CDC's.

1 pint of water weighs llb so if you had a shake and a few glasses of water you would have weighed more. Also you have to take into account your clothing.

Sure all will be okay next week.

This is why I use my scales as an official weigh in. They're quite high tech ones and the losses show the same generally with my CDC.

When I changed CDC the same thing happened to me, so don't worry hunnie! Your scales, first thing, no clothes, after wee (lol), will show an accurate loss if they are good.

Hi Linda

I weighed just before I left, 30 mins before seeing new CDC and nothing to eat or drink since then. That was with my clothes on too. Early this morn (just out of shower) I had lost almost 4, so was really pleased with that. Only now weigh twice a week, so been limiting myself not to jump on and off scales every day, as I did before. Thing is I'm moving to Hornchurch on Sat and only used this CDC becuase she was close to where I work, but now thinking again that someone closer might be better, esp if they don't move their scales. Don't get me wrong, she was lovely and did all the med details etc.. and a warm person too. Just, at the end of the day, though thats nice, I'm doing this for myself.. So feel a little robbed, esp knowing I've had a great week too and felt brilliant this morn, when my scales had shown a loss and before I left too. xx

Hi Liz.. I'm so glad someone else knows how I feel. I've now added that loss (3 of it) on here, as I know it's that loss. Will see what her scales say next week, and go by mine before I leave for hers, that way I'll know if I've had that loss anyway. If it happens again, I'll def change CDC's and will ask if she moves her scales, lol. xx

Could well be that her scales are slightly different to yours. However, you know you have lost so keep your chin up.

Not sure moving the scales will have made a lot of difference, we have a lot of mobile CDC's and they take their scales with them all the time.

Still doesn't help how you are feeling though does it, so as said above you have lost on your scales so you definitely have lost.

Could well be that her scales are slightly different to yours. However, you know you have lost so keep your chin up.

Not sure moving the scales will have made a lot of difference, we have a lot of mobile CDC's and they take their scales with them all the time.

Still doesn't help how you are feeling though does it, so as said above you have lost on your scales so you definitely have lost.

Thanks Linda. xxx

I wouldn't worry about the moving scales either if she ticks all the other boxes :) hard to find someone you click with.
I am 12st3lb on mine and was 12st6.5 on my CDC - clothes are heavy!!!
You have done well with that loss, so you should definitely count it!!

Sorry if I came across as rude or anything, it wasn't how I intended it! I didn't realise at first that your scales had shown a loss when I said maybe it was a STS week. I get that it's frustrating, I really really do. I didn't realise that moving scales would make a difference. To be honest, I'm not sure that I see how it could. I always get mine out to move them but have no problems. But then when I turn mine on they calibrate, and I always put them in the same place. If you know you've lost then as I said, you should just go by your scales. Try not to get disheartened about it.

Sorry if I came across as rude or anything, it wasn't how I intended it! I didn't realise at first that your scales had shown a loss when I said maybe it was a STS week. I get that it's frustrating, I really really do. I didn't realise that moving scales would make a difference. To be honest, I'm not sure that I see how it could. I always get mine out to move them but have no problems. But then when I turn mine on they calibrate, and I always put them in the same place. If you know you've lost then as I said, you should just go by your scales. Try not to get disheartened about it.

No.. not at all, Caroline. I just had a beef with the scales, lol.. I've now realised that CDC's are also mobile and take their scales with them, so it shouldn't make any difference. I think its just new scales, thats all. I'm sorry if I came across as thinking that, really wasn't my intention [hug]. xxx

My old bathroom floor was uneven and used to give different readings everytime i jumped on. So moving scales can make a difference. I would deffo go by your scales EF

I can totally understand how you feel tho... but I suppose we should only weigh on the CDC scales - even tho i'm on and off my bathroom scales ALL the time!! Too much temptation to see how well we are doing!

I'm sure you'll have a good loss next week. Don't be disheartened.

Lynne
x

I think they def do, Dreamingmaid.. if its on an uneven floor. Thumbs up to the CDC, she did put them on her wooden floor in hallway and it was level.

Just diff scales that's all and I'm gonna go by my own in future, I know if I've had a gain or a loss and each week, my old CDC has only been a lb or maybe 1.5 out from my morn WI, but then I allow for clothes and that WI was always in the eve at 7pm, so again, daily fluids etc.. This time I'd been home all morn - day off, weighed before I left, then straight on new CDC's scales within half hour, so there was no way for any more fluid to have gone on.

Thanks for all of your advice fellow CD buddies. xxx

My CD Counsellor comes to my house, so her scales are moved tons of times a week to all her clients houses and they seem to weigh me okay each week. Her scales weigh slightly different to mine though, so I think that could be the problem, just that her scales weigh slightly different to yours. Plus did you weigh on yours in the morning and hers later on in the day because I find if I weigh myself in the morning on mine and then before I go to bed there is often a 4lb difference, so could just be the time of the day. Hopefully next week you will have a big weight loss, fingers crossed for you.

Don't worry if your scales were the same as your other CDC's and it registered a loss, you've lost! So don't get down. I have the same I weigh myself at boots every week and my CDC's scales make me 3lbs heavier! But the boots scales must be more accurate! xx

Back