New diary-I'm going to class!!

Thursday 5th July.

Hex A- 375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.
B-coffee.
D-banana, blueberries, strawberries, sweetner, yogurt.
S-2 toast, 2 scrambled eggs.
T-4 sains BGTY sausages, pasta, onion, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, BNS,1 tsp mustard, yogurt.
Syns-sausages-2, mustard-1, timeout-4.5.

I'm going to class tomorrow morning after an exciting assembly at DD's school which Sir Steve Redgrave is coming to. All the kids (and some of the parents!!) are very excited. Hope my empty belly doesn't rumble loudly!!!

Steve Redgrave was great.
WI was ok-0.5lbs off, but that means I've lost 2 stone-weyhey!!!

Friday 6th July.

Hex A- 375mls skimmed milk
Hex B- 2 small WM bread.

B- coffee.
S (after WI) banana.
D- ham, new potatoes, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, grated carrot, beetroot, onion, salad cream, bread.
T- frylighted chicken breast with garlic powder, 1/2 sachet waitrose couscous, butternut squash chip things (roasted in frylight), roasted red onion, peppers, courgette, mushrooms, garlic.
S-pineapple, ff activia, timeout.
Syns-salad cream-2, couscous-1, timeout-4.5. Total 7.5/15.

Thankyou Rozie-hope you're having a good weekend.

Saturday 7th July.

Hex A-375 mls skimmed milk.
Hex B- 2 alpen lights.

B-coffee.
D-herb salad, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, yellow pepper, couscous, chicken, EL mayo.
T-beef goulash (lean braising steak, onions, mushrooms, peppers, tinned toamtoes, tomato puree, galic, paprika), rice, roasted BNS (all of a sudden I love this and could et it all day!!), cauliflower, green beans.
S- 2 alpen lights, 1 timeout.
Syns- couscous-1, mayo-1, timeout-4.5, 1 McD's chip and tiny morsel of chicken nugget (from DD's dinner-we were shopping)-1. Total-7.5. Weekly 15/30.

I'd hoped to fit some exercise in today but haven't managed it but have done a lot of dashing about so I hope that'll count. I have also spent a lot of time sat watching tennis and putting recipes out of SW mags into plastic wallets to put into a folder I bought today. Theres some nice sounding stuff-I think I'll have to get some postits so I can find the ones I would like to try.

Bought some winter size 14 trousers in the sale in sainsburys-they fit (slightly snuggly) and may need a belt by winter but at £8 a pair I couldn't not get them-can't really believe I'm into 14's!!

Sunday 8th July.

Hex A-375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.

B-coffee.
D-bacon, eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, 'fried' bread.
T- Rest of the goulash which was mainly vegetables, rice, roasted BNS (think I'm addicted to this!), cauliflower, green beans, courgette.
S-2 timeouts.
Syns- 1 tiny square chocolate-1, 2 timeouts-9, total 10. Weekly 25/45.

I spent an hour scrubbing the car this morning as it was filthy so good body magic, and I cut the grass in the rain break at wimbledon this afternoon-obviously my grass, not theirs!!! My right arm aches so much from this morning that I've had to have some ibuprofen so it must have worked off some calories!

Monday 9th July.

Hex B- 1 slice WM bread, 1 alpen light.

B- coffee.
D(late)- banana, blueberries, strawberries, FF activia.
S- slice bread and tiny scraping lurpak lighter.
T- couscous, roasted BNS, red onion, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, garlic. FF fromage frais. Plate was 2/3 SF.
S- alpen light, timeout.
Syns-couscous-1, butter-1, timeout-4.5. Total-6.5. Weekly-31.5/60.

Tuesday 10th July.

Hex B-1 slice wm bread.

B-coffee.
D-ham, new potatoes, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, grated carrot, beetroot, salad cream.
T-meatballs (EL mince, onion, mushrooms, breadcrumbs) in tomato sauce-(onion, mushroom,passata, tomato puree, sweetner, garlic LO roasted veg from monday) spaghetti, roasted BNS, 2 pieces garlic bread-whoops!!
Syns-salad cream-2, garlic bread-?8, 2 timeouts-9. Total-19.

Why can't I stick to this???? Its WI this evening (as swimming with school kids tomorrow) and I'm definately going to have put on because I've been a real pig.
Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Spoke to my donation nurse yesterday nad she may have some embryos for me to try in sept/oct-and I really really want to lose a stone by then.
So thats my challenge-8 weeks to lose 14lbs!!!

I lost 1.5lbs which must be mainly water as I was out at DD's sports day (she won a medal for hurdles!!) and only drank a small amount!

Yesterday was a bad day-what bad food choices I made.
I'm working 6 shifts in the next 5 days (starting with a late shift today) so my food is all planned until wednesay teatime-I'll do something mince based then if I remember to get it out of the freeer on tuesday morning.
Plan for today is salad and bread for early dinner and roast tea at mums. Tomorrow is salad at work and mushy pea curry and couscous after work-at 8pm!

Well done on the loss Helen. Sorry not been around. Been real busy with work myself so not had the chance to come on xx

Saturday 14th July.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.

B- coffee.
D-ham, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, onion, beetroot, salad cream, bread.
T-roast chicken, frylighted roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, brocoli, gravy, crab apple jelly.
Syns- salad cream-2, gravy and jelly-5, timeout-4.5. Total-11.5.

Sunday 15th July. 12.5 hr shift.
Hex B-2 small wm.

B-coffee.
D-ham, boiled egg, lettuce, tomatoes, grated carrot,cucumber, onion, bread, salad cream, ff activia.
Supper-mushy pea curry, wedges.
Syns- salad cream-2

Shattered now so off to bed-another early start tomorrow!

I've not had a particularly good week (chinese, white bread rolls with butter, crisps, various chocolate bars, iced gems, normal quiche-a whole one!!!) but still managed to lose 1/2lb. If I actually stuck to this I'd probably be able to lose 3lbs a week.
Going to try really hard this week.

Hex B- not had yet- will either have some bread or alpens for supper.

B- after WI-apple.
D-mushy pea curry (onion, mushrooms, carrots, celery, tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin seeds), small SW wedges, roasted BNS. Coffee.
T-lamb steak, couscous, big salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber,carrot, celery, orange pepper, red onion), EL mayo. Grapes, raspberries, blueberries.
Syns-couscous-1, mayo-1. I may have a timeout later-4.5. Total-6.5/15.
ETA-didnt have the timeout, just the Hex B alpens so syns were only 2/15!!!

Had plenty of green tea and water today, but not much exercise-perhaps 20 mins of walking.
I got compliments from 2 people today-about my weight loss and how thin my legs are!!-they don't look thin to me, however I wore a fitted size 14 top today and felt comfortable in it, so I suppose I must look different but I cant really see it.

Last edited:
I feel really good this morning that I managed to keep to plan properly yesterday and that I only had 2 syns which leaves me more to play with for the rest of the week.
Plan for today is ham salad for dinner and something with mince for tea. Hmm after just consulting DD she wants chicken curry and rice for tea- I have some cooked chicken in the fridge and a jar of korma sauce for her and I'll add some chciken to mushy pea curry for me as I made a batch last night. Looks like the mince will be tomorrow!!
We were supposed to be going to see a friends new baby this morning but DD is full of cold and coughing a lot so we're going to have to cancel-what a shame.
Will try and fit in some exercise today-it looks like its going to be a lovely day so will try and go for a walk-the fresh air will do DD good.

Saturday 21st July.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.

B-coffee.
D-ham, lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, beetroot, salad cream, bread.
S-waitrose ice cream cone.
T-mushy pea curry (dd's sharwoods sauce was 29 syns for the jar!!!!!!),rice, naan bread.
Syns- salad cream-2, ice cream-9, naan-10, chocolate fingers-5, drifter-5,medley bars-40.
Whoops!!!! Total of 71. Weekly-73 so leaves me with 32 for 5 days.

I did have about 80 minutes walk yesterday and I'll try and get some exercise today too. I don't know what happens in an evening-I wasn't hungry but just wanted something sweet and I don't know how to get away from these evening lapses apart from go to bed. I need more willpower. I think I really need to keep my goals in mind. I really really want to have lost 3 stone by the second week in september and I have 12lbs to go and 6 weeks so I really do need to keep on track to have any hope of doing that.

Back